shocker,Kc Royals could be in the world series this year,here is why.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I myself have always loved the Royals and even in all the lean years for the past 25 years,I still went out to games every year to cheer them on.

the last 25 years though it was just to look at the ballpark-they got the coolest ballpark in all major leagues hands down.Because the team was so crappy you couldnt watch them and enjoy the games so I went out mostly to look at the water fountains in the outfield.:D

They are cool as hell to look at at nighttime.:rock: for all the people that have never been to a game there before,I feel sorry for you.You are missing a great experience.One you wont find at any other ballpark.

Even Sparky Anderson said that Royals stadium was his favorite ballpark in all the major leagues that he enjoyed visiting and remember,sparky managed in BOTH the NL and AL leagues.so thats saying a lot.:dance:

this is coming from a guy who is the most skeptical person about the Royals.This year people were asking me how come I did not follow the royals because they finally had a winning season last year for only the second time in 20 years and i replied saying-yeah but they got to have two winning seasons in a row to convince me that wasnt a fluke.that they are for real. well expect that to happen this year the way they are playing.

Not only that but expect them to be in the playoffs for the first time in 29 years.a drought longer than anybody in professional sports.thats why for so many years I have referred to them as the royal losers they have been such a joke.

But this Royals team is unlike any other Royals team that I have seen for the past 29 years.
For the first time in 25 years when i lost interest in them,this is the first time since then,that when i am driving around I'll say to myself-"I wonder how the royals are doing." and turn on the radio and listen to them.Its also the first time since then,that I have had the desire to turn on the tv and actually watch them play because they are a fun and exciting team to watch.

Not only are they going to the playoffs this year but they COULD actually go as far to the world series as well.Before you laugh which is the natural thing to do, consider these facts first why they have just as much of a shot to make it that far as anybody else does.

1.except for one starting player,they are all healthy.they are only a half game behind the detroit tigers in their division.I still cant believe I am saying that at this point of the year.while the detroit tigers have two of their starting pitchers on the disabled list.Thats not good to be facing at this point in the season.

2.they are the hottest team in baseball right now winning 7 straight games in a row and 14 out of their last 17 games as well.

3.they are beating good teams while winning as well.Not just the bad teams.This past week they went up to Oakland and beat the Oakland A's in their own ballpark in oakland beating them two out of three.that speaks volumns about their team because The A's have the best record in baseball.the A'S had their three best pitchers playing as well in their rotation and the royals beat two of them.

Not only that,but it was the first time since the beginning of may that the A'S had lost a series in Oakland so that REALLY says a lot about this team that they are for real.

They then went on the road to arizona and swept the diamondbacks there.Okay so they arent a good team.However they then followed that up by completing a three game sweep as well of the san francisco Giants this past weekend here in kansas city. a team that won the world series two years ago and beat THEIR top 3 best starters in their rotation as well-all star pitchers,one of them being Lincum yesterday.

4.they are playing with passion and fun.in one of their games in arizona,one of their players DOVE HEAD FIRST into first base to beat out a ground ball.that was against the D backs,a really bad team that a lot of teams would have a hard time getting up for because you tend to let up against the bad teams, but they are not doing that.

5.they dont have the most dangerous offense in the world or a high scoring offense by any means but that hasnt mattered because all they got to be is a decent hitting club which they have been lately.they are getting timely hits at the right time from all their players.they are a patient hitting ballclub.

6.Pitching and defense wins games for you.they have that.they have BOTH a dominating strong starting pitching staff AND a dominant bullpen that is pretty much unhittable. they have all the keys needed for a championship team.strong pitching and defense and an offense that gets timely hits at the right time.

7.finally the most important stat and themost important reason if they go to the playoffs they could go very deep as far as the world series.they have an amazing winning record going 49 and 1 when they have the lead going into the 7th inning this year and again thats because they have a shut down,lights out bullpen thats practically unhittable.

not saying they WILL go,but even the national media is saying they are the hotttest team in baseball now.going down the stretch,that will really help.Not saying they will go,but they have just as much a realistic shot as anybody I think its safe to say.:dance:

Last edited:
My picks remain the same. Oakland vs. Either LA or SF

My hopes are different. Milwaukee vs. KC would be a dream matchup, for fans of small market teams all over the country.

