The Christian Nazis!

you got that WIELDERS of the SWORD allusion in the OT? -----I do remember that Jesus said something like "I come with a sword" in reference to himself---in
one of the gospels----but I do not remember a sword allusion in Isaiah's prophecy of the Messianic age. As to jesus being scorned over the turn the cheek thing----the only people I have ever encountered who sneered at that one were muslims------in current times. ------Jesus said stuff very similar to Jeremiah who was
constantly threatening DIRE stuff-------DESTRUCTION and ----woe .....etc.

It never occurred to me------wine? Now I understand-----you probably know that the WINE ceremony ----which is performed by catholics is actually a modification of the jewish "Kiddush"------Kiddush means "sanctification" and
involves a little ceremony involving bread and wine------the bread and wine does
not get transformed----it just stays bread and wine-------and some guy says a
prayer-------and then WE EAT!!!!!!! -----sheeeesh----It always seemed to
INNOCUOUS to me-------just a way to get the kids quieted down-----and ----
ready to eat--------sorta

"He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, " Isaiah 49:2

Take this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

I have not come to bring peace but a sword.

From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations. rev. 19:15

"Take this cup of wine and drink it. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"Just art thou in these thy judgements, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

Poetry.

Not exactly except in that it remains above the grasp of many who read it and there is by far more conveyed than what meets the eye.

The ever obstinate Jeremiah, not to mention every single coequal trinity worshiper, is inebriated on communion wine, vomits on a daily basis, and has happily ever after gone completely mad.

Coincidence?

Every nation that adopted a wine drinking Jesus worshiping ceremony historically went completely mad and then went on a murderous bloody rampage against unbelievers.

Coincidence?

And some people don't believe in curses......

Imagine that!

I doubt if they could perceive that the wielders of those "swords"would be purported followers of Christianity and that they would be the targets.

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lifts the sword to kill is bound by the sword to be killed."

ok more poetry-----it probably rhymes in Hebrew (or Aramaic)

I doubt if they could perceive that the wielders of those "swords"would be purported followers of Christianity and that they would be the targets.

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lifts the sword to kill is bound by the sword to be killed."

JQpublic1 said:
I suppose that s a biblical quotation but what relevancy does it have to shoah?

Last edited:

ok more poetry-----it probably rhymes in Hebrew (or Aramaic)

Maybe so.

It appears to me that the irrational ramblings and poetic prophecies of nomadic sheepherders has become our bloody history....

Who is dumber? Ancient people who wrote poetic prophecies about the dangers of losing ones mind or the people who have failed to heed the warnings and have lost their minds anyway?

..........and once a person loses their mind, with what can they get it back?

JQpublic1 said:
I suppose that s a biblical quotation but what relevancy does it have to shoah?

the shoah "holocaust" was not a Christian project-------the Inquisition was---
but not the "shoah" (my opinion)

When Hitler came to power, 98% of the German populace were Christians; the bulk of them being protestant Lutherans. Less than 1% of the population were Jewish!

Considering the lessons of love and altruism associated with Christian teachings, I have often wondered what could have prompted such deep rooted anti-Semitic hatred among the German followers of Christ! How could they justify the heinous nature of their genocidal apparatus? Could one man be so charismatic as to mesmerize millions of staunch Christians into complicity with such extreme social pathology.

Here is one clue:

Hitler was not the harbinger of ant-Semitism.. On the contrary, he was a by product of it. Hatred of the Jews had been festering centuries before he was born. Furthermore, anti-Semitism would be found in every country Jews settled in. But it was German Christians, both Catholic and Protestant, who finally acted upon long held anti-Semitic sentiments and committed murder with the blessings of the state...all in the name of their political rock-star: Adolph Hitler.

The racist anti-Jewish Nazi ideology converged with anti-Semitism that was historically widespread throughout Europe at the time and had deep roots in Christian history. For all too many Christians, traditional interpretations of religious scriptures seemed to support these prejudices.

While Hitler was a persuasive and talented orator, that alone would not have brought a high school drop out like himself to power. It took a bad economy, high unemployment and campaign promises of relief. He seemed to be the answer to their prayers. Indeed . to most, he was a godsend; and, he promptly set out to solidify that image. Finally, after several failures, the time was ripe to facilitate an appeal for people to accept a known uneducated radical as their Fuerher .. They did!

For the most part, the laity, and their professional clergy, modified their Christian front to accommodate Hitler’s Nazism;sometimes under duress but most often due to a sense of revived hope and renewed confidence in the German spirit. Either way, Hitler attained his goal and became the face of unspeakable evil... placing the very souls of the German people in jeopardy as they forsook their Christian values for material gain and to exact personal animus against a hapless people: Men women and children who were either Jewish, non-German or those who did not fit the Aryan model.

This is the Christian legacy of Germany!

Perhaps the Germans came to realize that their blood was being sucked dry by the anti-Christ population in their midst. Just a suggestion. But to be clear, there was a large Catholic presence in Germany and Hitler was pretty "cozy" with them. It's best not to confuse Christianity with Catholicism. Two different things.

When Hitler came to power, 98% of the German populace were Christians; the bulk of them being protestant Lutherans. Less than 1% of the population were Jewish!

Considering the lessons of love and altruism associated with Christian teachings, I have often wondered what could have prompted such deep rooted anti-Semitic hatred among the German followers of Christ! How could they justify the heinous nature of their genocidal apparatus? Could one man be so charismatic as to mesmerize millions of staunch Christians into complicity with such extreme social pathology.

