The Bush Presidency: A Retrospective

He obviously did a marvelour job insuring that the SEC was neutered and powerless to actually monitor what was going on in the markets.

It is this kind of thinking that ruined our good standing in the world.

This is what we get putting red necks in charge.

GWB said it best this morning. I paraphrase "What Europe thinks of us is not important. What is important is that the President keeps the USA safe from attackers that are still out there and still want to destroy us" NEWSFLASH for the Chicargo Thug.. Popularity is not your priority.

And this DUMbass you just elected put all the Clintonistas back in charge of our saftey.. Shudder!

GWB said it best this morning. I paraphrase "What Europe thinks of us is not important. What is important is that the President keeps the USA safe from attackers that are still out there and still want to destroy us" NEWSFLASH for the Chicargo Thug.. Popularity is not your priority.

And this DUMbass you just elected put all the Clintonistas back in charge of our saftey.. Shudder!

What if what Europe thinks is right and Bush is wrong? Then it does matter what Europe thinks. What if the rest of the world agrees with Europe? Would that matter?

Clintons? You mean the people who won the Kosovo war without one US casualty? Sounds good to me.

Also, the World Trade Center got hit in 1993 and we didn't have another terrorist attack in America by Bin Ladin the rest of Bill's presidency.

Just like Bush did a great job :eusa_liar: because he didn't get hit again after 9-11, Clinton did a great job by not getting hit again. :lol:

Well, I'm new here, so please forgive me if this has already occurred on this board. If at all possible, which it probably isn't, it would be nice if Bush detractors could remain silent for a while as to get a good list going.

What I'm looking for is this from Bush Supporters - what do you consider to be his best achievements during his presidency?

His African AIDS initiative seems to have been a good thing.

And those hay bales his staff placed around his farm house for photo ops, were a nice touch.

WASHINGTON - President Bush, in the final official news conference of his presidency, offered rare acknowledgements of mistakes and disappointments during his presidency.

Bush said "not finding weapons of mass destruction was a significant disappointment."

The accusation that Saddam Hussein had and was pursuing weapons of mass destruction was Bush's main initial justification for going to war.

Bush admitted another miscalculation: Eager to report quick progress after U.S. troops ousted Saddam Hussein, Bush five years ago made a victory speech in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner, a sign that turned out to be wildly optimistic.

"In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed," he declared triumphantly May 1, 2003, from the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln off the coast of San Diego.

"Clearly putting 'Mission Accomplished' on an aircraft carrier was a mistake," he said.

"The question is, in the long run, will this democracy survive, and that's going to be a question for future presidents," he said.

And the answer is no. So $10 billion a month for 5 years was all for nothing.

Bush also said that "some of my rhetoric" has been a mistake. He had been widely criticized for proclaiming "Bring it on!" to insurgents in Iraq.

Other missteps
He said he probably miscalculated in going for an overhaul of the Social Security program, rather than seeking immigration reform, in the wake of his re-election to a second term in 2004.

Bush also cited his "disappointment" with the revelations of abuses at the Abu Ghraib detention camp in Iraq.

In perhaps the defining domestic issue of his presidency, Bush defended the government's record in responding to Hurricane Katrina in 2005, even while admitting once more that some things could have been done differently.

So imagine the real mistakes he made!!! You didn't think he would actually point out his real mistakes, like crashing the economy, did you?

This is GW's spin on his mistakes.

How about outting a CIA agents name? How about taking troops out of Afganistan before the job was done? How about surrounding Bin Ladin on 3 sides of the Tora bora mountains so he could escape? How about not reading the memo warning him of 9-11? How about his gas gouging that helped caused this global market meltdown.

No, his admissions are lame.

He is a sad little failure who knows he is and is now trying to put a spin on his screw ups.

"What Europe thinks of us is not important. What is important is that the President keeps the USA safe from attackers that are still out there and still want to destroy us"

There is a line in the sand that says when attacked, you still keep the values that your country was founded on.

He is a coward. He threw out our values for convenience and a false sense of security.

There is a difference about trying to be popular and just telling everyone else to screw themself because you know everything.

Oh, the ones who left US with a frigging Surplus? Those terrible people.

Take your head out of the kitty litter and see the sunlight.:lol: He never made us safer. He just broke all the laws pretending to do so.

REmember, we were attacked on his watch.

Take your head out of the kitty litter and see the sunlight.:lol: He never made us safer. He just broke all the laws pretending to do so.

Your surplus myth has already been debunked, time and time and time again... yet you and others like you continue to try and push that old chestnut back out there

He is a sad little failure who knows he is and is now trying to put a spin on his screw ups.

There is a line in the sand that says when attacked, you still keep the values that your country was founded on.

He is a coward. He threw out our values for convenience and a false sense of security.

There is a difference about trying to be popular and just telling everyone else to screw themself because you know everything.

