The "Answer Backs" come back twice against the Brewers, sweep the series.

$540 per ticket! Field level was over a thousand. I like my Dbacks but not that much. :)

That sounds about right. But you are a great father. This is a very memorable experience for your kid.

Frankly, with the Nets going all the way down to the foul poll, I would not want to sit above the first or third-base dugout. With the outfield, you got a chance of catching a ball

When the Toronto Blue Jays were playing here in Buffalo at sahlen field I ended up getting front row seats right above the dugouts only to find out when I got there We had a big net in front of us. It really messed up the experience for me. One person has been killed at a baseball game in the past 100 years.

I liked it back when you could sit right above the third-base dugout and you’re right there. Of course you gotta bring your baseball mitt and get ready for a foul ball.

Last edited:
I was wondering why this thread was still at the top,I did not realise until today the d backs made it to the World Series. :yes_text12: Man weren’t they like down 3 to 1.? I wrote them off and stopped paying attention.Wow what a great year,first those asswipe Astros get eliminated now the D backs are in the World Series.:thup: well I almost got my wish,I got half of it,I was hoping for a World Series with the D backs and the orioles,two small market teams.well at leat the Astros didn’t get there so that’s a relief,I want the D backs to win as much as you do Mike because I got relatives that live there and grew up there..just happy the Astros aren’t in it,I git nothing against the rangers. Whatever happens,I am proud of the D backs thst they made it this far,nobody believed in them including me.go D backs.:thup::yes_text12::TH_WAY~113::banana:

I was wondering why this thread was still at the top,I did not realise until today the d backs made it to the World Series. :yes_text12: Man weren’t they like down 3 to 1.? I wrote them off and stopped paying attention.Wow what a great year,first those asswipe Astros get eliminated now the D backs are in the World Series.:thup: well I almost got my wish,I got half of it,I was hoping for a World Series with the D backs and the orioles,two small market teams.well at leat the Astros didn’t get there so that’s a relief,I want the D backs to win as much as you do Mike because I got relatives that live there and grew up there..just happy the Astros aren’t in it,I git nothing against the rangers. Whatever happens,I am proud of the D backs thst they made it this far,nobody believed in them including me.go D backs.:thup::yes_text12::TH_WAY~113::banana:

Well said

It’s an incredible run by the Diamondbacks. They have a payroll this year of about 34 million the Texas Rangers payroll is about 280 million. And the diamondbacks are out playing the Rangers so far this series in both games. The Rangers had a lucky home run in the ninth-inning in game 1. Otherwise it would be two games to nothing Arizona.

Well said

It’s an incredible run by the Diamondbacks. They have a payroll this year of about 34 million the Texas Rangers payroll is about 280 million. And the diamondbacks are out playing the Rangers so far this series in both games. The Rangers had a lucky home run in the ninth-inning in game 1. Otherwise it would be two games to nothing Arizona.
Wow had no idea their payroll was so small compared to them..all the more reason I will be cheering them on.

By the way, in game two Tommy Pham was 4-4 , but in his fifth at bat, he gave up his spot for one of his teammates Jace Peterson…. So Peterson had a chance to hit in a World Series game. What could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for him. Very cool stuff from Pham

It was awesome to see game 3 at Chase Field! Bummer that we lost but it was a well-played game and winnable for the Dbacks. A critical mistake to send Walker on a sharply hit single so early in the game. He was out by 10 feet and the Rangers got out of the inning and scored 3 in their next at bat. So much energy at Chase really a great day!

It was awesome to see game 3 at Chase Field! Bummer that we lost but it was a well-played game and winnable for the Dbacks. A critical mistake to send Walker on a sharply hit single so early in the game. He was out by 10 feet and the Rangers got out of the inning and scored 3 in their next at bat. So much energy at Chase really a great day!
That was a critical part of the game indeed. I think part of the problem there was a third base coach didn’t give the stop sign until Walker was around third base. It’s always a tough call for the third base coach of those situations. Sometimes a split second decision.

Walker doesn’t have the speed of some of the other players like carrol or perdomo, I could be wrong, but I don’t think Walker saw the stop sign.

Then we know what happened in the next inning … the Rangers pick up three runs with two outs, unfortunately. Runner on third base with two outs, and a single got him in, followed by the home run by seeker who is having an outstanding series.

Either way, what an incredible experience for you and your son to be at the World Series game.

That was a critical part of the game indeed. I think part of the problem there was a third base coach didn’t give the stop sign until Walker was around third base. It’s always a tough call for the third base coach of those situations. Sometimes a split second decision.

Walker doesn’t have the speed of some of the other players like carrol or perdomo, I could be wrong, but I don’t think Walker saw the stop sign.

Then we know what happened in the next inning … the Rangers pick up three runs with two outs, unfortunately. Runner on third base with two outs, and a single got him in, followed by the home run by seeker who is having an outstanding series.

Either way, what an incredible experience for you and your son to be at the World Series game.
Perezchica should have had the stop sign up before Walker was at third. There's aggressive and then there's brain fart. He's been really good, I think he got caught up in all the Chase Field energy. Yes it was a beautiful night for baseball and we were sitting with a fun group of people.

