The Anarchist vs The Cop

It's a shame that 99% of the cops give the other 1% a bad name

Business at Red and Black Cafe in Southeast Portland increases after police officer turned away | OregonLive.com

Business at Red and Black Cafe in Southeast Portland increases after police officer turned away

Showing a policeman the door turned out -- inadvertently -- to be a good business decision for the Red and Black Cafe in Southeast Portland.

The vegan establishment was deluged with customers in the two days after news came out last week that one of the co-owners had served coffee to a Portland police officer, then kicked him out.

"We had a couple of really busy days over the weekend," said John Langley, the co-owner who served Officer James Crooker and asked him to leave. "We had two $1,100 days, which is maybe double a typical day."

The story sparked a fiery response, with national coverage and about 600 comments posted on oregonlive.com. Along with a boost in customers, the cafe has received five threats of arson and other violence

facepalm2ly3.jpg

Business at Red and Black Cafe in Southeast Portland increases after police officer turned away | OregonLive.com

Business at Red and Black Cafe in Southeast Portland increases after police officer turned away

Showing a policeman the door turned out -- inadvertently -- to be a good business decision for the Red and Black Cafe in Southeast Portland.

The vegan establishment was deluged with customers in the two days after news came out last week that one of the co-owners had served coffee to a Portland police officer, then kicked him out.

"We had a couple of really busy days over the weekend," said John Langley, the co-owner who served Officer James Crooker and asked him to leave. "We had two $1,100 days, which is maybe double a typical day."

The story sparked a fiery response, with national coverage and about 600 comments posted on oregonlive.com. Along with a boost in customers, the cafe has received five threats of arson and other violence

It's a shame that you call yourself a human being. You insult the military, police, and anyone else who has the balls to do ANYTHING to try make this a better world don't you?

It's a shame that you call yourself a human being. You insult the military, police, and anyone else who has the balls to do ANYTHING to try make this a better world don't you?

You're the one who said soldiers in non-combat positions who die while serving the nation make a lesser sacrifice than combat soldiers who are killed in combat. I would never disparage the death of any soldier who died while serving the nation.

You're the one who said soldiers in non-combat positions who die while serving the nation make a lesser sacrifice than combat soldiers who are killed in combat. I would never disparage the death of any soldier who died while serving the nation.

You're an idiot. There isn't a solider alive who wouldn't agree that a US soldier killed in combat is due more honors than one killed in say a car accident.

You're doubly an idiot for not understanding that a soldier can be killed in combat outside a combat zone.

You're an idiot. There isn't a solider alive who wouldn't agree that a US soldier killed in combat is due more honors than one killed in say a car accident.

And there isn't a soldier alive who wouldn't agree that a soldier who dies while providing support to combat soldiers has made as great a sacrifice as the soldier who dies in combat

Only fake soldiers like you would do that.

You're doubly an idiot for not understanding that a soldier can be killed in combat outside a combat zone.

You're the one who said such soldiers have not made as great a sacrifice as the soldier who dies in combat.

And there isn't a soldier alive who wouldn't agree that a soldier who dies while providing support to combat soldiers has made as great a sacrifice as the soldier who dies in combat

You're stupid, do you know what the phrase "the ultimate sacrifice" even means? It applies to people killed in combat. Some intel weeny who works in the Pentagon supporting front line troops who dies in a car accident is NOT due the same honors as someone killed in actual combat. If that same intel weeny is killed while supporting the troops from a forward base in say Afghanistan he is considered to have died in combat and is due all the same honors. It's that simple, almost as simple as you.

Fake? What would you like, a guided tour of my career? Fuck you calling me a fake soldier.

You're the one who said such soldiers have not made as great a sacrifice as the soldier who dies in combat.

No, I never said that, I clearly said that a soldier killed in combat in a non combat zone has also paid the price. You just chose to try to misconstrue what I have said on the matter

You're stupid, do you know what the phrase "the ultimate sacrifice" even means? It applies to people killed in combat.

It seems that real veterans disagree with you
Ultimate Sacrifice Heroes Memorial

Please note how he also honors soldiers killed in the US. Not everyone hates the military the way you do

[ Some intel weeny who works in the Pentagon supporting front line troops who dies in a car accident is NOT due the same honors as someone killed in actual combat. If that same intel weeny is killed while supporting the troops from a forward base in say Afghanistan he is considered to have died in combat and is due all the same honors. It's that simple, almost as simple as you.

If the same MEMBER OF THE MILITARY (calling them "weeny" is just another way you disrespect soldiers who put their lives on the line) died while supporting the troops from a US base, his sacrifice is no less than any other soldiers death.

Except to a soldier hater like you

Fake? What would you like, a guided tour of my career? Fuck you calling me a fake soldier.

No, I don't need your Potemkin tour

No, I never said that, I clearly said that a soldier killed in combat in a non combat zone has also paid the price. You just chose to try to misconstrue what I have said on the matter

Now you're backing away from your words. Smart move

I wouldn't want to be associated with your words either

Last edited:
Well. Since I believe a white man should be able to refuse service to a black man, and visa versa, I will take the same stance here. Just because you're a cop doesn't mean someone should have to serve you.

However, I will say this, what a stupid douche, hope his shop doesn't get broken into or catch on fire, LEO might be a little slow in responding that day....

when seconds count, cops are minutes away

Well. Since I believe a white man should be able to refuse service to a black man, and visa versa, I will take the same stance here. Just because you're a cop doesn't mean someone should have to serve you.

However, I will say this, what a stupid douche, hope his shop doesn't get broken into or catch on fire, LEO might be a little slow in responding that day....

Especially for someone who refused to let them have donuts and coffee.

I must applaud this guy. more people should refuse service to cops until cops get rid of their god complex. he is absolutely correct that if he would serve cops and one got out of hand that he would be absolutely screwed since cops rarely arrest or discipline each other. the less police around the more peaceful a place is.

Especially for someone who refused to let them have donuts and coffee.

any cop who didn't protect this shop as fast and best as possible should be fired. cops are to protect all people equally even those who hate them.

I must applaud this guy. more people should refuse service to cops until cops get rid of their god complex. he is absolutely correct that if he would serve cops and one got out of hand that he would be absolutely screwed since cops rarely arrest or discipline each other. the less police around the more peaceful a place is.

Yes, absolutely. Every law enforcement agency in the lad doesn't have internal affairs or anything like that. :cuckoo:

He has an absolute right to refuse service to anyone.

It is his shop.

Portland has lots of Starbucks. The cops can go there instead.

That said, if I owned a coffee shop, I would like having cops as customers..... Unless I were selling the wrong kinds of tea....

my retirement plan is to own a restaurant and if I can get away with it, cops and politicians will be disallowed and military (active or former) will receive 20% discount.

Hey, any publicity, good or bad, is good publicity.

Yes, absolutely. Every law enforcement agency in the lad doesn't have internal affairs or anything like that. :cuckoo:

internal affairs is run by other cops and former cops. they give out slaps ont he wrist and paid leave and upon return cops are put into their same position or simply reassigned into another group.

such a bullshit stat that people always repeat. even in the day of youtube and numerous, daily recordings of police brutality and power tripping, people still cite the "statistic". now cops are trying to fight against them being recorded while on work so that they can continue their long standing tradition of beating people to make up for their own inadequacies and emotional problems.

internal affairs is run by other cops and former cops. they give out slaps ont he wrist and paid leave and upon return cops are put into their same position or simply reassigned into another group.

You are wrong. Any cop will tell you that Internal Affairs people do NOT let cops get away with stuff. Yes of course there are exceptions, but they are just that - exceptions.

Forum List

Back