The American Dream v. The Liberal Dream.

What's really funny is that all of the usual Liberal suspects showed up in this thread to toss in their nasty two cents... Saigon... As much as I hate your Politics I thought you were better than that.

blue-collar-house.jpg

Not really, you posted a simple minded nothing in order to bash liberals by pegging them into a certain corner. The internet and 24 news media has made such generalizations meaningless.

Comparisons in a political forum are not meaningless when they highlight an ideological bent that has political ramifications-

Grow the fuck up and try not being such an asshole- or maybe it's just that you hang out here too much?

What's really funny is that all of the usual Liberal suspects showed up in this thread to toss in their nasty two cents... Saigon... As much as I hate your Politics I thought you were better than that.

If they vote Obama, they vote the liberal ideology highlighted in the comparison-

Note not one said they disagreed with the liberal bent- they only hated the comparison to traditional political values.

I think you fairly much disproved your handle with this thread, didn't you?

It's not a comparison of liberal ideology with a "traditional" one, it's a comparison of trite cliche, half-truths and deliberate mistatements.

Seems pretty spot on to me!

I agree. That is why the left will respond with insults and not be able to articulate why they think it's wrong. Liberals do believe in government doing things for them and they will defend that, usually claiming the private sector cannot be trusted. Liberals believe in affirmative action and redistribution of wealth and the policies reflect this. They forever vilify the wealthy and always promise the takers that they will confiscate more on their behalf.

When Romney addressed the NAACP and talked about opportunities and job growth, he was criticized by the lefties for addressing a subject that meant nothing to the crowd. That was telling. When Obama talks to his supporters, he tells them what government plans to do for them. That is what some want to hear- what can my country do for me.

When people defend all the free stuff and say we cannot allow people to suffer from their own bad choices, you realize that it's about big brother stepping in to ensure that even the biggest loser lives as well as the hardest worker. That is their definition of equality- everyone having the same amount. It's not about effort or personal responsibility.

We used to be told to study in school, avoid drugs and think before we acted and that if we didn't, there would be consequences. How many parents used to tell their children to stay out of trouble and be responsible or they'd end up going hungry? Now, the government all but encourages irresponsible behavior by picking up the slack when people screw up. Now we have generations on welfare and the liberals call this success. People who wouldn't have a clue as to how to care for themselves without nanny government is the problem with this country, not a result of good governing.

The liberal dream is one of everyone getting an equal part of the pie no matter what. Billions will die when America becomes a third rate power as a shit storm will occur.

The right winger's dream is one of only the rich getting every part of the pie no matter what. Billions will die when America becomes a third rate power as a shit storm will occur.

Now you've got it right :up:

Not really, you posted a simple minded nothing in order to bash liberals by pegging them into a certain corner. The internet and 24 news media has made such generalizations meaningless.

Comparisons in a political forum are not meaningless when they highlight an ideological bent that has political ramifications-

Grow the fuck up and try not being such an asshole- or maybe it's just that you hang out here too much?

well yes they meaningless when you do it in the style of what you posted.
which was the whole point all a long. You posted a shit graphic that is childish hoping people would come in and say : YAY! good job clevergirl!!!! You go girl!!! etc etc.....

you posted shit, own up to it for once.

It's not a comparison of liberal ideology with a "traditional" one, it's a comparison of trite cliche, half-truths and deliberate mistatements.

Trite cliche, half-truths and deliberate misstatements are the cornerstone of liberalism. The first misstatement is pretending that they are really liberal.

which was the whole point all a long. You posted a shit graphic that is childish hoping people would come in and say : YAY! good job clevergirl!!!! You go girl!!! etc etc.....

Well, no, it is not meaningless. It is a factual comparison of the ideological differences. That you don't like it is obvious. But your liking something is not relevant to its meaning- no matter how much you try to claim your opinion is the most accurate one.

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...come-inequality-does-not-threaten-opportunity

My point was as simple as the graph made it. That you need a bogey man and a convoluted motive, indicates you need a break from the blogosphere dude.

I posted a link to the article accompanying the graph when another poster asked for it- maybe you should read the article...just sayin'

Last edited:

I agree. That is why the left will respond with insults and not be able to articulate why they think it's wrong. Liberals do believe in government doing things for them and they will defend that, usually claiming the private sector cannot be trusted. Liberals believe in affirmative action and redistribution of wealth and the policies reflect this. They forever vilify the wealthy and always promise the takers that they will confiscate more on their behalf.