We were played. I truly believe PNAC let 9-11 happen so they could push their radical foreign and domestic policies. Chaney & Rumsfeld have been waiting to do this since they worked for Nixon. And they have the power, so they'll probably even get to re-write history. Actually, I don't think so. He'll go down like Hoover. And that's another time the Robber Barons fleeced America. That's right, I'm saying the Great Depression was totally on purpose, just like this recession was created.

And the bankers are shamelessly emptying the treasury right in front of our eyes. And no one cares to connect the dots and wake up to the fact that private bankers own the Federal Reserve. Hell, last year didn't the Feds bailout AIG without even going thru congress? How is that even possible?

The Republicans truly own this country. They own all the big business', all the lobbyists (see k street project), & the supreme court is now stacked in their favor too? Remember they cut the Exxon Valdez settlement in half? Bullshit! So from now on, corporations get to do whatever they want, because the Supreme Court will back them up? Thank God the GOP isn't in control of any of the three houses anymore. They should NEVER run any of the 3 branches and hopefully Obama appoints some liberals to the Supreme Court so we can get some justice and finally legalize pot. :eusa_pray:

Not to mention lowering our wages, sending jobs overseas and hiring illegals for the last 8 years. Bastards.

Last edited:
Your surplus myth has already been debunked, time and time and time again... yet you and others like you continue to try and push that old chestnut back out there

Clinton did have a Surplus. If you do the math based on how Nixon, Reagan, Bush 1 & Bush 2 calculate whether THEY had a surplus or deficit, Clinton had a SURPLUS.

Please answer us this question numb nuts. What was Reagans Deficit and what was Clintons and what was GW Bush's?

Reagan had =

Bush had =

Clinton had =

I can't wait to see your numbers. :eusa_whistle:

no the assholes who sat around for 8 years doing nothing about all the terrorist attacks upon us.. those are the asshole of whom I speak. DUmmie

no the assholes who sat around for 8 years doing nothing about all the terrorist attacks upon us.. those are the asshole of whom I speak. DUmmie

Doing nothing? But they took all that time coming up with that nice report that they flew down to Crawford Texas titled, "Bin Ladin Determined To Attack Inside the US Using Planes", and bush told the CIA agent, "ok, you covered your ass"

And why did Chaney have control of NORAD on 9-11? That's never happened before.

You do know Chaney & Rumsfeld worked for Nixon, right? In other words, they are the same people who lied us into Viet Nam.

Don't you see you've been lied to? And to call Ray the dummy? That's :lol:

Doing nothing? But they took all that time coming up with that nice report that they flew down to Crawford Texas titled, "Bin Ladin Determined To Attack Inside the US Using Planes", and bush told the CIA agent, "ok, you covered your ass"

And why did Chaney have control of NORAD on 9-11? That's never happened before.

You do know Chaney & Rumsfeld worked for Nixon, right? In other words, they are the same people who lied us into Viet Nam.

Don't you see you've been lied to? And to call Ray the dummy? That's :lol:

The only one lying to me is you bobo yep, like it or not the clintonista did nothing but yap about the terrorist and call the police.. go get em police says billybobob.. lol,, yep see where that got us? in shit city, yep, you and ray,, DUmmies.

The Clinton team protected us longer and better from these terrorists.

Clinton: an attack on WTT with a truck bomb 20 days into his term.

Bush: 9 months into his term we lost 3,000+ people.

Clinton wins the debate.

The only one lying to me is you bobo yep, like it or not the clintonista did nothing but yap about the terrorist and call the police.. go get em police says billybobob.. lol,, yep see where that got us? in shit city, yep, you and ray,, DUmmies.

Where did Bush's actions get us? :cuckoo:

Remember Bush in 2003 said Mission Accomplished? It is now 2009. Is the Mission Accomplished? :lol:

:eusa_whistle: :eusa_liar: :eusa_hand: :clap2: :razz: :doubt: :eusa_eh:

Where did Bush's actions get us? :cuckoo:

He has prevented furthur terrorist attacks. Too Bad Clinton didn't act on his infor and prevent 9-11. What did he do? Yes, he let Arabs into the US and allowed them to take flying lessons on jumbo jets. He didn't make them learn how to land them either. He just looked the other way.. Now it's you guys turn again. I wish us well. :lol::lol::lol:

Remember Bush in 2003 said Mission Accomplished? It is now 2009. Is the Mission Accomplished? :lol:

:eusa_whistle: :eusa_liar: :eusa_hand: :clap2: :razz: :doubt: :eusa_eh:

The mission of the military war and the removal of Saddam's regime... yep.. as stated.. it was accomplished.. however Bush underestimated the BDS controlled media and the inept left influenced public, that would be gullible enough to believe that "mission accomplished" meant that the further missions and needs for the situation were also done, namely helping Iraq rebuild and turn up government and security....

But nice try again....

Forum List

Back