Obama to host dinners honoring Powell, Biden and McCain

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama to host dinners honoring Powell, Biden and McCain « - Blogs from CNN.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) — President-elect Obama will host a series of dinners the night before his inauguration honoring Ret. Gen. Colin Powell, Vice President-elect Joe Biden, and his former presidential rival, Republican Sen. John McCain, the Presidential Inaugural Committee announced Saturday.

"In these times of great challenge and great change, leadership requires rising above the same old narrow partisanship," the president-elect said in a statement released by the committee.

"Each of these distinguished Americans has spent his life in service to his country, at each and every moment placing the interests of America before issues of political party. That is precisely the spirit of common purpose we need as we begin the work ahead."

Now that is Obama once again rising above partisanship and being a class act.

Cause that's exactly what we need. Wasting money on celebration for liberals. Fabulous plan.

Cause that's exactly what we need. Wasting money on celebration for liberals. Fabulous plan.

1.) I didn't know Colin Powell and John McCain became Liberals overnight?

2.) Who said it was tax money being spent?

1.) I didn't know Colin Powell and John McCain became Liberals overnight?

2.) Who said it was tax money being spent?

1)They didnt. Theyve been liberals for well over a decade already. No one has ever disputed that.

2)You honestly think Obama's spending his own money?

1)They didnt. Theyve been liberals for well over a decade already. No one has ever disputed that.

1.) Uh I do. They may have a couple Liberal views but that doesn't make them Liberals. Under your logic, any president would be both sides.

2.) It's called people paying money for tickets, then that money goes towards the party. Simple concept no?

1.) Uh I do. They may have a couple Liberal views but that doesn't make them Liberals. Under your logic, any president would be both sides.

2.) It's called people paying money for tickets, then that money goes towards the party. Simple concept no?

There isn't any point in being rational with people like him, he's gonna hate everything Obama does even if its good

The inaugral festivites are funded privately by Obama's Presidential Inaugral Committee. Which is exactly how Dubya did it in 2000.

Are you going to admit you were in error?

WASHINGTON (CNN) — President-elect Obama will host a series of dinners the night before his inauguration honoring Ret. Gen. Colin Powell, Vice President-elect Joe Biden, and his former presidential rival, Republican Sen. John McCain, the Presidential Inaugural Committee announced Saturday.

Obama's Presidential Inaugural Committee Sets Up Shop

Barack Obama's Presidential Inaugural Committee begins its work today, though an official announcement of its formation is not expected until later in the week.

Key members of the finance team and press staff have arrived in Washington for the undertaking of what is widely expected to be the most highly attended presidential inauguration ever. Their task is to organize - and raise several million dollars for - all of the official inaugural balls, galas and other festivities that will mark the dawning of the Obama administration. (To put it in perspective, President Bush spent around $40 million on his inaugural events in 2005, much of which was raised from corporations and lobbyists.)

Obama's Presidential Inaugural Committee Sets Up Shop - The Sleuth

There isn't any point in being rational with people like him, he's gonna hate everything Obama does even if its good

HAHAHA. That's the funniest thing Ive heard in a long time from the Bush haters.

No I just dont see how hosting a dinner honoring lefties is some noble gesture from Obama. Im not brainwashed into thinking everything he does is divine. Give me a break.

HAHAHA. That's the funniest thing Ive heard in a long time from the Bush haters.

No I just dont see how hosting a dinner honoring lefties is some noble gesture from Obama. Im not brainwashed into thinking everything he does is divine. Give me a break.

First off, I didn't rip Bush until AFTER he took the office and then proceeded to keep screwing up. Secondly, respecting Obama's decisions isn't brainwashing, I just agree with him

Lastly, these events are privately funded you moron. Thats exactly why you voted for Bush twice

Last edited:
Uh whatever...Colin Powell endorced Obama,Biden is his VP and no one helped Obama win more then McCain the "Maverick" who no one in the GOP even likes. This would be Obama paying back his big buddies (more of the same)....nothing else.

Bi -Partisan and " raising above partisanship" would be actually stepping out of the "box" and honoring someone the left can't stand...like GWB for instance.

Obama is not a risk taker. I don't see him being Bi-Partisan in a meaningful way...ever.

The funniest thing I've heard in a long time from anyone is you saying McCain has been a Democrat for a decade. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 months ago he was the Rep POTUS candidate. 60-some million people are going to be really surprised that they actually voted for a Democrat. :cuckoo:

Im not brainwashed into thinking everything he does is divine.

There's a joke in there somewhere about being brainwashed. Ooohhhhh, what is it? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Uh whatever...Colin Powell endorced Obama,Biden is his VP and no one helped Obama win more then McCain the "Maverick" who no one in the GOP even likes. This would be Obama paying back his big buddies (more of the same)....nothing else.

Bi -Partisan and " raising above partisanship" would be actually stepping out of the "box" and honoring someone the left can't stand...like GWB for instance.

Obama is not a risk taker. I don't see him being Bi-Partisan in a meaningful way...ever.

I agree. His hosting a dinner/lunch even cocktails for GW would be news, not the ones mentioned.

Why is this a story? Obama hosting dinner parties for friends and future political allies? SHOCKING!

The fact that it is a story at all goes to show that the Obama-mania is far from over. Every time he breathes there is someone around to tell us how magnificent he is - and how he breathes better than ANY other President has EVER breathed.

Even if you are an ardent Obama supporter...if you are first an American citizen you should be concerned about this type of hype and fawning over a man, a politician, with the amount of power he is about to be given.

Why is this a story? Obama hosting dinner parties for friends and future political allies? SHOCKING!

The fact that it is a story at all goes to show that the Obama-mania is far from over. Every time he breathes there is someone around to tell us how magnificent he is - and how he breathes better than ANY other President has EVER breathed.

Even if you are an ardent Obama supporter...if you are first an American citizen you should be concerned about this type of hype and fawning over a man, a politician, with the amount of power he is about to be given.

Exactly the same happened with Tony Blair in Britain in 97. It went on for a couple years and then political reality became apparent.

Will be interesting to see if the same happens to Obama. I suspect it will.

Forum List

Back