The Anarchist vs The Cop

Emma

Evil Liberal Leftist™
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The co-owner of a southeast Portland coffee shop said he booted a police officer out of his café because he worried the officer would resort to unnecessary violence if something went wrong.

Officer James Crooker went into the Red and Black café on Southeast 12th Avenue for a cup of coffee May 18. The shop's co-owner, John Langley, asked Crooker to leave because he is a police officer.

Langley is a self-described anarchist. He said he asked Crooker to leave because many of his customers do not feel safe around police and if anything went wrong in his shop, he would not be comfortable calling police for help.

"If there's a police officer there, I wouldn't feel safe in that situation. I would feel worried that the officer might Tase the person or potentially shoot them for having a mental health issue," Langley said.

-----------

The video is simply... precious.

Raw: Coffee Shop Owner Explains Why He Booted Cop - Video - KPTV Portland

Last edited:
Well. Since I believe a white man should be able to refuse service to a black man, and visa versa, I will take the same stance here. Just because you're a cop doesn't mean someone should have to serve you.

However, I will say this, what a stupid douche, hope his shop doesn't get broken into or catch on fire, LEO might be a little slow in responding that day....

The day he NEEDS a cop, he'll change his tune.

Good to see you Emma! :beer:

9999/10000 people are that way. I cringe to tell people I work with LEO on a daily basis, the unmitigated hate is astounding, until they need us.

It's a little over-reacting and panicky, and I don't see why he could've just given the coffee to go to the office. It doesn't take that long to make a cup of coffee. But then again, maybe the owner didn't want to risk one his customers doing something stupid, or vice versa.

You just gotta watch the video. It's freakin' hilarious :lol:

That was hilarious, some thoughts

1. He's obviously not very bright
2. I seriously doubt anything has ever happened in his lily white life to make him feel that way about police.
3. He obviously belongs in San Fransisco

2. I seriously doubt anything has ever happened in his lily white life to make him feel that way about police.

Did you see the one girl explaining how we can all *like* live without the *like* police?

ROFL

Portland has turned into the San Franpsycho of Oregon.

Wow these people are beyond stupid.

What is an alternative to the police. A civil force enforcing the law? Wouldn't that be the police. What if someone goes in there and robs the place or worse shoots the place up. Do they not wish a police officer would be their at that moment?

Did you see the one girl explaining how we can all *like* live without the *like* police?

ROFL

Yes, ties in nicely with what i said in the thread about liberals smarter not being smarter than a 5th grader. It's NOT a liberal problem. it's a stupid problem. Average Americans are stupid , stupid, stupid.

He has an absolute right to refuse service to anyone.

It is his shop.

Portland has lots of Starbucks. The cops can go there instead.

That said, if I owned a coffee shop, I would like having cops as customers..... Unless I were selling the wrong kinds of tea....

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
He has an absolute right to refuse service to anyone.

It is his shop.

Portland has lots of Starbucks. The cops can go there instead.

That said, if I owned a coffee shop, I would like having cops as customers..... Unless I were selling the wrong kinds of tea....

'course he does. That's not why I'm laughing at him.

But here he is, calling a press conference and declaring to all of Portland and the surrounding area that his place of business refuses to allow police inside.... while his clientele speak of understanding the oppressed criminal element.

Countdown until the Red and Black gets robbed...

Forum List

Back