The Christian Tithe ripoff.

That's God's way to make the gospel spread, men can use it for their ill will though.

What else do you think that the "good news" can convey?

God does not use money to spread the truth, he uses his Holy Spirit to communicate his message.
Maybe you should find out what the Great Commission is before you display your ignorance more.
It is very interesting to see his responses when a simple reading of the Bible makes it abundantly clear that many will not be saved. You have to ignore virtually the entire thing to make that case.

I have read these 100 bible verses;
100 Scriptural Proofs That Jesus Christ Will Save All Mankind

And these 600;
600+ Scriptures Confirming Universal Salvation

They all teach the salvation of all.

That's God's way to make the gospel spread, men can use it for their ill will though.

God does not use money to spread the truth, he uses his Holy Spirit to communicate his message.
Maybe you should find out what the Great Commission is before you display your ignorance more.
It is very interesting to see his responses when a simple reading of the Bible makes it abundantly clear that many will not be saved. You have to ignore virtually the entire thing to make that case.
His demons won't let him read the Bible.

Just keep reading the thread.

Priests didn't farm. They relied on tithes and first fruits and fish and herbs that were brought to the Temple. The premise is that the more time the Priests had to fend for themselves the less time they had to spend in prayer on the behalf of the tither. Let's ask Christ what He thinks about it:

You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
The latter He refers to is Love. The former He refers to is tithing.

He said:
You tithe your mint and rue, as well you should....an ignore the weightier issue of love.
That was to the Jewish Pharisees.
The Gentiles are not under Jewish Law.

But there is something unique about tithing.
It comes with a remarkable promise. And it works. It is the only time that I know of where our Father says, "Test me on this."
Here are the rules. 1/10th of income OFF OF THE TOP< not from what might be left over after you pay bills or buy groceries. 1/10th off the top, set it aside in an envelope, and give it to a church quickly before you are tempted to use some for gas money. And, It is not charity to be given to an organization.
That part is God's.
IF you increase that amount by 25% or more, God promises to return it all back to you X 7.
You made $100.00. $10.00 goes to God. Add an additional $2.50 to the $10.00 and get it all back multiplied by 7. You get $87.50 back. Except He doesn't stop there. You also get land you didn't sow, houses you didn't build, property you didn't pay for, oil under the property, cups that fill to capacity and then run over..

If you believe in your heart that you are not required to tithe, it is not held against you if you do not.
If you believe in your heart that you should be tithing to God and do not, it is considered by God as theft.

I am a closet atheist that has tithed every cent of my income since I was 11 years old. Only you guys know this about me. In real life I am a devout Southern Baptist that has tithed every cent of my income since I was 11 years old. I have never lacked of anything. There has never been a time in my life where I couldn't come up with $2,000 if an emergency arose. My income has sucked at times but I have never been desperate. There have been many times where I thought my church was being wasteful and ridiculous with the money I donated. I donated 10% of my income to individuals in my environment that needed a boost. I donated 10% of my income to other worthwhile charities. I have never done it but I wouldn't be closed to the idea of burning 10% of my income. It would serve the same purpose. 10% is a lot of money. It causes me to be very careful with what I do with the remaining 90%. I've already lost 10%. I can't be messing around. As an atheist it may sound odd but tithing is a Godsend. lol I'm glad it was a habit taught to me. It has caused me to prosper financially and I say that from a secular point of view. Tithing is a good habit to develop but I recommend giving 10% to friends or strangers that you hear that are having a hard time. It's more rewarding than giving to a church. Many charities and churches wouldn't exist without the practice of tithing. Tithing has been a major success from a historical perspective. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

I am ignorant of the details of tithing and I appreciate the education. It helps me understand a little better what motivated my Dad.

