The Bush Presidency: A Retrospective

pfife

anti
Jan 9, 2009
in the house
Well, I'm new here, so please forgive me if this has already occurred on this board. If at all possible, which it probably isn't, it would be nice if Bush detractors could remain silent for a while as to get a good list going.

What I'm looking for is this from Bush Supporters - what do you consider to be his best achievements during his presidency?

No more 9/11's in the US. work begun on empowering people in Middle Eastern Countries rather than megalomaniacs, The ending of the near decade and a half war with the government of Saddam Hussein at a cost in human suffering considerably less than what leaving him in power would have eventually cost.

Last edited:
I'm not a Bush supporter (although, I did vote for him the first time around).

His best accomplishment was how the liberals reacted to him. I've never seen one man cause so many people to act like rabid idiots. That's a heck of an accomplishment.

I'm not a Bush supporter (although, I did vote for him the first time around).

His best accomplishment was how the liberals reacted to him. I've never seen one man cause so many people to act like rabid idiots. That's a heck of an accomplishment.

Yup, it is hilarious to watch the last 8 years to include from before he got elected in 2000. These people demand we support Obama and give him a chance when the facts are they NEVER gave Bush a chance at all.

Bush's accomplishment of note is the ruination of the Republican Party. That is a good thing. Huge majorities in both houses of Congress for the Democrats and the executive branch in their hands also :clap2:

Well done Mr. Miserable Failure

Worst President in a long, long time.

Thank God, Jimmy Carter moves up a couple of pegs thank to Bush!

Yup, it is hilarious to watch the last 8 years to include from before he got elected in 2000. These people demand we support Obama and give him a chance when the facts are they NEVER gave Bush a chance at all.

Still defending Bush?

Unfortunately, this isn't the truth. Is that something that Sean Hannity told you to parrot?

Bush got substantial Democratic support for his tax cuts for the rich, his Iraq War, Afghanistan, Patriot Act, and his Education policy.

I understand its painful for you that eventually Bush's policies failed, and eventually he could never recover any meaningful Democratic support. Failed policies will do that you know; no one wants to be tied to them. Even your own party started to run against bush and pretend they never supported him. Remember?

Still defending Bush?

Unfortunately, this isn't the truth. Is that something that Sean Hannity told you to parrot?

Bush got substantial Democratic support for his tax cuts for the rich, his Iraq War, Afghanistan, Patriot Act, and his Education policy.

I understand its painful for you that eventually Bush's policies failed, and eventually he could never recover any meaningful Democratic support. Failed policies will do that you know; no one wants to be tied to them. Even your own party started to run against bush and pretend they never supported him. Remember?

Ya I guess in 2000 before he even got elected all the attacks and claims he was gonna cause WW3 and destroy the US were just my imagination? I guess the monkey boy calls in 2000 before he even was President was my imagination? I guess all the personal attacks and lies told about him through out his presidency are my imagination.

By the way, if you are not going to post something with in the context of the threads purpose, just admit you are a troll so we can have your ass banned.

Ya I guess in 2000 before he even got elected all the attacks and claims he was gonna cause WW3 and destroy the US were just my imagination? I guess the monkey boy calls in 2000 before he even was President was my imagination? I guess all the personal attacks and lies told about him through out his presidency are my imagination.

By the way, if you are not going to post something with in the context of the threads purpose, just admit you are a troll so we can have your ass banned.

By why did "Conservatives" wait till he was unpopular to declare they don't support him? They voted for him again in 2004 though it was clear that he was no Conservative.

And why are you threatening to ban someone when you yourself started liberal bashing right in this very thread? Hello McFly! :cuckoo:

Bush's accomplishment of note is the ruination of the Republican Party. That is a good thing. Huge majorities in both houses of Congress for the Democrats and the executive branch in their hands also :clap2:

Well done Mr. Miserable Failure

Worst President in a long, long time.

Thank God, Jimmy Carter moves up a couple of pegs thank to Bush!

Actually, I think that would be a major accomplishment of the media.

I m not a Bush supporter, but to be fair: His Africa Aids-help program was said to be a very successful program.

Bush II did a remarkable job of urban renewal in New Orleans.

He did way better than any previous president on that job.
In fact, I don't think Clinton did anything at all for urban revitalization in New Orleans.

Or maybe it was congress controlling that spending. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back