The Biggest Study Yet of Obamacare Indicates Insurance Will Be Cheaper Than Expected

Now I wonder, how can one study something and the results of something when the administration keeps moving the goal posts? Those goal posts that they even know they have.....

Still waiting............

If your costs at VA have gone up, you need to blame the Rs. They're the ones who want vouchers for VA and screw over vets.

The VA is shitty healthcare. They nearly killed my friends & family who used them. They won't go back there ever again.

We have an excellent VA clinic I actually do some volunteer work there... But I have other health care....

Fuck your study! My insurance rate & doctors office visit rates doubled over the past 18 months. You can shove your propaganda!

:lol: "the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally." :lol:

I was paying $70 a month until Obamacare came along. Now they want me to pay $145 a month. I paid $40 cash out of pocket for my 3 of my doctors 2 years ago, now they are $88 up to $126.

Maybe you ought to try to join a union?

And, mine has gone down.

How come the cost for rw's goes up but the cost for ObamaCare supporters goes down?

Yeah - My cost went down to. Since our rates doubled the wife & I & my 2 brothers all quit paying our insurance 4 months ago. None of us have made a claim in over 10 years anyhow. We are going to suck the government tit if we get sick now. Let's see how long your rates stay low.

Y'all on welfare too?

If your costs at VA have gone up, you need to blame the Rs. They're the ones who want vouchers for VA and screw over vets.

The VA is shitty healthcare. They nearly killed my friends & family who used them. They won't go back there ever again.

Blame that on Reagan. Under his leadership vets needed to PROVE their ailments were directly related to service. Ronnie was an enemy of combat vets (ever hear of Agent Orange?].

And, mine has gone down.

How come the cost for rw's goes up but the cost for ObamaCare supporters goes down?

Seriously, you're either making it up or you need to talk to your ins company because they're breaking the law.

How likely do you think it is that they're breaking the law?

So you unhealthy get a brake & us healthy people get screwed & have to pay your way now. Fuck That Shit. I did not cause your rate to be high, you & your insurer did that. The rate doubled for my wife & I & all self employed members of my family.

This is based on facts not in evidence. I'm healthy and have been self employed FOR-EVER. My rates went down almost by half and I've had two rebates.

Talk to your insurer.

I was going through my parents files last year. In the late 1970's & early 1980's they had no insurance like most people in our town. A doctors visit complete with medicine was $2. Then the government decided to make things better by passing the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA). Now people can't afford to go to the doctor & have to file for bankruptcy if they do even if they have insurance. Thank you government, American Medical Association (AMA) & insurance companies.

Its not the 70s anymore. And, EMTALA was Reagan's pet cause.

Your full of shit.,state exchange rates haven't even been reviled yet.

You think anyone believes you when you say your rates have been cut in half?? And I don't believe you for one second your self employed.

Suck it, wingnuts! :lol:

The Biggest Study Yet of Obamacare Premiums Indicates Insurance Will Be Cheaper Than Expected

Here's some good news for Americans who are currently uninsured, who currently buy insurance on the individual marketplace, or who think it's possible that at some point over the course of their life they might have to or want to switch jobs—the premiums charged for insurance plans on the Affordable Care Act exchanges will likely be cheaper than forecast by the Congressional Budget Office.

Since the level of subsidies available to families of modest means is keyed in part to the price of insurance premiums, this is also good news for anyone who pays taxes or uses non–health care public services.

The news comes to us from the Kaiser Family Foundation which recently completed the most comprehensive survey yet of what Obamacare plans will actually cost. Answering this basic question is frustratingly difficult. Premiums will vary based on your age and the size of your family. Premiums will also vary from place to place. And then subsidy levels will vary based on your income, the size of your family, and the local premiums. With all those variables in place, it's impossible to give a quick summary answer to the question "what will it cost." Instead you need to go step-by-step through each state and run a series of calculations. That's what Kaiser did, creating the highest-quality survey we've seen yet. Unfortunately, there are still tons of places where premium data isn't available so these preliminary conclusions might end up being off-base. But the news from what we do know is good.

Here's their bottom line:

While premiums will vary significantly across the country, they are generally lower than expected. For example, we estimate that the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally.

Fifteen of the eighteen rating areas we examined have premiums below this level, suggesting that the cost of coverage for consumers and the federal budgetary cost for tax credits will be lower than anticipated.​
*snip*

Here is a link to the Kaiser Foundation cost table

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

So you unhealthy get a brake & us healthy people get screwed & have to pay your way now. Fuck That Shit. I did not cause your rate to be high, you & your insurer did that. The rate doubled for my wife & I & all self employed members of my family.

This is based on facts not in evidence. I'm healthy and have been self employed FOR-EVER. My rates went down almost by half and I've had two rebates.

Talk to your insurer.