Most Protestant traditions define tithing as giving 10% of your income to the local church where you are a member. That's what makes it so successful. It's a fairly simple concept that requires a tangible sacrifice. 10% makes for easy math too. Too many things in religion are ambiguous, intangible or complicated. Tithing is clear, concise and easy to understand. It's very intoxicating because it's one of the few times that you know you are doing the right thing. That's a big win for a religiously motivated person. There is only one verse that people use to promote the practice.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10

Even though I don't believe in God I have still found this verse to be true in my own life. Tithing has caused me to be blessed financially. Another possibility is that I was destined to be blessed financially anyways. I have just been succored into tithing. If I wouldn't have been doing it all this time then I would be even better off. However, I highly doubt it.

Priests didn't farm. They relied on tithes and first fruits and fish and herbs that were brought to the Temple. The premise is that the more time the Priests had to fend for themselves the less time they had to spend in prayer on the behalf of the tither. Let's ask Christ what He thinks about it:

He said:
You tithe your mint and rue, as well you should....an ignore the weightier issue of love.

It comes with a remarkable promise. And it works. It is the only time that I know of where our Father says, "Test me on this."
Here are the rules. 1/10th of income OFF OF THE TOP< not from what might be left over after you pay bills or buy groceries. 1/10th off the top, set it aside in an envelope, and give it to a church quickly before you are tempted to use some for gas money. And, It is not charity to be given to an organization.
That part is God's.
IF you increase that amount by 25% or more, God promises to return it all back to you X 7.
You made $100.00. $10.00 goes to God. Add an additional $2.50 to the $10.00 and get it all back multiplied by 7. You get $87.50 back. Except He doesn't stop there. You also get land you didn't sow, houses you didn't build, property you didn't pay for, oil under the property, cups that fill to capacity and then run over..

If you believe in your heart that you are not required to tithe, it is not held against you if you do not.
If you believe in your heart that you should be tithing to God and do not, it is considered by God as theft.

I am a closet atheist that has tithed every cent of my income since I was 11 years old. Only you guys know this about me. In real life I am a devout Southern Baptist that has tithed every cent of my income since I was 11 years old. I have never lacked of anything. There has never been a time in my life where I couldn't come up with $2,000 if an emergency arose. My income has sucked at times but I have never been desperate. There have been many times where I thought my church was being wasteful and ridiculous with the money I donated. I donated 10% of my income to individuals in my environment that needed a boost. I donated 10% of my income to other worthwhile charities. I have never done it but I wouldn't be closed to the idea of burning 10% of my income. It would serve the same purpose. 10% is a lot of money. It causes me to be very careful with what I do with the remaining 90%. I've already lost 10%. I can't be messing around. As an atheist it may sound odd but tithing is a Godsend. lol I'm glad it was a habit taught to me. It has caused me to prosper financially and I say that from a secular point of view. Tithing is a good habit to develop but I recommend giving 10% to friends or strangers that you hear that are having a hard time. It's more rewarding than giving to a church. Many charities and churches wouldn't exist without the practice of tithing. Tithing has been a major success from a historical perspective. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

But don't be confused. Christ called giving to others charity, and it is a good thing. But the tithe is to the church. Right off the top of your paychecks. It is the first fruit that goes to God's house.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

Tithing was the Mosaic law-- Christians are not under that law.
Jesus taught a parable as well to that effect--He said--The Pharisees all gave their tithes, a little old woman had 2 small coins and gave them both out of her heart. Jesus said--what she gave had more value than all the tithes combined--- God and his son want from ones heart, not written law on paper-the new covenant= LOVE.
As well The bible teaches that one received the word of God for free and in return it should be given free as well.
Run from the teachers of darkness who demand a tithe. And get paid to give what God said to give free.
Biblical command to pay tithe. One by Jehovah Himself the other by Paul.

Heb 7:8
And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Men that die are us, probably referring to a congregational leader
But there He receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth
Meaning, when you pay tithing you're literally paying tithing to Jesus Himself because He liveth even though you're paying to men that die.