Walker ran through the stop sign.

Perezchica should have had the stop sign up before Walker was at third. There's aggressive and then there's brain fart. He's been really good, I think he got caught up in all the Chase Field energy. Yes it was a beautiful night for baseball and we were sitting with a fun group of people.
Garcia didnt field the ball until after he was about to touch 3rd. Walker made a few mistakes on that play.

1. If you watch the replay, the 3rd base coach recognized the ball was going to get down long before Walker. He was waving him to and through 3rd while Walker was shuffling and watching the ball. Watch your coach. The ball is in play behind you. Had Walker taken off running when the coach told him he'd have been safe at home.

2. The runner (when the ball is behind him) should pick up the 3rd base coach before he touches the bag, he then looks down to make sure he touches the bag and then has to pick him up again afterwards. It's why 3rd base coaches move so far down the line. So the runners can pick them up as they round 3rd. They want as much time as possible to hold them, which also means they have as much time to send them as well. The 3rd base coach has to see if the R fielder fields it, was it clean, what is his positioning as he fielded it etc etc. Walker should have looked up and picked up the coach after touching 3rd.

Antonelli baseball on youtube did a great breakdown of the play.

I couldn't see that detail from my seat in the stands, but it appeared to me to be a no go situation period. Slow runner, sharply hit ball in front of the outfielder and no outs. Hold the runner and you have 2nd and 3rd with no out.

I couldn't see that detail from my seat in the stands, but it appeared to me to be a no go situation period. Slow runner, sharply hit ball in front of the outfielder and no outs. Hold the runner and you have 2nd and 3rd with no out.
Agreed, but the runner gets the go sign until it's determined he needs to stop. If Garcia flubs the transfer or doesnt field it cleanly, it's too late to give him the go sign once he's stopped and the DBacks lose out on a run. /shrug.

Agreed, but the runner gets the go sign until it's determined he needs to stop. If Garcia flubs the transfer or doesnt field it cleanly, it's too late to give him the go sign once he's stopped and the DBacks lose out on a run. /shrug.
Considering that Walker is a slow runner, and Garcia has a cannon for an arm, I am putting up the stop sign right away and we have 2nd and 3rd with no outs. I realize the basic strategy is wave the runner and then stop him and indeed Walker is blaming himself for putting his head down rounding third missing the stop sign.

Considering that Walker is a slow runner, and Garcia has a cannon for an arm, I am putting up the stop sign right away and we have 2nd and 3rd with no outs. I realize the basic strategy is wave the runner and then stop him and indeed Walker is blaming himself for putting his head down rounding third missing the stop sign.
What if Garcia had bobbled the transfer and Walker stops at third? If the next 3 batters K...... Everyone would be killing the 3rd base coach.

What if Garcia had bobbled the transfer and Walker stops at third? If the next 3 batters K...... Everyone would be killing the 3rd base coach.
Maybe, but 2nd and 3rd with no outs always looks good to me especially given the match up with Walker running and Garcia's arm. In retrospect, it was a bit harsh for me to use "brain fart" for Perezchica's initial run sign.

Maybe, but 2nd and 3rd with no outs always looks good to me especially given the match up with Walker running and Garcia's arm. In retrospect, it was a bit harsh for me to use "brain fart" for Perezchica's initial run sign.
I get it. If Walker looks up like he's supposed to that's where you end up. He made a mistake. It happens, it's what makes the games interesting.

Well, that was ugly! It was good to see some guys hitting the ball at the end. Maybe that will carry over. Gallen has to find his form or Dbacks will be swept at home.

Hey MarathonMike I know that FDR agress with me on everything on this post about the Astros,Diamondbacks and Orieoles,how about you,do you agree with us as well on wanting to have the O's from the American league to have made it there to the series and do you also agree that you would rather see anybody in the AL other than the Astros?

I dont hate the Astros because they are always in the championship series or anything like I did with the yankees when they won four world series in a row and hated them because they bought their world series championships with free agency,I hate them for another reason I stated earlier i wont go into, i mentioned it on FDRS thread if you want to see the real reason. the yankees i could at least respect the team,the players did not disgrace the sport as the Astros have,they are the cheatriots of the NFL.they have disgraced the sport of baseball same as they have with the sport of football.

Last edited:
Hey MarathonMike I know that FDR agress with me on everything on this post about the Astros,Diamondbacks and Orieoles,how about you,do you agree with us as well on wanting to have the O's from the American league to have made it there to the series and do you also agree that you would rather see anybody in the AL other than the Astros?

I dont hate the Astros because they are always in the championship series or anything like I did with the yankees when they won four world series in a row and hated them because they bought their world series championships with free agency,I hate them for another reason I stated earlier i wont go into, i mentioned it on FDRS thread if you want to see the real reason. the yankees i could at least respect the team,the players did not disgrace the sport as the Astros have,they are the cheatriots of the NFL.they have disgraced the sport of baseball same as they have with the sport of football.
I would have loved to see an Orioles Dbacks world series. I grew up in Md when they were a powerhouse back in the late 60s and 70s.

Forum List

Back