Shocker!: Two teams will be in the World Series!

Could be any of them.

news Flash!!!!,it CANT be any of them since many have losing records and they are long out of it and have been ever since june.:lol::lol: only 5 teams from each league can be in the playoffs so it cant be ANY of them.:lol::lol:

also,the royals are the ONLY team in the hunt for a playoff spot which IS a shocker in the fact all the others have been successful in recent years..

Lets look at all the teams in the hunt.1.Detroit.werent they in the playoffs last year and failed to get to the world series only because they lost to the red sox who went on to win the world series, and werent they just in the world series a couple years ago or so?:D

why would that be shocking?

2.Baltimore. havent they had the lead for a good majority of the season?:D

why would that be shocking?

3.New york.goes without saying.do we REALLY need to talk about what a winner they always are?:lol:

seriously,do I have to ask?lol

4.Toronto.havent they been having winning seasons the last couple years or so?

why would THAT be shocking?

5.Oakland.werent they in the playoffs last year and dont they have the best record in baseball?
seriously,do i have to ask again? lol

6.LA angels. didnt they win the world series like ten years ago? why would it be shocking they would be back again and turn things around after a few off years? lol

7.Milwaukee. werent they in the playoffs a few years ago? lol

why would that be shocking? lol

8.Pittsburgh.werent they in the playoffs last year? lol.
why would that be shocking? lol. LAST year yeah because they have been an even worse losing organization than the royals the past 20 years but were talking THIS year,not last year.lol

9.atlanta.dont they usually have winning seasons? lol why would that be shocking? lol

10.LA Dodgers.werent they in the playoffs a few years ago? lol.why would THAT be shocking? lol

11.SF GIANTS.didnt they win the world series two years ago? lol.why would THAT be shocking.lol

12.washington.havent they had two winng seaons the last two years and have the best record with 98 wins in 2012? why would THAT be shocking? lol

see with any of these other teams,it wouldnt be a shocker,they have ALL been successful in recent years.they havent been the joke of baseball the past 20 years other the pirates who unlike the royals,amde it to the playoffs last year and are going to have another winning season again so they have finally turned the corner as well.thats why I made a thread about them last year congratulating the royals and pirates because they have been a joke the past 20 years until starting last year.:cuckoo:

Nobody in the country other than the royals players themselves,thought they had a prayer of being in the playoffs this year.Most royal fans would have just been happy and settled for them merely having another winning season after having 19 losing seasons in 20 years.

Nobody except maybe diehard royal fans,ever dreamed they would be in first place over the mighty tigers this late in the year. you would understand that had you read the entire OP instead of just the thread title:cuckoo:

I really hate it when people only read the thread title instead of the entire OP.:rolleyes:

had you read the OP,you would understand WHY the royals making it the playoffs IS a major shocker.that they hadnt been there in 29 years which is a drought longer than ANY team in professional sports. so with THEM,its a miracle to be saying they could be in the world series this year,with the other teams,it wouldnt be a shocker.

they havent been so bad for so long like the royals have. again the team that comes the closest to them is the pirates having had 20 stright losing seasons longer than the royals but they made the playoffs last year so coming into the season,it would not have been a shocker for them to get to the world series.for the royals it is since they missed it last year.

Last edited:
i will be posting at least every other day on this thread the rest of the year if not everday the progress of the team since this is the first time in 25 years,that I have had anything exciting to talk about when it comes to the royals.

The royals have continued their winning streak with 8 straight wins now with another being against the oakland A's in kansas city last night.they have NOW beat them 3 out of 4 times recently.