Paul supported the words of Jehovah when Jehovah said:
Lk 11:42
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Here Jesus criticizise the religion leaders in their sanctimonious bragging to paying tithing. But the qualifier is He said do not leave the other undone.
Which is a reference back to tithing that it is still to be practiced.

Ya know, if I didn't want to abide by the Lord's law of tithing I would rewrite the Bible and paint it green to.

"If a believer wishes to tithe out of a personal conviction , that is fine . Tithing becomes a problem when it is represented as God's command , binding upon every believer." ( Pagan Christianity , pg.178,Frank Viola.) When you have been thrown into deeper poverty because you felt obligated to give beyond your means , that is NOT the command of God! That is a heavy burden of oppression. Your liberty has become oppression. Your religion has become infected.
But the problem is, is that it is a commandment from God.

I have a solution.............if you don't want to tithe, don't go to church and seek out God on your own.

Yes, it is possible.
I was put up for adoption. Never have been able to locate my biological parents.

Of course its possible ; in my view a person curious about God would be better off avoiding churches and study on their own. That way they would not be affected with human meddling. Bypass all the junk that is in others and don't let them pour that mess into you.

Actually, that's kinda how I came to my current belief in God. As a child, I was shifted around from family to family (was in foster care after I was orphaned at 8), and every family I was placed in would tell me that the beliefs of the family I just left were wrong and that I now had to believe as they did.

I quit church at 16 because of that.

Later, because I still knew there was something out there that was bigger than me, I started to look at other belief systems until I found one that suited me, which was Tao. In studying Tao, I saw where all belief systems were pretty much similar.........they all have some form of a deity that watches over us, we should take care of others, not lie, cheat, steal or murder, and that if we do good here, we will go somewhere better when we shuffle off our mortal coil. If not, we go somewhere else.

Now? I like to listen to rabbis, some preachers, study Judaism, Buddhism, Tao, and parts of Christianity. The place where I part ways with certain belief systems is when they get mired down in their own dogma. My belief? The only "sin" that there is, is what is outlined in the 10 Commandments or the 7 Noahide Commandments. Anything else is just a vice, which if followed long enough, can cause you to sin.

Besides...................I firmly think that God is too big to be contained in just 1 dogma, and I also think that He speaks to each of us in a unique way, because as humans, we are all just a little bit different, and have differing views of how we perceive the world.

And..................if we are all alike, we are drones and clones, and God doesn't want that, because if He didn't, we wouldn't have free will.
I was put up for adoption. Never have been able to locate my biological parents.

Last edited:

He said:

That part is God's.

The selfish on this thread think that if you don't pay tithing God will take out a chapter 11

If "God" wants my money... then he's gonna have to swallow his pride, and ask for it personally. I guess if he's down on his luck I'd try to help him out.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

Any time mankind assembles for a religious reason there is a period dedicated to allowing the greedy to take advantage of ordinary folks. Right now the church owns more real property than any other entity on earth. Meanwhile nearly a billion on earth, mostly children, are suffering and dying from poor nutrition and starvation:

junkos-camera-paris-and-porto-109.jpg

salt-lake-mormon-temple1.jpg

b0a4d22036

Why don't I ever hear people like you bitching about George Soros?

You just think religion is pure in all things , you think Christianity is right , right and right all the time. Such a mindset cannot look truth in the face , it must sugar coat its own beliefs . Your religion is transparent , I see through it.

No, what I think is what's true is true and what's not true is BS, and I see that the truth is not in you. You are what is known as a troll, sir, a shit stirrer, if you prefer. People like you come to sites like this probably because they think everybody is as clueless as they are and no one will catch them in their falsehoods and half truths. Then they pick fights and cry foul when they get caught.

No, sir, YOU are the problem, not "religion" not Christianity, but people who can't stand the idea that someone might be happy with their own lives.

