The Bell Ringers

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Do you pass by the Salvation Army Bell Ringers, not even looking them in the eye?

Or do you give some change or a buck when you pass by?

I usually try to drop some change in the bucket whenever I pass. The Salvation Army does good work.

Do you pass by the Salvation Army Bell Ringers, not even looking them in the eye?

I give them coupons I click from the newspaper. The 50% off tampon coupon I gave then on Saturday really made them smile.

When I hear that bell, I usually cross the street so that I don't have to look at them.

I always look at them, though. They're hard to miss.

I love Salvation Army.

I have to say, I haven't seen loads of attractive ones. I know a fat lawyer who used to participate every year, but other than that they're primarily meth heads and drunks in recovery.

Still, I love Salvation Army. It's a worthy cause, they do much good for many.

I have to say, I haven't seen loads of attractive ones..

Erm.....yeah
091201_bell_ringer.jpg

and then there's Echo Zulu:razz:

Last edited:
If these people are raking in the $$ I might have to consider a heist.
What do you all think. Should I use the Nixon, Bush or Obama mask?

If these people are raking in the $$ I might have to consider a heist.
What do you all think. Should I use the Nixon, Bush or Obama mask?

No need to wear a mask. Just get yourself elected to public office and you can find a way to make that stash yours. :)

Since I rarely see them, I always try to give at least some change when I see them. They do excellent work.

i am a soft touch....and always owe sheliagain a lot of quarters for foul words....i also donate with food boxes at the grocery...food lion has 4.99 boxes and lowes foods has different amount bags...i keep forgetting yall dont have these chains nevermind

Two organizations i always give to when i see them collecting in public

The VFW collect around Memorial Day. I don't care how many i see, I put at least $5 in their collection and more if I have it.

I always give to the Salvation Army. At least a couple bucks to every one i see.

Always put something in the kettle. The mall usually has a S.A. Christmas tree so I buy a gift for a kid.
First Christmas after dad died we found a box load of toys on the porch- from the Salvation Army. That was our Christmas that year. I'll never forget it.

See, people who do give money usually don't see the FACES of those who are benefiting from the donations. If they could, I'm sure they would even give more. But, every little bit helps.

Thanks for sharing.

Forum List

Back