The "Answer Backs" come back twice against the Brewers, sweep the series.

1698205041898.jpeg

Don't worry. In Philly we call it choking. Other cities experience it also. We know chokes though. In baseball alone some I remember. 1964 collapse up 6 1/2 games with 12 remaining...losing ten in a row and ending up in third place, black friday against the Dodgers in 1977, 1993 Fregosi/Williams in the world series just a few.

I’ve never trusted Seawald. I dont see how he gets it done? Basically only 93mph and straight? Huh? Philly couldn’t hit it? What don’t I know? Be nice.
Seawald was six for six in the postseason when it came to saves, but he did allow base runners in some of those spots.

Eventually something had to give and it happened last night, unfortunately.

Most closers bring the high heat . I think of Mariano Rivera, Trevor Hoffman and Billy Wagner . But I remember the lefty John Franco for the Mets. I believe he was a closure, and he did not have a high velocity fb. He was a ground ball kind of guy.

The D-backs got hot entering the playoffs. Their momentum has carried them into the World Series.

Seawald was six for six in the postseason when it came to saves, but he did allow base runners in some of those spots.

Eventually something had to give and it happened last night, unfortunately.

Most closers bring the high heat . I think of Mariano Rivera, Trevor Hoffman and Billy Wagner . But I remember the lefty John Franco for the Mets. I believe he was a closure, and he did not have a high velocity fb. He was a ground ball kind of guy.

I believe Trevor Hoffman SD was known for his finesse and his changeup? Franco was a hard throwing Lefty I believe (like Wagner).

There are some 100mph+ closers who cant get it done. Young guy Hicks on STL…..now in TOR. Got to know how to pitch also to 100mph I suppose? Seawald has some of that….changing speeds. Ball spinning, looks lower than it is?

I believe Trevor Hoffman SD was known for his finesse and his changeup? Franco was a hard throwing Lefty I believe (like Wagner).

There are some 100mph+ closers who cant get it done. Young guy Hicks on STL…..now in TOR. Got to know how to pitch also to 100mph I suppose? Seawald has some of that….changing speeds. Ball spinning, looks lower than it is?
I think you’re right about Hoffman. I just use the numbers from the baseball game MLB the show. But they could be off …It showed that John Frankos top speed was about 89 miles an hour for a fastball. He had a good screwball.

But I do recall, Hoffman was more known for his finesse like you said.

If I remember the games of Seewald right , it seems like he had good movement on his fastball.

Id like to see how Chapman does… the hard throwing lefty was hitting 101 miles an hour This post season. He’s doing better with Texas then he did with a Yankees.

The D-backs got hot entering the playoffs. Their momentum has carried them into the World Series.

As we all know. It would have been a good start for AZ to steal that game 1, and almost stopping TX power.

I am questioning Garcia. When on STL he was thin and fast. I liked him a lot to get in the lineup. Never did get in much? But now he is bulked up like the incredible Hulk hitting HR to opposite field all arms? I won’t say juicer, but someone else could.

and it is another Wild Card WS. TX too. When TX was losing in AUG, they said Bochy was simply figuring out his Bullpen mess. Looks like he did.

and it is another Wild Card WS. TX too. When TX was losing in AUG, they said Bochy was simply figuring out his Bullpen mess. Looks like he did.
Also Walker of Arizona needs to be moved down the line up. He’s batting under the Mendoza line.

He’s been struggling since the Nlcs… bat him six or seventh is what they should do.

I’ve never trusted Seawald. I dont see how he gets it done? Basically only 93mph and straight? Huh? Philly couldn’t hit it? What don’t I know? Be nice.
He has a very odd arm slot which makes his pitches look higher than they are. If hitters got to see him 3-4 times in a game he probably wouldn’t be as effective, but as a closer…. He also throws a change up and a sweeper.

Forum List

Back