The "Answer Backs" come back twice against the Brewers, sweep the series.

If AZ does not get Walker going? He would have certainly helped last night.

How they got this far w/o him hitting is almost a miracle. He is a “30-100” guy 3 yrs running.

Wild Card teams are rewarded by MLB even though they do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

WC teams make moves at the trade deadline. STL once won 20 in a row to sneak into the playoff slot. Things change. Its a long year. Injuries, SEPT callups.

Maybe they should make all rounds best of 7 after the WC Round? That way maybe two (or three) hot pitchers can’t carry you thru? TX added Scherzer at the deadline? If he was “on” that could have swung all series. You don’t mind that sort of change? Why does WC getting hot late bother anyone? HOU added Verlander (several times lol!). That changed things. Much different than winning 20 games in April.

Last edited:

How they got this far w/o him hitting is almost a miracle. He is a “30-100” guy 3 yrs running.
It is ….marte and carol accounted for four of Arizona’s five RBIs yesterday.

Walker is batting fourth again tonight. While his on base percentage is higher than it was in the regular season…. He’s an RBI guy and he’s been struggling since the NLCS.

I can’t be upset with Arizona’s manager though. The guy got them here. So maybe Walker takes off tonight…

Pham was demoted to the fifth spot in the batting order for Moreno ….

Louville should consider swapping Pham with Walker at least.

As we all know. It would have been a good start for AZ to steal that game 1, and almost stopping TX power.

I am questioning Garcia. When on STL he was thin and fast. I liked him a lot to get in the lineup. Never did get in much? But now he is bulked up like the incredible Hulk hitting HR to opposite field all arms? I won’t say juicer, but someone else could.

1698538879277.jpeg

I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but Could b possible….

Pham is 3-3…Walker is 0-3 although he had one very well hit ball

Walkers defense is tremendous. But still it’s an offensive game and when it comes to the batting order, Arizona needs to swap walker with Pham

Kelley is pitching a gem for Arizona. If his pitch count doesn’t reach over 110 he should go the whole game.

It is ….marte and carol accounted for four of Arizona’s five RBIs yesterday.

Walker is batting fourth again tonight. While his on base percentage is higher than it was in the regular season…. He’s an RBI guy and he’s been struggling since the NLCS.

I can’t be upset with Arizona’s manager though. The guy got them here. So maybe Walker takes off tonight…

Pham was demoted to the fifth spot in the batting order for Moreno ….

Louville should consider swapping Pham with Walker at least.

He hit the ball hard three times tonight, I missed the first one to SS. But, that is a sign of recovery in the works. He might get a few hits-RBI before this series ends.

Hard hit outs used to feel like a hit on all the teams I played on.

He hit the ball hard three times tonight, I missed the first one to SS. But, that is a sign of recovery in the works. He might get a few hits-RBI before this series ends.

Hard hit outs used to feel like a hit on all the teams I played on.
I didn’t see the 2nd one but walkers most recent ground out was a ground ball up the middle to the pitcher that would’ve been caught by the shortstop anyways. It was kind of hard hit but just the wrong spot.

Pham is 4-4 tonight and he had a home run last night. Even though Walker is a great talent, they ought at least swap Pham for walker. Walker would still be batting fifth.

Your call to flip flop Pham-Walker did not go un-noticed. Now PHam is only 4-4. Lol. Walker is below 0.2 for Postseasom.

good idea, do MGRs have the guts to make big changes in the last series of the year?

Your call to flip flop Pham-Walker did not go un-noticed. Now PHam is only 4-4. Lol. Walker is below 0.2 for Postseasom.

good idea, do MGRs have the guts to make big changes in the last series of the year?
I think walkers now batting around .150 for the postseason

Louville did make a big change during the playoffs. He swapped Moreno with Pham which I liked. Moreno has a lot of clutch hits so far this postseason. And now the question is will louville swap Pham for walker and put Pham in the 4 hole.

Marcus Semien for the Rangers is also batting under .200 this post season and he is still in the lead off spot so that’s quite interesting.

Bring Longoria up there to #5 and Walker down there too.
I could see that. Longoria at the age of 38 is turning up the heat. Reminding us of his great days with Devil rays. Longoria struggled throughout much of the postseason, but he’s been playing well recently. Although his defense has always been superior.

Also the leftie Alex Thomas is having a really good postseason. Of course he had a clutch home run against the Phillies late in the game 4 I believe to tie the series… he is playing good tonight.. he’s also left hand. He could bat in the five hole could be very useful against righties

Last edited:

Yep, it was great to see him barrel one up late last night! The 7-8-9 guys have been the key so far but need Walkers bat to get going.

I could see that. Longoria at the age of 38 is turning up the heat. Reminding us of his great days with Devil rays. Longoria struggled throughout much of the postseason, but he’s been playing well recently. Although his defense has always been superior.

Also the leftie Alex Thomas is having a really good postseason. Of course he had a clutch home run against the Phillies late in the game 4 I believe to tie the series… he is playing good tonight.. he’s also left hand. He could bat in the five hole could be very useful against righties
The lineup is working even with Walker struggling. They're doing their thing and Louvallo has been pushing all the right buttons.

Forum List

Back