The Carter-ization of Obama

"Carter like Ford did a lot of things that were good for the country but terrible politically. Neither man got a second term..but the country was better off because they were the right men at the right time."

Right man at the right time? Seriously? Having lived through Jimmy Carter's presidency I can tell you that we were NOT better off because of the things he did. It was a terrible time to be an American. The only time that comes close is now...

during Carter and into Reagan the mass population was in fear of the Japanese buying up the USA and the mood was one that Japan had finally defeated us. The decline of the auto industry to the Japanese fueled hatred to the point that Asian people were killed for being Asian.

Not really. But trust you to find a racist bogeyman hiding under the bed.

Actually, there was a fair complaint to be made. The Japanese were dumping at that time. - in short, selling products at a reduced cost to undermine our industry. Reagan called Shenannigans on that and we enjoyed an economic boom and the Japanese had to open factories in this country in order to compete.

Carter, on the other hand, simply bent over and took it. Like he took it from the Russians, the Arabs and anyone else who came along.

He didn't take shit from anyone.

There was the wheat embargo that probably weakened the Soviet grip on the population more then arms spending. "Rescuing" the hostages wasn't possible..but Carter was able through diplomacy, to keep them all alive. They probably would have been released sooner if Reagan's boys had not interceded with an arms deal.

"Carter like Ford did a lot of things that were good for the country but terrible politically. Neither man got a second term..but the country was better off because they were the right men at the right time."

Right man at the right time? Seriously? Having lived through Jimmy Carter's presidency I can tell you that we were NOT better off because of the things he did. It was a terrible time to be an American. The only time that comes close is now...

And the problem with that...is...I lived through that time as well. And I was alive during the crushing inflation of the Nixon era. Which Nixon tried to deal with by..get this..a freeze on wages! :lol:

Yep..you guys are all about the "No government dictating to private business" until one of your guys does something hare brained.

Ford's idea wasn't much better. He gave everyone buttons that said "Whip Inflation Now".

Carter? Hired Paul Volcker..who in turn raised interest rates to cool the economy.

THAT WAS THE THING THAT WORKED. :clap2:

Can't you just hear the Carter folks cheering, "We're number 2, we're number 2..."

As for the dickhead in chief, you can take the boy out of the city but you can't take the city out of the boy. Or in other words, once a community agitator, always a community agitator. That's it. That's all he's got.

Can't you just hear the Carter folks cheering, "We're number 2, we're number 2..."

As for the dickhead in chief, you can take the boy out of the city but you can't take the city out of the boy. Or in other words, once a community agitator, always a community agitator. That's it. That's all he's got.

Naw..not racist at all..

:lol:

Carter may have been in WAY over his head as the POTUS, but at least he was an honorable and honest man who served in the U.S. military and owned his own business.

Obama has NONE of those traits, except for being in way over his head.

Yeah Bush did serve in the military if a bit dubiously.

Dubiously? You're going to bring this shit up again.

You have the nerve to say that in a thread about Carter???

I knew this was coming and now I am hearing this on the news. President Carter has the worst President in history reputation and now the news media is calling it the Carterization of Obama.

I wonder how President Carter feels about being de-throned from his first place position in this category??:lol:

It's about time they realized this, I did the minute he signed the 787 billion dollar stimulus plan that felll flat on it's face the micute it left the gate. About time.:clap2::clap2:

Yep--this country invented the misery index during the Jimmy Carter administration--I imagine it won't be long before we have the Obama misery index too.

The only person in this nation (according to polling data) that can lose a race against (no-name) is Barack Obama--:lol:

I don't even think Jimmy Carter held that title.--:lol:

Just two words defeated the right, Hope & Change. How much lower could the con floor be than that?:lol::lol:

I knew this was coming and now I am hearing this on the news. President Carter has the worst President in history reputation and now the news media is calling it the Carterization of Obama.

I wonder how President Carter feels about being de-throned from his first place position in this category??:lol:

It's about time they realized this, I did the minute he signed the 787 billion dollar stimulus plan that felll flat on it's face the micute it left the gate. About time.:clap2::clap2:

Yep--this country invented the misery index during the Jimmy Carter administration--I imagine it won't be long before we have the Obama misery index too.

