The Biggest Study Yet of Obamacare Indicates Insurance Will Be Cheaper Than Expected

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Suck it, wingnuts! :lol:

The Biggest Study Yet of Obamacare Premiums Indicates Insurance Will Be Cheaper Than Expected

Here's some good news for Americans who are currently uninsured, who currently buy insurance on the individual marketplace, or who think it's possible that at some point over the course of their life they might have to or want to switch jobs—the premiums charged for insurance plans on the Affordable Care Act exchanges will likely be cheaper than forecast by the Congressional Budget Office.

Since the level of subsidies available to families of modest means is keyed in part to the price of insurance premiums, this is also good news for anyone who pays taxes or uses non–health care public services.

The news comes to us from the Kaiser Family Foundation which recently completed the most comprehensive survey yet of what Obamacare plans will actually cost. Answering this basic question is frustratingly difficult. Premiums will vary based on your age and the size of your family. Premiums will also vary from place to place. And then subsidy levels will vary based on your income, the size of your family, and the local premiums. With all those variables in place, it's impossible to give a quick summary answer to the question "what will it cost." Instead you need to go step-by-step through each state and run a series of calculations. That's what Kaiser did, creating the highest-quality survey we've seen yet. Unfortunately, there are still tons of places where premium data isn't available so these preliminary conclusions might end up being off-base. But the news from what we do know is good.

Here's their bottom line:

While premiums will vary significantly across the country, they are generally lower than expected. For example, we estimate that the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally.

Fifteen of the eighteen rating areas we examined have premiums below this level, suggesting that the cost of coverage for consumers and the federal budgetary cost for tax credits will be lower than anticipated.​
*snip*

Fuck your study! My insurance rate & doctors office visit rates doubled over the past 18 months. You can shove your propaganda!

:lol: "the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally." :lol:

I was paying $70 a month until Obamacare came along. Now they want me to pay $145 a month. I paid $40 cash out of pocket for my 3 of my doctors 2 years ago, now they are $88 up to $126.

Last edited:
Fuck your study! My insurance rate & doctors office visit rates doubled over the past 18 months. You can shove your propaganda!

:lol: "the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally." :lol:

I was paying $70 a month until Obamacare came along. Now they want me to pay $145 a month. I paid $40 cash out of pocket for my 3 of my doctors 2 years ago, now they are $88 up to $126.

And, mine has gone down.

How come the cost for rw's goes up but the cost for ObamaCare supporters goes down?

Seriously, you're either making it up or you need to talk to your ins company because they're breaking the law.

How likely do you think it is that they're breaking the law?

And, mine has gone down.

How come the cost for rw's goes up but the cost for ObamaCare supporters goes down?

Seriously, you're either making it up or you need to talk to your ins company because they're breaking the law.

So you unhealthy get a brake & us healthy people get screwed & have to pay your way now. Fuck That Shit. I did not cause your rate to be high, you & your insurer did that. The rate doubled for my wife & I & all self employed members of my family.

oooooooooooooooooooooo, another study another day...I just hope us taxpayers aren't funding this crap for it to be turned and used AGAINST US..

But does the left care, hell know...they take anything they can use, no thinking required

I was going through my parents files last year. In the late 1970's & early 1980's they had no insurance like most people in our town. A doctors visit complete with medicine was $2. Then the government decided to make things better by passing the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA). Now people can't afford to go to the doctor & have to file for bankruptcy if they do even if they have insurance. Thank you government, American Medical Association (AMA) & insurance companies.

I was told it wouldn't affect me at all....But my costs have certainly gone up......

Now I wonder, how can one study something and the results of something when the administration keeps moving the goal posts? Those goal posts that they even know they have.....

I was told it wouldn't affect me at all....But my costs have certainly gone up......

Now I wonder, how can one study something and the results of something when the administration keeps moving the goal posts? Those goal posts that they even know they have.....

lol, now you'll burst some bubbles with that question..they don't think of those things

lol, now you'll burst some bubbles with that question..they don't think of those things

Naw, I'll just get some twisted newspeak......

