The Biggest Study Yet of Obamacare Indicates Insurance Will Be Cheaper Than Expected

I was told it wouldn't affect me at all....But my costs have certainly gone up......

Now I wonder, how can one study something and the results of something when the administration keeps moving the goal posts? Those goal posts that they even know they have.....

If your costs at VA have gone up, you need to blame the Rs. They're the ones who want vouchers for VA and screw over vets.
Republicans are ready to fuck over veterans the first chance they get.

Unfortunately, military types eat up all that Republican flag waving and empty rhetoric.

oooooooooooooooooooooo, another study another day...I just hope us taxpayers aren't funding this crap for it to be turned and used AGAINST US..

But does the left care, hell know...they take anything they can use, no thinking required

You posted that you don't even know what your coverage is.

Come back when you get a friggin clue.

I guess we won't see her any more.

oooooooooooooooooooooo, another study another day...I just hope us taxpayers aren't funding this crap for it to be turned and used AGAINST US..

But does the left care, hell know...they take anything they can use, no thinking required

You posted that you don't even know what your coverage is.

Come back when you get a friggin clue.

I guess we won't see her any more.

Dang it!

You made coffee go up my nose!

the sick thing with these people who are all for ObamaTaxNoCare...is they don't have a problem living off the backs of others, and now that will include our YOUNG who are just getting started in life and will hardly be able to afford it....

.but here they are, posting thread after thread cheering it and Obama and the Democrat party are crowing how wonderful it will be..

shameful in my eyes

Last edited:
It's clear your "synth" has gone to your occipital lobe if you believe this huge pile of male bovine excrement! :eusa_whistle:

The big buisness nanny staters will never admit the truth.

Like it or not, the lazy rw's are going to have to pay for their own health care insurance. No more depending on the responsible ones to pay their bills for them any more.

And, screw the big insurance and pharma companies. Its time they used our money for what we pay for - health care and medicine.

Like it or not, the lazy rw's are going to have to pay for their own health care insurance. No more depending on the responsible ones to pay their bills for them any more.

And, screw the big insurance and pharma companies. Its time they used our money for what we pay for - health care and medicine.

Is it opposite day today or something and I wasn't informed. It isn't conservatives barking that someone else should pay for their healthcare.

If you step back and look at the big picture it's pretty easy to see what a debacle Obamacare is and will be. First to your 'screw the insurance companies'? Pretty sure that's not what the insurance companies think of Obamacare. It's a gift to them. They got a liberal President to make people buy their product. As a business owner I would love that deal.

As to premium prices in some places they're going down, in some they're going up. For some people they're going down and for some their going up. Here is where the real problem with Obamacare lies; The entire solution was centered around third party insurance. I guess the idea being 'let's get everybody covered so they don't have to worry about medical expenses'. The problem with the insurance based solution is with health care we don't treat the insurance like we do other types of insurance. The system is entirely backwards. The idea is you pool money together to cover catastrophic occurences should they happen and those of higher risk of said occurence pay more. That's how it works with every other type of insurance. If you have record of bad drivng, your insurance will cost more than a safer driver. If your house is in a flood plane, your homeowner's insurance is going to be more than someone who doesn't live in one. But Obama, in his infinite wisdom, has mandated that an insurance company can not charge people of higher risk more than those of lower risk (the pre-existing condition mandate). This is where things got turned upside down and became really unfair. I don't know what Obama though would happen with this mandate, but the choices were reduce premium rates to that of young healthy people for everyone or increase rates for everyone to that of older higher risk people. Guess what the insurance companies did? They raised rates on the young and healthy. That's exactly the opposite of how insurance is supposed to work. On top of that the government stucks it's nose into it even more and mandated that all insurance providers must cover certain things. Not sure what school of economics Obama went to, but generally when you add value to something the cost of that something does NOT go down.

Now we're seeing the industry start to react to this. Obamacare has also created tons of new red tape to deal with for providers. Their reimbursement rates are shrinking as well and they've figured out that the government can tell people they have to have insurance. but that doesn't mean the providers have to accept them as patients. And now you're seeing a lot providers simply not accepting patients with certain types of insurance. In my state new cash only clinics are springing up because they don't want to deal with insurance at all. And yes, they are making money. That's really the way it should be.

This is the fundamental problem with liberals. Well intentioned, but terrible problem solvers. If we used an insurance model the way it's actually supposed to be used you would see the cost of premiums and health care in general fall. Part of this issue started decades ago during WWII when the government put a freeze on wages during the war. So employers said since I can't give you a raise I'll pay for your insurance. This removed people from the process of actually shopping for coverage on their own. If people purchased insurance on their own and could purchase only the coverage they wanted as opposed to what the government says they have to buy, you would see premium prices fall. If people started paying cash for some medical services you would see the cost of services fall. No one conceives of asking their auto insurer to cover oil changes or gas, so why not people start paying out of pcoket for their health maintenance like physicals and preventitive care. Insurance is meant to cover catastrophic events. Not be used for everything.

Last edited:

Lol, how many millions of people are going to get a subsidy check so they can "buy their own" insurance.....

10 to 20 times more than couldn't or wouldn't buy insurance before?

This will not be cheap

You really can't make this stuff up

Lol, how many millions of people are going to get a subsidy check so they can "buy their own" insurance.....

10 to 20 times more than couldn't or wouldn't buy insurance before?

This will not be cheap

You really can't make this stuff up

It's very misleading by the left to claim insurance premiums will drop when a big part of that is subsidies. The cost of the premium isn't going down. Someone else (John Q. Taxpayer) is simply paying the difference.

Last edited:
My premiums and deductibles went up and coverage went down.

Where's my $2,500 saving Obama promised?

I, too, am very disappointed with lack of response.

This is not an R or D issue, it is a PEOPLE issue.

I would so much like to jump on the moderate, 'forget politics, let's just get this done' bandwagon, but I can't. The problem of rising health care costs and how Obama is attempting to solve that problem is such an excellent example of the fundamental differences between liberals and conservatives that it really is about 'R' and 'D'. The only commonality between the parties and really all of us is we really do all want the same thing; less expensive health care. The problem is the solutions put in place by the left have absolutely no means of actually accomplishing that.

Fuck your study! My insurance rate & doctors office visit rates doubled over the past 18 months. You can shove your propaganda!

:lol: "the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally." :lol:

I was paying $70 a month until Obamacare came along. Now they want me to pay $145 a month. I paid $40 cash out of pocket for my 3 of my doctors 2 years ago, now they are $88 up to $126.
I know it make seem unbelievable to you but there are factors that determine your insurance rates other than Obamacare. If you have group insurance, the Obamacare insurance requirements don't go into effect for another year. If you have individual insurance, they go into effect Jan 1.

I, too, am very disappointed with lack of response.

This is not an R or D issue, it is a PEOPLE issue.

I would so much like to jump on the moderate, 'forget politics, let's just get this done' bandwagon, but I can't. The problem of rising health care costs and how Obama is attempting to solve that problem is such an excellent example of the fundamental differences between liberals and conservatives that it really is about 'R' and 'D'. The only commonality between the parties and really all of us is we really do all want the same thing; less expensive health care. The problem is the solutions put in place by the left have absolutely no means of actually accomplishing that.
The rate of rise in healthcare cost is down. U.S. consumers' health-care costs fell in May for the first time in almost four decades.

To my knowledge there is no Conservative plan except to turn clock back to 2008. Since Obamacare is very likely to be here till at least 2017, any new healthcare plan would have to transitionary plan.

Forum List

Back