The only person in this nation (according to polling data) that can lose a race against (no-name) is Barack Obama--:lol:

I don't even think Jimmy Carter held that title.--:lol:

Just two words defeated the right, Hope & Change. How much lower could the con floor be than that?:lol::lol:

Now it will defeat you, as everyone is hoping to keep a little change.

:lol::lol::lol:

Go out on a street corner, stand up on a box and yell out the words "Hope & Change!!!"

I'm betting someone starts throwing rotten produce at your head within the first 30 seconds.

According to any poll (except for the clueless wingnuts) Carter isn't even in the bottom FIVE, but your boy "W" is.

So just go ahead and keep posting in ignorance. You obviously don't have a clue.

Carter deregulated several industries. He appointed the best Fed Chairman we've ever had. He refused the price caps his predecessors employed. And he increased defense spending.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why cons hate him so much.

Carter deregulated several industries. He appointed the best Fed Chairman we've ever had. He refused the price caps his predecessors employed. And he increased defense spending.

Simple. Because he had a "D" by his name. If Reagan had a "D" by his name while serving as POTUS the right wingnuts on this board would be tearing him a new one and making up lies about him too.

President Obama has been being Carter'ized by the pseudo-cons since he defeated Hillary. Everyone know the reason Carter is demonized still is becuase of his feud with the Bushes and trying to reduce our dependence on fossel fuels for energy.

That's the same feud that gave us the Ayatollah and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Also it is likely that Raygun and W will be one and two on the worst president list anyway.....

You heard it, huh?

Gee.....how convincing.....
handjob.gif

The biggest "hit", on Carter, can ONLY be....he was waaayyy ahead-of-his-times......​

March/April 2000

"The budget for the solar institute -- which President Jimmy Carter had created to spearhead solar innovation -- was slashed from $124 million in 1980 to $59 million in 1982. Scientists who had left tenured university jobs to work under Hayes were given two weeks notice and no severance pay. The squelching of the institute -- later partly re-funded and renamed the National Renewable Energy Laboratory -- marked the start of Reagan's campaign against solar power. By the end of 1985, when Congress and the administration allowed tax credits for solar homes to lapse, the dream of a solar era had faded. The solar water heater President Carter had installed on the White House roof in 1979 was dismantled and junked. Solar water heating went from a billion-dollar industry to peanuts overnight; thousands of sun-minded businesses went bankrupt. "It died. It's dead," says Peter Barnes, whose San Francisco solar- installation business had 35 employees at its peak. "First the money dried up, then the spirit dried up," says Jim Benson, another solar activist of the day.

The solar future first dawned in the fall of 1973 during the Yom Kippur War, when Arab states halted oil shipments to try to force the United States and Europe to withhold support for Israel. The 1973 and 1979 oil embargoes drove the price of a barrel of crude oil from less than $4 in 1970 to more than $22 a decade later. The crisis created an awareness of U.S. dependence on foreign oil, spurring research into alternatives. Although nuclear power received the most funding, hopes that cleaner sources of energy would power the future made the 1970s a good time to be technically adept and politically engaged in Washington. A corner of government opened itself to young idealists.

The solar pioneers of the '70s were a mixed lot -- anti-war activists with technical training, counterculture farmers, computer nerds with a conscience.

Jimmy Carter's narrow victory in the 1976 presidential election warmed solar hopes. Before the inauguration, Benson, Hayes, alternative-energy guru Amory Lovins, and others were invited to a retreat in Georgia where they drew up the Wolf Creek Statement, a document that helped shape the new administration's energy plan. Politi- cally speaking, Sun Day -- May 3, 1978 -- was the peak of support for solar energy in the United States. U.N. representative Andrew Young took part in a sunrise ceremony on the East River in New York. Jimmy Carter, at a rainy Colorado rally, announced new tax incentives and solar research programs; Rosalynn Carter donned a Sun Day T-shirt at a press conference with Denis Hayes, the event's leading organizer. In subsequent years, the Carter administration haltingly introduced legislation that helped create a fledgling solar industry, its most visible arm being rooftop solar water heaters.