And, mine has gone down.

So you unhealthy get a brake & us healthy people get screwed & have to pay your way now. Fuck That Shit. I did not cause your rate to be high, you & your insurer did that. The rate doubled for my wife & I & all self employed members of my family.

This is based on facts not in evidence. I'm healthy and have been self employed FOR-EVER. My rates went down almost by half and I've had two rebates.

Talk to your insurer.

I was going through my parents files last year. In the late 1970's & early 1980's they had no insurance like most people in our town. A doctors visit complete with medicine was $2. Then the government decided to make things better by passing the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA). Now people can't afford to go to the doctor & have to file for bankruptcy if they do even if they have insurance. Thank you government, American Medical Association (AMA) & insurance companies.

Its not the 70s anymore. And, EMTALA was Reagan's pet cause.

If your costs at VA have gone up, you need to blame the Rs. They're the ones who want vouchers for VA and screw over vets.

And, mine has gone down.

Yeah - My cost went down to. Since our rates doubled the wife & I & my 2 brothers all quit paying our insurance 4 months ago. None of us have made a claim in over 10 years anyhow. We are going to suck the government tit if we get sick now. Let's see how long your rates stay low.

oooooooooooooooooooooo, another study another day...I just hope us taxpayers aren't funding this crap for it to be turned and used AGAINST US..

But does the left care, hell know...they take anything they can use, no thinking required

You posted that you don't even know what your coverage is.

Come back when you get a friggin clue.

Suck it, wingnuts! :lol:

The Biggest Study Yet of Obamacare Premiums Indicates Insurance Will Be Cheaper Than Expected

Here's some good news for Americans who are currently uninsured, who currently buy insurance on the individual marketplace, or who think it's possible that at some point over the course of their life they might have to or want to switch jobs—the premiums charged for insurance plans on the Affordable Care Act exchanges will likely be cheaper than forecast by the Congressional Budget Office.

Since the level of subsidies available to families of modest means is keyed in part to the price of insurance premiums, this is also good news for anyone who pays taxes or uses non–health care public services.

The news comes to us from the Kaiser Family Foundation which recently completed the most comprehensive survey yet of what Obamacare plans will actually cost. Answering this basic question is frustratingly difficult. Premiums will vary based on your age and the size of your family. Premiums will also vary from place to place. And then subsidy levels will vary based on your income, the size of your family, and the local premiums. With all those variables in place, it's impossible to give a quick summary answer to the question "what will it cost." Instead you need to go step-by-step through each state and run a series of calculations. That's what Kaiser did, creating the highest-quality survey we've seen yet. Unfortunately, there are still tons of places where premium data isn't available so these preliminary conclusions might end up being off-base. But the news from what we do know is good.

Here's their bottom line:

While premiums will vary significantly across the country, they are generally lower than expected. For example, we estimate that the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally.

Fifteen of the eighteen rating areas we examined have premiums below this level, suggesting that the cost of coverage for consumers and the federal budgetary cost for tax credits will be lower than anticipated.​
*snip*

No it doesn't, but your sycophant status is still intact.

This is based on facts not in evidence. I'm healthy and have been self employed FOR-EVER. My rates went down almost by half and I've had two rebates.

Talk to your insurer.

You should have talked to your insurance company if your rate was that high. We got one of those $20 annual rebates to make us believe we were paying less a few months before our rates doubled. I have talked to 10 different insurers this year & they could not touch my rates. The government exchange is $350 a month each person. So we all dropped our insurance. I refuse to be extorted.

If your costs at VA have gone up, you need to blame the Rs. They're the ones who want vouchers for VA and screw over vets.

I don't use VA thank you.....

and I read today that obamacare is 10x more expensive than romneycare
blah blah blah. we see how this shit is going so far.. well the ones with their eyes open..

Forum List

Back