Again this is significant because the A'S have the best record in baseball.

they were tied going into the 7th inning and when they broke the tie in the bottom of the 7th,the player that got the hit,he really started showing his excitement over the hit which for his is very unusual because he is normally very reserved and never shows emotion. the reason he showed some excitement when he got the hit in the bottom of the 7th,

as i mentioned before,the royals bullpen is so unhittable that once you get to the 7th inning with THE LEAD,its aalmost always game over for the other team.the royals know 99% of the time they are going to win when they have that lead going into the 7th inning.

Things REALLY look great for the royals to make it to the playoffs this year-again it would be the first time in 29 years,longer than any sports team in professional sports,it is really looking good for them because they have been playing well lately where the tigers have not.they have gone cold.

playing 19 innings the other night against the blue jays losing no less, took a toll on them and it showed the next day when they traveled to play the pirates.

Plus the tigers already having recently put two of their starting pitchers on the disabled list now,they had to add another one last night after verlander had to leave the game after just the first inning due to muscle soreness in his right shoulder. if things werent ALREADY bad enough for the tigers.:D:lol::lol:

Everthings coming up roses for the royal blue.:clap::clap::dance:

Last edited:
the royals lost last night but thats okay,we all know they arent going to win every game the rest of the year.this was no big deal.i expected them to lose this one because they have NEVER hit lester well and have a very bad won loss record against him. they got the lead now though 2-0 so if they can go on to win 3 out of 4 from them,that will REALLY make a statement.

No fucking way!

It'll be either the A's or the Angels, losing to the Dodgers.

thats fine with me.i dont care.if you had suffered as long as I have as a royal fan,you would know WHY i will be just as happy about them making it to the playoffs this year. something i never imagined possible before this season.

I would have been happy enough with them just proving last year wasnt a fluke and having another winning season which they obviously are going to have especially since they are hot and detroit is cold and hurting with starting pitching.:D

I was only hoping for them to have another winning season this year before it began since they have been Royal losers for so long,just getting into the playoffs is more than I EVER dreamed or hoped for so that will just be a bonus for me seeing them go THAT far.:dance:

oh you better hope they dont face those teams in california in the playoffs and go into the 7th inning with the lead,because once they have that lead,its game over,they have a lights out shut down dominating bullpen so if i were you,i would pray that in most the games they face other in the playoffs,they dont have that lead going into the 7th inning having already proven they can beat the A'S in a series up there in Oakland which I never thought possible.lol

again the A'S ,the team with the best record in baseball,hadnt lost a season series there in oakland since early may. so they got the talent to do it.

Last edited:
No fucking way!

It'll be either the A's or the Angels, losing to the Dodgers.

again i wouldnt be so confidant and sure about this if i were you.matter of fact i would be worried if i were you because as i said before,the royals have not only beat the A'S two out of 3 in oakland,but they already have at least split the series with them here in kansas city beating them last night.

Ned yost the manager of this team,he is so confidant about the royals,that he said before the series began,that he guaranteed at least a split in the series and they got that last night.and guess what? if they win tonight,they will have beat them 3 out of 4 in kansas city after beating them 2 out of three in oakland and again,remember this is the team with the best record in baseball we are talking about.

matter of fact I am so confidant about what a good team this is,how they are capable of beating ANYBODY in the playoffs.that I am going to impersonate ned yost and "I" am going to GUARANTEE they win tonight as well beating them 3 out of 4.they will win tonight because the A'S will be playing their 4th man in the rotation where the royals will have their ace shields,their clubhouse leader,on the mound tonight.

also,the royals are the hottest team in baseball right now.since the all star break,they have won more games than anybody and last i checked,thats a VERY good recipe to have heading into the playoffs is to be winning games.

oh and i think this is going to change your mind when you hear this. YOU may not be worried about the royals but the A'S ARE!!! they dont want to face this team again in the playoffs i guarantee you and thats because the radio announcer of the royals interviewed some of the players of the a's before the game and asked them what they thought of the royals pitching staff.

they said they are very impressed with them ESPECIALLY with their bullpen and when he asked them what the meant by that about that on the bullpen,they said they are nothing like anything they have ever seen before.

