The Anarchist vs The Cop

Why Willow my dear, I'm starting to get the feeling you may have a bit of a dislike of me. Whatever could I have done to deserve this calamity?

I did say that the cafe could've just given the coffee to-go for the officer (albeit with a typo) if they feared that much from him. Everyone wins a little in that regard. I also said on the other hand maybe the owner didn't want to risk his customers doing something stupid or vice versa.

I never said if a side was right or wrong here, merely offered some speculations on what could have been done or why they did what they did. Although my post leaned more towards the officer's side than the cafe owner's. I did say the cafe owner overreacted and got a bit panicky.

so, if a shop owner doesn't want a person of color in his shop he can just give him his coffee to go? gotcha.. that sound reasonable yes?

How do you really feel about this? I feel anyone should be able to refuse service to anyone, for any reason. No protected classes.

Protected classes do not equal equality they equal special treatment.
:clap2::clap2:

I'm not putting anything in your mouth. I'm asking you if it's okay for a shop owner who does not want to serve coffe to a person of color can get by with a "coffee to go" that's a yes or no answer.

My dear Willow, they could do that with any person of any color, white, black, what have you or any person of any occupation so long as they could prove to have a reason to feel uneasy with that person around and it didn't have to do with their skin tone or job. The fact that it was a cop in the news story, and it's a person of color in your hypothetical is incidental.

Say What?

To put it simply, you can refuse service to anyone, black or white, cop or Starbucks employee, so long as you can prove they would be disruptive to your business. I.E., cause a scene or a ruckus in your establishment.

I'm not putting anything in your mouth. I'm asking you if it's okay for a shop owner who does not want to serve coffe to a person of color can get by with a "coffee to go" that's a yes or no answer.

My dear Willow, they could do that with any person of any color, white, black, what have you or any person of any occupation so long as they could prove to have a reason to feel uneasy with that person around and it didn't have to do with their skin tone or job. The fact that it was a cop in the news story, and it's a person of color in your hypothetical is incidental.

Why do you say it couldn't have to do with their job, but then say it's ok to do it to a cop, do you think cop is a lifestyle not a job?

Where did I say it was okay to do it to the cop? I did call the cafe owner panicky and overreacting in my first post, and offered the coffee to-go thing as a compromise of a solution to the issue.

Say What?

To put it simply, you can refuse service to anyone, black or white, cop or Starbucks employee, so long as you can prove they would be disruptive to your business. I.E., cause a scene or a ruckus in your establishment.

Why do you say it couldn't have to do with their job, but then say it's ok to do it to a cop, do you think cop is a lifestyle not a job?

Where did I say it was okay to do it to the cop? I did call the cafe owner panicky and overreacting in my first post, and offered the coffee to-go thing as a compromise of a solution to the issue.

that great libturd speak "would be" :lol::lol::lol: yep,, you be garden variety idiot.. yep

Say What?

Under current law, why should the cop have to compromise simply because he's a cop? if I don't want some black dude sitting in my shop , and I offer him a to go cup to get out, I'd get sued. Why is a black man afforded MORE protection in this nation than say a cop?

Is that EQUALITY?

I worked in a seven-eleven right out of college to supplement the lavish life-style one leads as a substitute teacher. The police came in frequently and got free coffee. Problem was, the coffee pot was in the middle of the shop with me, the cash register and the front door all in a line. If a robber came into the store, guess who is right in the middle? I was always glad to see them leave.

Say What?

Under current law, why should the cop have to compromise simply because he's a cop? if I don't want some black dude sitting in my shop , and I offer him a to go cup to get out, I'd get sued. Why is a black man afforded MORE protection in this nation than say a cop?

Is that EQUALITY?

Um, ConHog? Dearie? Did you not see my simplified post of my own opinion to Willow? Or my full explanation before that when poor Willow didn't understand it?

I don't care what you are, if for some reason (carry a gun into my establishment, get into a fight with the customers, etc) you make a shop owner feel like your about to disrupt his/her business, he can compromise like the to-go coffee I suggested, or he can refuse service. Whatever the shop owner decides to do, well that's their personal choice to make.

I worked in a seven-eleven right out of college to supplement the lavish life-style one leads as a substitute teacher. The police came in frequently and got free coffee. Problem was, the coffee pot was in the middle of the shop with me, the cash register and the front door all in a line. If a robber came into the store, guess who is right in the middle? I was always glad to see them leave.

Wait? What? So you want us to believe that you felt safer when the cops weren't around? Lived in a town full of people so stupid they would rob a 7/11 with a cop standing RIGHT there did you?

Funny, since most places give cops free coffee , especially late at night, precisely b/c they want that presence.

I call BS on your lies.

Is that EQUALITY?

Um, ConHog? Dearie? Did you not see my simplified post of my own opinion to Willow? Or my full explanation before that when poor Willow didn't understand it?