Adolf was catholic by birth as were most of the big time players in his clan, '
The rest of Germany was largely LUTHERAN -----eager murderers of jews
for centuries ----------not all Christians are catholic or Lutheran-----some of them
quakers
Here is one clue:

Hitler was not the harbinger of ant-Semitism.. On the contrary, he was a by product of it. Hatred of the Jews had been festering centuries before he was born. Furthermore, anti-Semitism would be found in every country Jews settled in. But it was German Christians, both Catholic and Protestant, who finally acted upon long held anti-Semitic sentiments and committed murder with the blessings of the state...all in the name of their political rock-star: Adolph Hitler.

The racist anti-Jewish Nazi ideology converged with anti-Semitism that was historically widespread throughout Europe at the time and had deep roots in Christian history. For all too many Christians, traditional interpretations of religious scriptures seemed to support these prejudices.

While Hitler was a persuasive and talented orator, that alone would not have brought a high school drop out like himself to power. It took a bad economy, high unemployment and campaign promises of relief. He seemed to be the answer to their prayers. Indeed . to most, he was a godsend; and, he promptly set out to solidify that image. Finally, after several failures, the time was ripe to facilitate an appeal for people to accept a known uneducated radical as their Fuerher .. They did!

For the most part, the laity, and their professional clergy, modified their Christian front to accommodate Hitler’s Nazism;sometimes under duress but most often due to a sense of revived hope and renewed confidence in the German spirit. Either way, Hitler attained his goal and became the face of unspeakable evil... placing the very souls of the German people in jeopardy as they forsook their Christian values for material gain and to exact personal animus against a hapless people: Men women and children who were either Jewish, non-German or those who did not fit the Aryan model.

Perhaps the Germans came to realize that their blood was being sucked dry by the anti-Christ population in their midst. Just a suggestion. But to be clear, there was a large Catholic presence in Germany and Hitler was pretty "cozy" with them. It's best not to confuse Christianity with Catholicism. Two different things.

It wasn't hard at all to sway the mostly Lutheran society. Luther was very outspoken in his anti-Semitism.

That he was!! As was John Calvin and many of the early, Church Fathers: Anti-Semitism of the Church Fathers

really -----John Calvin? ------gee-----that explains some of the stuff
I have seen-----in the progeny ---of British Isles---persons-------uhm---
I am lazy------was john calvin-----Scottish? ok---never mind---I will poke on
your link

Here is one clue:

You quoted my op but you didn't read it through. I have taken the liberty to underline and embolden in bright red the part that addresses your concerns. Catholics are Christians whether you want to accept that fact or not. The Protestants are those Christians who broke away from the dogma of Catholic Christianity but make no mistake, both the German Lutherans and Catholics were/are Christians...at least in appearance!

Those same Christians, you say, perhaps came to realize that their blood was being sucked dry by the anti-Christian population in their midst. Do you realize the gravity of what you just said? You are, in effect, agreeing with the murderous people who killed innocent men, women and children based on fabricated logic born of invidious propaganda. If you are a Christian, fall on your knees and beg for forgiveness before its too late!

oh gee----French------somehow I thought Prebyterians are Scottish-----
uhm-----or is that Methodists?

Here is one clue:

You quoted my op but you didn't read it through. I have taken the liberty to underline and embolden in bright red the part that addresses your concerns. Catholics are Christians whether you want to accept that fact or not. The Protestants are those Christians who broke away from the dogma of Catholic Christianity but make no mistake, both the German Lutherans and Catholics were/are Christians...at least in appearance!

Those same Christians, you say, perhaps came to realize that their blood was being sucked dry by the anti-Christian population in their midst. Do you realize the gravity of what you just said? You are, in effect, agreeing with the murderous people who killed innocent men, women and children based on fabricated logic born of invidious propaganda. If you are a Christian, fall on your knees and beg for forgiveness before its too late!

Leave drifty alone------he is presenting his credentials------a full blown Nazi pig

don't hold your breath....

Some people have sunk so low that they have lost the inclination and ability to repent, ...

Here is one clue:

You're one of those who, apparently, believe in guilt by association. I can agree that a problem exists but not agree with others its solution. The point of the OP had more to do with why Hitler came to power and the feelings and attitudes of the Germans. It had little to do with Hitler's reported solution to that problem.

It wasn't hard at all to sway the mostly Lutheran society. Luther was very outspoken in his anti-Semitism.

That he was!! As was John Calvin and many of the early, Church Fathers: Anti-Semitism of the Church Fathers

your link

Calvin was originally born in France but I believe he ended up in Switzerland. Not too sure.

don't hold your breath....

Some people have sunk so low that they have lost the inclination and ability to repent, ...

Repent of what? Not agreeing with folks who deny my Lord Jesus Christ? I have nothing to repent of and owe no man anything.

your link

yes-----I did google------but somehow the Presbyterians in my town were something like descendants from early to America settlers ------I am not sure
how early------but there for a long time when all was farm lands. There were also EPISCOPALIANS -----like George wasthington ----ok I will google Calvinism in
the USA-------------gimme a minute

Calvin was originally born in France but I believe he ended up in Switzerland. Not too sure.

Yup-----it all works out-----CALVINISM (Presbyterianism)----spread all over---
the parts of Europe from which lots of the the persons in my hometown area originated---
in my home town that is -----Germany and parts of scandanavia-----there was
nothing particularly French---------but it is France where Calvin was born---
he did not stay there-----but did influence Protestantism there

Forum List

Back