I would say thats a team that dreads facing that bullpen of the royals. i dont know what does short of coming out saying it in those words.lol.

Last edited:
My picks remain the same. Oakland vs. Either LA or SF

My hopes are different. Milwaukee vs. KC would be a dream matchup, for fans of small market teams all over the country.

thankfully,it would be LA vs oakland because SF is reeling where the dodgers arent.and what would be wrong with oakland in the series out of curiousity? they are small market as well.

thats why i would LOVE to see kc and the pirates in the series because they are both small market teams that have both been such miserable sufferering franchises for the past 20 years as well.the pirates lost their leader mccuthchen though so i think this year is out for them. they are STILL learning how to be a winning team as well so even if he wasnt hurt,I dont think they would go very far in the playoffs.

Last edited:
the royals have continued their winning ways sweeping the twins in four straight games in minnesota recently.the media here in kc was already aware of how good they are and NOW the national media is taking notice of them now as well.

the front page of the sports section in USA TODAY had an article on them as well as being featured on the front page of sports illustrated.

In last nights game against the rockies they were saying that they have been successful because of how they wisely approach their opponents.they dont have the thinking that this homestand is a key homestand or this is a key road series,their thinking is EVERY homestand is a key homestand for them and every road trip is a key road trip for them.

so when they play teams like oakland they dont go into it thinking because they have the best record in baseball they will double their effort or because the twins have a bad record,they will relax a little,they approach EVERY game the same way treating an apponent like the twins no different than they do a team like the a's going all out trying to win every game.

juu2qw.jpg

Attachments

• SI%20Butler.jpg
    SI%20Butler.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 153
people who STILL think thereis no way this team will make it to the world series just knows nothing at all about this team.On the radio tonight they said they have a major league best 22 and 5 since the all star break with a 710 winning percentage both best in all of baseball!!!!! they are the hottest team in all of baseball people. to say there is no way they will make the world seies ist being ignorant.

their just one game away from making it there just like i said was a strong possiblity back in the middle of august.

I tried to tell everybody back then this was a dangerous team to be reckoned with and would be hard to beat if they got into the playoffs for the reasons stated in the OP.nobody bothered to listen or read the OP though to consider those facts.:cuckoo:

what i cant stop laughing about is it looks like I am going to be prophet soon because about 10 years ago i told chiefs fans here in kansas city they would be dead before their football team-the kansas city clowns ever made it to the superbowl.that the royals who were a god awful team back then,would make it to the world series before the chiefs ever made it to the superbowl.Little did I know back then I would turn out to be a prophet.:lmao:

their just one game away from making it there just like i said was a strong possiblity back in the middle of august.

I tried to tell everybody back then this was a dangerous team to be reckoned with and would be hard to beat if they got into the playoffs for the reasons stated in the OP.nobody bothered to listen or read the OP though to consider those facts.:cuckoo:

what i cant stop laughing about is it looks like I am going to be prophet soon because about 10 years ago i told chiefs fans here in kansas city they would be dead before their football team-the kansas city clowns ever made it to the superbowl.that the royals who were a god awful team back then,would make it to the world series before the chiefs ever made it to the superbowl.Little did I know back then I would turn out to be a prophet.:lmao:

Funny how when you have a thread you make a rare right prediction in you will keep it going. On a thread you are dead wrong about, you cry how everyone is trolling. LOL! HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!

Want to dish it but the little guy is a poor loser and can't take any punishment. :ahole-1:

I myself have always loved the Royals and even in all the lean years for the past 25 years,I still went out to games every year to cheer them on.

the last 25 years though it was just to look at the ballpark-they got the coolest ballpark in all major leagues hands down.Because the team was so crappy you couldnt watch them and enjoy the games so I went out mostly to look at the water fountains in the outfield.:D

They are cool as hell to look at at nighttime.:rock: for all the people that have never been to a game there before,I feel sorry for you.You are missing a great experience.One you wont find at any other ballpark.

