The "Answer Backs" come back twice against the Brewers, sweep the series.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
That's a local nickname for this year's Diamondbacks given for their ability to come back from being down. They were down 3-0 when rookie of the year Corbin Carroll hit a 440 foot rocket into the upper deck. They were down 2-0 in the second game but then put up a 4 run inning that sealed the Brewers fate. They've been fun to watch, next up the Dodgers who on paper should win easily. But we'll see if the Answer-backs can shock the world.

That's a local nickname for this year's Diamondbacks given for their ability to come back from being down. They were down 3-0 when rookie of the year Corbin Carroll hit a 440 foot rocket into the upper deck. They were down 2-0 in the second game but then put up a 4 run inning that sealed the Brewers fate. They've been fun to watch, next up the Dodgers who on paper should win easily. But we'll see if the Answer-backs can shock the world.
It was two very impressive Comebacks for Arizona. They are bullpen is looking tremendous

Corbin Carroll is the rookie of the year or least he should be. 25 home runs and 50 stolen bases this year, setting a major league baseball record For rookies. For a 5 foot 10 guy He has a lot of power.

Carroll seems to be a very humble player also....nice interview after the bomb he hit in that first game.

• Banned
It was two very impressive Comebacks for Arizona. They are bullpen is looking tremendous

Corbin Carroll is the rookie of the year or least he should be. 25 home runs and 50 stolen bases this year, setting a major league baseball record For rookies. For a 5 foot 10 guy He has a lot of power.
As you say Carroll is by baseball standards small. His swing looks like it's designed for spray hitting but the power he can generate is incredible. And he is the fastest player from home from home to First in the majors.

Im pulling for a Dbacks /Rangers world series.got to cheer on the small market teams.dont want to see those asswipe big market teams,dodgers,braves and ESPECIALLY the astros. I for sure am pulling for the rangers,ANYBODY in the american league series except those asswipe Astros,they have replaced the yankees as the team that now represents everything that s wrong with baseball. i obviously hate the dodgers and braves being big market teams as well but that would be the ONLY time i would ever cheer them on is i root for anybody now that plays the astros same as i have for decades when it came to the yankees.

never figured i would see the day i would root for the yankees in the playoffs but they got nothing on the astros for being a team that has disgraced the sport of baseball.

go D BACKS AND GO RANGERS.

Im pulling for a Dbacks /Rangers world series.got to cheer on the small market teams.dont want to see those asswipe big market teams,dodgers,braves and ESPECIALLY the astros. I for sure am pulling for the rangers,ANYBODY in the american league series except those asswipe Astros,they have replaced the yankees as the team that now represents everything that s wrong with baseball. i obviously hate the dodgers and braves being big market teams as well but that would be the ONLY time i would ever cheer them on is i root for anybody now that plays the astros same as i have for decades when it came to the yankees.

never figured i would see the day i would root for the yankees in the playoffs but they got nothing on the astros for being a team that has disgraced the sport of baseball.

go D BACKS AND GO RANGERS.
What do you think the chances are of the Dodgers coming back and winning three in a row? I already have an insurance bet on them to win this round but I wonder if I should put more on it

What do you think the chances are of the Dodgers coming back and winning three in a row? I already have an insurance bet on them to win this round but I wonder if I should put more on it

I've lived baseball my whole life. But for quitting 94 strike. I don't know? Nothing is ever certain? That said, AZ has stars, no one knows very well yet.

LA hopes rest on Lance Lynn? They better score 6 runs first five innings. Lynn was mediocre in his prime at STl. Maybe one good playoff game vs LA way back? LL ball is flat & straight.
I bet AZ hits him hard.

But The AZ pitcher is a #3 type?

Big money players LA need to score early IMVHO.

I've lived baseball my whole life. But for quitting 94 strike. I don't know? Nothing is ever certain? That said, AZ has stars, no one knows very well yet.

LA hopes rest on Lance Lynn? They better score 6 runs first five innings. Lynn was mediocre in his prime at STl. Maybe one good playoff game vs LA way back? LL ball is flat & straight.
I bet AZ hits him hard.

But The AZ pitcher is a #3 type?

Big money players LA need to score early IMVHO.
Those are good points. I believe the Arizona picture is pfaadt is a rookie this year. But he’s had some good starts later in the season again I believe I can’t say for sure. I haven’t double check the numbers.

Lance Lynn is no superstar, but he’s had a few good starts this year with a winning record

The Arizona bats were clicking in LA. And they are still playing at the same time zone so it’s not like they traveled to far

Arizona has won its first 4 playoff games all on the road. The question is how are they going to do at home batting in the bottom of the ending… that’s what I wonder

The Arizona picture started game one against the Brewers. Lotta people were surprised it wasn’t gallen…. If the Dodgers can hit him early it might help. He gave up three runs against the Brewers in the first two innings in game one of the wild card. The difference now is he’s playing at home

Just witnessed baseball history. Four home runs in one inning. Diamondbacks are up 4-0…. The announcer was saying there’s never been 4 home runs in one inning in postseason mlb history.

the 4th was by the Diamondbacks catcher Moreno. He initially hit a home run that was ruled foul…. The very next pitch he Jack’s it out of the park.

In the 7th. 4-0 AZ. I dont like the way they are acting now. Marte laughing it up on bench. Going up down 1-2-3. No more urgency or dedication?

This games not over. 4 runs is nothing for 100 win team offense.

I've seen teams like LA or STL come back to win late more times than I can count.

Last edited:
In the 7th. 4-0 AZ. I dont like the way they are acting now. Marte laughing it up on bench. Going up down 1-2-3. No more urgency ir dedication?

This games not over. 4 runs is nothing for 100 win team offense.

I've seen teams like LA or STL come back to win late more times than I can count.
Exactly long way to go. Now it’s 4-2 …. Two outs Dodgers have runners on first and second in the top of the seventh.

Ok Saalfrank the left-handed relief pitcher for Arizona. .. who is having a fine postseason ….Just got the Diamondbacks out of the jam. 2 run game going to the bottom of the seventh. It’s anyone’s game at this point.

Incredible job by the Diamondbacks. 5-0 to start the postseason. They have swept 2 division winners, including the much vaunted LA Dodgers. Bring it on anyone .. the D backs can play ball with anyone

Bill Plasche said The Dodgers will win the World Series this year.

1697083473722.gif

Doesn’t look like they have an answer for the Phillys so far

Forum List

Back