Explain to me how I am a troll ; I post only on my own threads , no where else hardly. You come to my thread , which your welcome too ,then accuse me of being a troll. No matter ,I still welcome you , and I still oppose you. And expose you.

Be glad to. You say you post only on your own threads, when you post on your own forum by yourself then you will not be a troll. As it is, you post on a "religion and philosophy" forum as a want-to-be iconoclast, except you don't know enough to be an iconoclast, you are just trying to stir up trouble. Get some meat into your arguments instead of posting your own meaningless opinion.

You have to know what the rules are before you can break them, and you don't, you're just making noise.

Vasuderatorrent, if you don't mind me asking, Why keep your atheism a secret?

Let's see. My kids are Christian. My wife is a Christian. My parents are Christian. My in laws are Christian. My siblings are Christian. Every single person in my social circle are Christian. My boss hired me because I have a reputation as a trustworthy Christian man. Besides when I tell people they just laugh and pretend it isn't true.

In short. The sociological force is strong with me. My wife, my kids and some of my co-workers know. Since God doesn't exist then what difference does it make? It's not like being an open atheist is going to change the world. I'm just one moron.

I have read these 100 bible verses;
100 Scriptural Proofs That Jesus Christ Will Save All Mankind

And these 600;
600+ Scriptures Confirming Universal Salvation

They all teach the salvation of all.
I have read them as well, and they do not assure universal salvation, because you have to ignore one central thing, that is that man has a CHOICE.

When Jesus says this, I do not believe in universal salvation:
Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Perhaps you would be so good as to explain what Jesus meant?

And then he says this:
Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Again, you have to ignore an awful lot to make that point.

Any time mankind assembles for a religious reason there is a period dedicated to allowing the greedy to take advantage of ordinary folks. Right now the church owns more real property than any other entity on earth. Meanwhile nearly a billion on earth, mostly children, are suffering and dying from poor nutrition and starvation:

junkos-camera-paris-and-porto-109.jpg

salt-lake-mormon-temple1.jpg

b0a4d22036

You just think religion is pure in all things , you think Christianity is right , right and right all the time. Such a mindset cannot look truth in the face , it must sugar coat its own beliefs . Your religion is transparent , I see through it.

No, what I think is what's true is true and what's not true is BS, and I see that the truth is not in you. You are what is known as a troll, sir, a shit stirrer, if you prefer. People like you come to sites like this probably because they think everybody is as clueless as they are and no one will catch them in their falsehoods and half truths. Then they pick fights and cry foul when they get caught.

No, sir, YOU are the problem, not "religion" not Christianity, but people who can't stand the idea that someone might be happy with their own lives.

Explain to me how I am a troll ; I post only on my own threads , no where else hardly. You come to my thread , which your welcome too ,then accuse me of being a troll. No matter ,I still welcome you , and I still oppose you. And expose you.

Be glad to. You say you post only on your own threads, when you post on your own forum by yourself then you will not be a troll. As it is, you post on a "religion and philosophy" forum as a want-to-be iconoclast, except you don't know enough to be an iconoclast, you are just trying to stir up trouble. Get some meat into your arguments instead of posting your own meaningless opinion.

You have to know what the rules are before you can break them, and you don't, you're just making noise.

Everywhere I post people show interest in my noise , including you. I hold no need to attack your personage , but I will punish your precious Christianity ; without end.

Everywhere I post people show interest in my noise , including you. I hold no need to attack your personage , but I will punish your precious Christianity ; without end.

So, like all trolls, you do this for the attention?

I gladly do it to bear witness to the truth as I understand it; I hold no interest in convincing anyone; the Holy Spirit holds that job. I have run into opposition from Christians before , I understand their feelings of rage , as I peel layers off of their religion.

I gladly do it to bear witness to the truth as I understand it; I hold no interest in convincing anyone; the Holy Spirit holds that job. I have run into opposition from Christians before , I understand their feelings of rage , as I peel layers off of their religion.

What an ego...

Forum List

Back