Even Sparky Anderson said that Royals stadium was his favorite ballpark in all the major leagues that he enjoyed visiting and remember,sparky managed in BOTH the NL and AL leagues.so thats saying a lot.:dance:

this is coming from a guy who is the most skeptical person about the Royals.This year people were asking me how come I did not follow the royals because they finally had a winning season last year for only the second time in 20 years and i replied saying-yeah but they got to have two winning seasons in a row to convince me that wasnt a fluke.that they are for real. well expect that to happen this year the way they are playing.

Not only that but expect them to be in the playoffs for the first time in 29 years.a drought longer than anybody in professional sports.thats why for so many years I have referred to them as the royal losers they have been such a joke.

But this Royals team is unlike any other Royals team that I have seen for the past 29 years.
For the first time in 25 years when i lost interest in them,this is the first time since then,that when i am driving around I'll say to myself-"I wonder how the royals are doing." and turn on the radio and listen to them.Its also the first time since then,that I have had the desire to turn on the tv and actually watch them play because they are a fun and exciting team to watch.

Not only are they going to the playoffs this year but they COULD actually go as far to the world series as well.Before you laugh which is the natural thing to do, consider these facts first why they have just as much of a shot to make it that far as anybody else does.

1.except for one starting player,they are all healthy.they are only a half game behind the detroit tigers in their division.I still cant believe I am saying that at this point of the year.while the detroit tigers have two of their starting pitchers on the disabled list.Thats not good to be facing at this point in the season.

2.they are the hottest team in baseball right now winning 7 straight games in a row and 14 out of their last 17 games as well.

3.they are beating good teams while winning as well.Not just the bad teams.This past week they went up to Oakland and beat the Oakland A's in their own ballpark in oakland beating them two out of three.that speaks volumns about their team because The A's have the best record in baseball.the A'S had their three best pitchers playing as well in their rotation and the royals beat two of them.

Not only that,but it was the first time since the beginning of may that the A'S had lost a series in Oakland so that REALLY says a lot about this team that they are for real.

They then went on the road to arizona and swept the diamondbacks there.Okay so they arent a good team.However they then followed that up by completing a three game sweep as well of the san francisco Giants this past weekend here in kansas city. a team that won the world series two years ago and beat THEIR top 3 best starters in their rotation as well-all star pitchers,one of them being Lincum yesterday.

4.they are playing with passion and fun.in one of their games in arizona,one of their players DOVE HEAD FIRST into first base to beat out a ground ball.that was against the D backs,a really bad team that a lot of teams would have a hard time getting up for because you tend to let up against the bad teams, but they are not doing that.

5.they dont have the most dangerous offense in the world or a high scoring offense by any means but that hasnt mattered because all they got to be is a decent hitting club which they have been lately.they are getting timely hits at the right time from all their players.they are a patient hitting ballclub.

6.Pitching and defense wins games for you.they have that.they have BOTH a dominating strong starting pitching staff AND a dominant bullpen that is pretty much unhittable. they have all the keys needed for a championship team.strong pitching and defense and an offense that gets timely hits at the right time.

7.finally the most important stat and themost important reason if they go to the playoffs they could go very deep as far as the world series.they have an amazing winning record going 49 and 1 when they have the lead going into the 7th inning this year and again thats because they have a shut down,lights out bullpen thats practically unhittable.

not saying they WILL go,but even the national media is saying they are the hotttest team in baseball now.going down the stretch,that will really help.Not saying they will go,but they have just as much a realistic shot as anybody I think its safe to say.:dance:

Gotta give you props on calling it.

Cinderella story here in ............
as a Twins fan I understand, hope you win.

yeah I really hope they win especially since the giants and cardinals won it recently.I would like to see your twins get back to the world series sometime soon as well.they have suffered almost as long as my royals have.

theirs hasnt been as bad since they at least were always finishing first in the division for many years making it to the playoffs but still,its been too long since they made it back to the series as well.

I've always liked the twins because of rod carew.

Forum List

Back