Then came Reagan. "If Jimmy Carter had been reelected president, we would now have a quarter or so of the nation's energy resources coming from renewables," Hayes says. "It was a clear, calculated campaign by the DOE in the years of the Reagan administration to crush the solar energy program of the federal government, driving many of the most talented people out of the field."

August 01, 2011

"SolarCity, started in 2005 by brothers Lyndon and Peter Rive in Peter’s kitchen, has grown to more than 1,200 employees. “Over the last 12 months we’ve hired over 600 employees and as of today, we have over 400 job openings,” says Chief Executive Officer Lyndon Rive. “Most of the people we hire are within the local communities. You can’t outsource this work to China,” he adds.

SolarCity’s rapid growth reflects a boom in the solar industry. The total value of U.S. solar market installations grew 67 percent to $6 billion in 2010, up from $3.6 billion in 2009, according to a June 16 report from the Solar Energy Industry Assn. (SEIA) and GTM Research. As of now, there are about 117,000 solar jobs in the U.S., up from about 93,000 in August 2010, according to the Solar Foundation, the SEIA’s research and education arm, and the National Solar Jobs Census 2010."

Just think how-far-along-we'd-be.....if ReRon Reagan wasn't such a Pro-Oil cretin.​

Last edited:
Not really. But trust you to find a racist bogeyman hiding under the bed.

Actually, there was a fair complaint to be made. The Japanese were dumping at that time. - in short, selling products at a reduced cost to undermine our industry. Reagan called Shenannigans on that and we enjoyed an economic boom and the Japanese had to open factories in this country in order to compete.

Carter, on the other hand, simply bent over and took it. Like he took it from the Russians, the Arabs and anyone else who came along.

He didn't take shit from anyone.

There was the wheat embargo that probably weakened the Soviet grip on the population more then arms spending. "Rescuing" the hostages wasn't possible..but Carter was able through diplomacy, to keep them all alive. They probably would have been released sooner if Reagan's boys had not interceded with an arms deal.

Right. So how was that done, exactly?

I mean, did Bush's boys have a cache of weapons under their beds they could sell?

the Problem is that you are confusing the "Iran-Contra" events (which happened in 1985-1987) with the paranoid "October Surprise" allegations, which were completely debunked.

Of course, if you actually believe that to be true, than Carter was grossly incompetant that he could not detect a rival political party AND a major ally dealing with a foriegn power at a time when he controlled both houses of Congress, the CIA, DIA, Pentagon and Secret Service.

For me I will never forgive him for letting our Embassy in Iran be taken.Then after it was taken not responding with the full force of our Military.Attacking an embassy is an attack on the United States of America and is considered an act of War. :(

It's about time they realized this, I did the minute he signed the 787 billion dollar stimulus plan that felll flat on it's face the micute it left the gate. About time.:clap2::clap2

Michelle Malkin » Gallup: No Need to Raise the Presidential Approval Rating CeilingGallup: No Need to Raise the Presidential Approval Rating Ceiling

By Doug Powers • July 29, 2011 04:07 PM **Written by Doug Powers

The presidential approval rating ceiling doesn’t have to be raised, but the floor might need to be lowered soon.
I saw this coming back in 2008 after his election. Why are you surprised?

Too bad it's so damn accurate. It's the only accomplishment P-BO has actually excelled at. Carter sucked so hard he bent light. P-BO faces the possibility light won't escape.

President Obama has been being Carter'ized by the pseudo-cons since he defeated Hillary. Everyone know the reason Carter is demonized still is becuase of his feud with the Bushes and trying to reduce our dependence on fossel fuels for energy.

That's the same feud that gave us the Ayatollah and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Also it is likely that Raygun and W will be one and two on the worst president list anyway.....
Reagan's still a top 10 top 15 president. W will probably end up in the middle with Truman and Clinton. HW Bush the lower third. P-BO and Carter will have to fight hard to unseat such disappointments as Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Hoover, Andrew Johnson and Buchanan. If lucky, he'll float around with the 'do-nothings' like Fillmore, Pierce and the like.

Forum List

Back