I was going through my parents files last year. In the late 1970's & early 1980's they had no insurance like most people in our town. A doctors visit complete with medicine was $2. Then the government decided to make things better by passing the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA). Now people can't afford to go to the doctor & have to file for bankruptcy if they do even if they have insurance. Thank you government, American Medical Association (AMA) & insurance companies.

You think anyone believes you when you say your rates have been cut in half?? And I don't believe you for one second your self employed.

LOL. Sounds like you are doing a pretty good job of reviling them.

Once again, they are available right here;

Now be a good little sheeple and ignore that.

The Biggest Study Yet of Obamacare Premiums Indicates Insurance Will Be Cheaper Than Expected

Here's some good news for Americans who are currently uninsured, who currently buy insurance on the individual marketplace, or who think it's possible that at some point over the course of their life they might have to or want to switch jobs—the premiums charged for insurance plans on the Affordable Care Act exchanges will likely be cheaper than forecast by the Congressional Budget Office.

Since the level of subsidies available to families of modest means is keyed in part to the price of insurance premiums, this is also good news for anyone who pays taxes or uses non–health care public services.

The news comes to us from the Kaiser Family Foundation which recently completed the most comprehensive survey yet of what Obamacare plans will actually cost. Answering this basic question is frustratingly difficult. Premiums will vary based on your age and the size of your family. Premiums will also vary from place to place. And then subsidy levels will vary based on your income, the size of your family, and the local premiums. With all those variables in place, it's impossible to give a quick summary answer to the question "what will it cost." Instead you need to go step-by-step through each state and run a series of calculations. That's what Kaiser did, creating the highest-quality survey we've seen yet. Unfortunately, there are still tons of places where premium data isn't available so these preliminary conclusions might end up being off-base. But the news from what we do know is good.

While premiums will vary significantly across the country, they are generally lower than expected. For example, we estimate that the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally.

Fifteen of the eighteen rating areas we examined have premiums below this level, suggesting that the cost of coverage for consumers and the federal budgetary cost for tax credits will be lower than anticipated.​
*snip*

Cheaper than expected? What was expected? You notice they don't tell you that. In my state, they still can't tell you what the rate will be.

We have an excellent VA clinic I actually do some volunteer work there... But I have other health care....

My father had a prostate operation in the VA hospital at Ft. McChord many years ago. They did an excellant job.

*snip*

Cheaper than expected? What was expected? You notice they don't tell you that. In my state, they still can't tell you what the rate will be.

LIve in a state ran by the GOP, correct? Here is Oregon, we seem to have the figures pretty well down already.

The news comes to us from the Kaiser Family Foundation which recently completed the most comprehensive survey yet of what Obamacare plans will actually cost.

I was told it wouldn't affect me at all....But my costs have certainly gone up......

Now I wonder, how can one study something and the results of something when the administration keeps moving the goal posts? Those goal posts that they even know they have.....

Yes...
Believe a comprehensive study by the Kaiser Foundation:
The Foundation was established in 1948 by Henry J. Kaiser. The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) was originally set up in Oakland, the same city that was the headquarters for Kaiser Permanente. Later KFF moved to its current location in Menlo Park, California about 50 miles away.
Kaiser Family Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.....founded in 1945 by industrialist Henry J. Kaiser and physician Sidney Garfield. Kaiser Permanente is made up of three distinct groups of entities: the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and its regional operating subsidiaries; Kaiser Foundation Hospitals; and the autonomous regional Permanente Medical Groups. As of 2006, Kaiser Permanente operates in nine states and the District of Columbia, and is the largest managed care organization in the United States
Kaiser Permanente - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone here think this "comprehensive study' was performed with out bias?

This is the information available to anyone.
People that work in the industry *cough* know better.

*snip*

LIve in a state ran by the GOP, correct? Here is Oregon, we seem to have the figures pretty well down already.

Nope, live in a liberal state. So what was cheaper than expected? What was expected? I do know that the federal deductible is higher than expected, maybe that is why premiums are cheaper than expected.

Last edited:

Talk to your insurer.

LOL. Sounds like you are doing a pretty good job of reviling them.

Once again, they are available right here;

Now be a good little sheeple and ignore that.

Hmmmmm ....

As I've said before, the Ds, progressives, liberals and others with open minds are already saving money.

The rw Obama haters are just losing money and coverage almost as fast as they can say the love $arah Palin's tits.

I suspect we'll see a lot more of this mysterious phenomenon. :lol:

Fuck your study! My insurance rate & doctors office visit rates doubled over the past 18 months. You can shove your propaganda!

:lol: "the latest projections from the Congressional Budget Office imply that the premium for a 40-year-old in the second lowest cost silver plan would average $320 per month nationally." :lol:

I was paying $70 a month until Obamacare came along. Now they want me to pay $145 a month. I paid $40 cash out of pocket for my 3 of my doctors 2 years ago, now they are $88 up to $126.

I don't know why - 'Retard' is a pre-existing condition.

Forum List

Back