Former CIA officer cites US support of Israel as main cause of 9/11 in review of current Israel/Palestine situation

“Can you give a brief synopsis of what’s happening in Israel?” – Ray McGovern

The mistreatment of Palestinians played a huge role in the terrorist attacks of 9/11.

You can be forgiven for being unaware of that, if you take your information from the likes of the NY Times or academia, both of which – like the US government – shy away from telling the full story.

They press the ‘delete’ button, sometimes literally – as I demonstrated in a Nov. 15, 2009 article I called “Shining Light on Roots of Terrorism”. (See:

Here are short excerpts:

I cited the words of the ‘mastermind’ of 9/11, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, as to his motivation. He is quoted on page 147 of the 9/11 Commission Report published on July 22, 2004, as follows:

By his own account, KSM’s animus toward the United States stemmed … from his violent disagreement with U.S. foreign policy favoring Israel.

McGovern also points out the following:

A more convincing swing at this issue was taken in an unclassified study published by the Pentagon-appointed U.S. Defense Science Board on Sept. 23, 2004, just two months later. The board stated:

“Muslims do not ‘hate our freedom,’ but rather, they hate our policies. The overwhelming majority voice their objections to what they see as one-sided support in favor of Israel and against Palestinian rights, and the longstanding, even increasing support for what Muslims collectively see as tyrannies, most notably Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Pakistan, and the Gulf States.

“Closer to home, by further identifying itself with – and justifying – Israeli repression of the Palestinians, the United States helps breed more Khalid Sheikh Mohammeds and Ramzi Yousefs, more young terrorists determined to make Washington and the American people pay a price.”

Will we see another 9/11-scale attack as a result of USG support of Israel's brutal actions?

Is there a way forward in keeping with decency and the dictates of Zionism?
The left’s antisemitism knows no bounds…

Forum List

Back