I don't care what you are, if for some reason (carry a gun into my establishment, get into a fight with the customers, etc) you make a shop owner feel like your about to disrupt his/her business, he can compromise like the to-go coffee I suggested, or he can refuse service. Whatever the shop owner decides to do, well that's their personal choice to make.

parse and weave and dodge idiot, we get what you mean.. you're a libturd after all.

Is that EQUALITY?

Why are you BSing and refusing to answer this very simple premise.

if I own a restaurant and a black man comes in and I refuse service to him b/c maybe I think the redneck sitting at table 4 might not like it, I'll get sued. Simply b/c the guy was black, how is that ANY different?

Don't give me any more of your fucking dearies, answer the question. Why , under current law, should a cop have to compromise where a black man would not?

I'll relate this to the recent incident where kids were told to turn their American flags inside out so as not to upset the Mexican kids and the Muslims not being asked to not build this Mosque (community center in case that super dooshtard Sangha is around) even though it is pissing off quite a few Americans.

Why do we as a nation just not give a shit what certain groups think or feel, while bending over backwards to kiss other groups' collective asses?

Last edited:

Wait? What? So you want us to believe that you felt safer when the cops weren't around? Lived in a town full of people so stupid they would rob a 7/11 with a cop standing RIGHT there did you?

Funny, since most places give cops free coffee , especially late at night, precisely b/c they want that presence.

I call BS on your lies.

Well you got part of it right. If you have a robber stupid enough to show up when there is a police officer in the shop, you have a problem. You also have a robber stupid enough to start shooting. Being the guy in the middle without a gun is another problem. Since I can't make the robber go away, keeping the police out is the next best plan. It isn't my money inteh register, but it is my life behind the counter.

I call BS on your lies.

Well you got part of it right. If you have a robber stupid enough to show up when there is a police officer in the shop, you have a problem. You also have a robber stupid enough to start shooting. Being the guy in the middle without a gun is another problem. Since I can't make the robber go away, keeping the police out is the next best plan. It isn't my money inteh register, but it is my life behind the counter.

Criminals are stupid, but I refuse to believe you had a fear of being robbed while a cop was standing there

Cops have to be bribed to do their job.

You're eons beyond being a stupid piece of shit. Cop is on break, cop is going where free coffee is, and you can believe the cop will end his break if a robber occurs, thus free coffee is given to encourage cops to spend their breaks at restaurants or what have you.

Or does your hatred of cops extend into believing they are not entitled to breaks?

Oh btw, for all of your claims about respecting the military, there is no way you respect the military while hating cops b/c its proven time and again that essentially the same people fulfill both roles in our society.

Is that EQUALITY?

Why are you BSing and refusing to answer this very simple premise.

if I own a restaurant and a black man comes in and I refuse service to him b/c maybe I think the redneck sitting at table 4 might not like it, I'll get sued. Simply b/c the guy was black, how is that ANY different?

Don't give me any more of your fucking dearies, answer the question. Why , under current law, should a cop have to compromise where a black man would not?

Where did I say the cop had to compromise? He has the right to sue if he wants, same as the black chap. Same as anyone else really, if they feel the compromise or being thrown out was unjust. It's what I've said for a couple posts now. No one's getting special treatment, no one's getting harsher treatment. No one gets thrown out or compromised with specifically because they're a cop or black man. I said as much the shopkeeper would have to prove when asking someone to leave or compromise, that race or job or anything else discriminatory had nothing to do with it. That they are kicked out by actions that disrupt the operation of the business and not for who they are.

Granted, thinking a person in the restaurant may not like him is hardly valid enough for compromise or being asked to leave, and the cafe in the OP may in fact be flagrantly overreacting and horribly in the wrong, as I pointed out in my first post.

I call BS on your lies.

Criminals are stupid, but I refuse to believe you had a fear of being robbed while a cop was standing there

Hey, you can stick with total lie for all I care. How many times have you heard of a shoot out with bullets flying everywhere and the police miss the robber? Remember, I'm the guy twice as close to both guns.

Hey, you can stick with total lie for all I care. How many times have you heard of a shoot out with bullets flying everywhere and the police miss the robber? Remember, I'm the guy twice as close to both guns.

Get used to this. conjob will never admit to anything that undermines his POV. He just can't handle disagreement. His ego is so weak that he just cannot admit that some people do not want cops around, and for good reason.

I've heard of LOTS of those happening when the robbery occurred and police responded, I have NEVER heard of it happening when police were ALREADY at the convenience store.

So are you saying you prefer that police don't respond to a robbery?

Get used to this. conjob will never admit to anything that undermines his POV. He just can't handle disagreement. His ego is so weak that he just cannot admit that some people do not want cops around, and for good reason.

So it would be a good idea to initiate a "do not come for cops" list? Like if we dial 9-11 you don't have to come cause you have stated you do not want cops around. kinda like the "do no call" registry.. that's entirely workable. I think.. Here's a pen.

Happiness is reading..."This message is hidden because sangha is on your ignore list.".

Should have guessed that if you throw anarchist and cop in the thread title...

Forum List

Back