It's such a shame that the left doesn't understand even basic economics...
  • Why didn’t she leave Hardee’s? No one forced Wise to stay with Hardee’s for 21 years without a significant raise.
  • She could have switched jobs to somewhere her talents would have been recognized and/or she could have pursued additional training to be a more attractive candidate for jobs that required more skills and paid more.
  • Underlying Wise’s argument is the thesis that any full-time job, regardless of how few skills it requires, should pay enough for an adult to be self-supporting and, with a partner’s salary, raise children.
  • In addition, not everyone who is looking for work needs to be able to support themselves and a family. When I was 15 and working my first summer at Burger King, I knew I needed some money—and I also knew a first (non-babysitting) job would give me valuable skills. In fact, a lot of minimum wage workers are in a similar situation. But raising the minimum wage could have the effect of eliminating jobs—which would make it harder for teens and young adults to get that crucial first job, which often helps them get the next better paid job.
This Minimum Wage Story Shows the Left’s Troubling Mindset

A prime example here of how progressive policy continues to fail society. After Martin Shkreli purchased the rights to the anti-parasitic drug Daraprim and raised the price from $13.50 per tablet to $750 per tablet, a high school student went out and created the medication for $2 per tablet. The free market flawlessly solving problems as it always does.

But....idiotic progressive top-down, centralized-controlled, centralized-planning communism. Business Insider explains:

But while the drug is still incredibly expensive in the U.S., in most countries, including Australia, it’s available for around $1 or $2 per tablet.

That’s because the drug is out of patent, but Turing Pharmaceuticals controls its distribution in the States through a loophole called the ‘closed distribution model‘.

That means for a competitor – such as the students’ new drug – to be able to be sold on the U.S. open market, it would have to be compared in trials to Shkreli’s product.

High school students make Martin Shkreli’s $750 drug Daraprim for $2
Putin's Puppet said he wanted to lower the price of prescription drugs.... Until Big Pharma paid him a visit.
Now he doesn't talk about it any longer.

Hes just another crooked politician. The joke's on you DEPLORABLES.
Actually it's on all of us.

After studying hundreds of years of history, conservatives have the solutions down to a science - while progressives continue to toil in catastrophic failure as they ignore reality in favor of ideology.

As Ronald Reagan stated - "weakness invites aggression". When Bill Clinton refused to deal with Al Qaeda and pulled out of Somalia at the first sign of a fight (like a coward), he convinced the world that America was cowardly. That emboldened the world. That coupled with failing to deal with Al Qaeda gave them the time and motivation to plan and execute 9/11. The mastermind of the attack - Khalid Sheik Mohammed - admitted that they were stunned by the response by the Bush Administration and that the Bush strategy prevented more attacks.

“Then he looked at me and said, ‘How was I supposed to know that cowboy George Bush would announce he wanted us ‘dead or alive’ and then invade Afghanistan to hunt us down?’” Mitchell writes.

“KSM explained that if the United States had treated 9/11 like a law enforcement matter, he would have had time to launch a second wave of attacks.” He was not able to do so because al-Qaeda was stunned “by the ferocity and swiftness of George W. Bush’s response.”

Had Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush been in office instead of Bill Clinton, 9/11 never happens. Weakness invites aggression. And the progressive idealistic weakness has invited unspeakable horrors against the U.S. It was done once again by Barack Obama - by making heavy cuts to our U.S. military (sending a signal to enemies) and by sending billions in ransom money to Iran.

A horrifying look into the mind of 9/11’s mastermind, in his own words

Wrong. 9/11 happened because of American aggression, not American passivity. 9/11 happened because Bush invaded Iraq in 1991, and then the US kept a military presence in Saudi Arabia. That is what drove Bin Laden and al qaeda to carry out the attacks on 9/11.

As usual, the truth is pretty much the opposite of what rightwingers think it is.

Would that be the Muslim brotherhood who was democratically elected in Egypt?
So are you now admitting that the world is not "as peaceful as it has ever been"? Are you admitting that you either lied or where completely uninformed about the current state of the Middle East? :dunno:

We need to be very clear here Timmy.

Timmy is a fuckin retard.

Left-wing policy creating epic failure yet again. The fact that these people think more government is the key to success is freaking hilarious:

"Employees from Gallaudet University, a Washington D.C. school for the deaf, had filed a complaint with the Justice Department about Berkeley’s vast library of content being unavailable for consumption by those with hearing disabilities. The Justice Department investigated, and found that the content was indeed violating the law, and ordered that the university make the material more friendly for the deaf.

Going through all this content and adding the necessary material to bring this content up to par would have been extremely time consuming and expensive. So it was that the university decided to just delete all the free public content."

As is always the case - the people (hatriots) who cry the loudest about the problem (lack of free education) are the one's who created the problem in the first place.

Government over-regulation forces university to delete 20,000 free online educational videos

"Economic control is not merely control of a sector of human life which can be separated from the rest; it is the control of the means for all our ends." - Friedrich Hayek

IMG_3259.JPG

I haven't been this happy since the American people told Hitlery Clinton to go home and not come back. Target is in serious trouble because they believed that catering to the left-wing hatriots would earn them business. Apparently their CEO skipped business school. Catering to those who mooch off of government to keep your business afloat is a bad strategy.

So glad to see the American people not only reject this insanity, but also make a private corporation pay the price for attempting to facilitate it.

Amid Stock Price Crash, Target Corp. Announces Store Re-Design - Breitbart

Forum List

Back