When Romney addressed the NAACP and talked about opportunities and job growth, he was criticized by the lefties for addressing a subject that meant nothing to the crowd. That was telling. When Obama talks to his supporters, he tells them what government plans to do for them. That is what some want to hear- what can my country do for me.

When people defend all the free stuff and say we cannot allow people to suffer from their own bad choices, you realize that it's about big brother stepping in to ensure that even the biggest loser lives as well as the hardest worker. That is their definition of equality- everyone having the same amount. It's not about effort or personal responsibility.

We used to be told to study in school, avoid drugs and think before we acted and that if we didn't, there would be consequences. How many parents used to tell their children to stay out of trouble and be responsible or they'd end up going hungry? Now, the government all but encourages irresponsible behavior by picking up the slack when people screw up. Now we have generations on welfare and the liberals call this success. People who wouldn't have a clue as to how to care for themselves without nanny government is the problem with this country, not a result of good governing.

XAxaV.gif

It's rather telling that they've got nothing to say on the topic of the thread... just verbal abuse for the OP.

It's rather telling that they've got nothing to say on the topic of the thread... just verbal abuse for the OP.

They're liberals, the truth always affects them this way.

Clevergirl -

Can you perhaps explain WHY it is that you believe that approximately 50% of the people in the world all think and act in exactly the same way?

You're not going to find very many real people who think "the private sector cannot be trusted". What you will hear is that the private sector isn't perfect. Just leaving everything to market outcomes will not result in a just society. The wealthy aren't vilified, they're just not put on a pedestal the right likes to place them on, as demigods for us mere mortals to worship.

Romney was booed when talking about "opportunity" because he doesn't believe in it. His definition of "opportunity" is "go borrow money from your parents to pay for college or start a business". That's great if your dad is the CEO of a major company, but so much if you're a typical person. There has never been a single day in Mitt Romney's life when he's had to worry about how he was going to eat that day. He's never faced any real challenges, so it doesn't surprise me that he's so out of touch with real people. What I don't get is the large numbers of people struggling to get by who actually buy in to it.

Well, no, it is not meaningless. It is a factual comparison of the ideological differences. That you don't like it is obvious. But your liking something is not relevant to its meaning- no matter how much you try to claim your opinion is the most accurate one.

Income Inequality or Lost Opportunity? What's Threatening the American Dream

My point was as simple as the graph made it. That you need a bogey man and a convoluted motive, indicates you need a break from the blogosphere dude.

I posted a link to the article accompanying the graph when another poster asked for it- maybe you should read the article...just sayin'

yes its heritage, a rightwing/neocon think group.
You make my point for me simplegirl.

exactly,because you are simple.

Income Inequality or Lost Opportunity? What's Threatening the American Dream

yes its heritage, a rightwing/neocon think group.
You make my point for me simplegirl.

exactly,because you are simple.

This entire thread all you have managed to do is behave like an angry asshole.

DUH, the Heritage Foundation is conservative...WOW you ARE brilliant and CAN be taught.

Now how about debating the perspective they illuminated with their contrasting comparison and telling us all how they went awry- Certainly this will be an easy task for such a brilliant asshole such as yourself...

The liberal dream is one of everyone getting an equal part of the pie no matter what. Billions will die when America becomes a third rate power as a shit storm will occur.

The right winger's dream is one of only the rich getting every part of the pie no matter what. Billions will die when America becomes a third rate power as a shit storm will occur.

Now you've got it right :up:

You don't understand the right. We want everyone to be all they can be. Instead of living on the generosity of government, they could be doing far better if they'd realize that the opportunities in this country are for everyone who wants to work for it. It always amazed me when someone drops out of school, winds up pregnant or with a police record and then complains that they didn't get a fair shake. Parents have dropped the ball in many cases and failed to teach their children that their life will be what they make it. Instead we have 4th and 5th generations of welfare learning from their parents that government is the answer. Well, it isn't. If you put all your faith in government instead of believing in yourself, you will fail. Government can prop you up and make you comfortable in your sloth, but they cannot help you achieve your dreams.

If you want to succeed, take advantage of the programs already there. Get yourself through high school, apply for student loans and get your ass to college or trade school. Then be the best student you can so you'll be competitive when vying for jobs or you'll have the knowledge to start your own business. That is how it's done, not giving up and running to big brother and begging for more welfare.

If people mess up, they can still straighten up their lives, but they need to be the leader in doing so because no one can help a person who isn't helping themselves.

Republicans believe in the power of people taking initiative for their own life. They see eagles, who need to be encouraged to spread their wings and fly.

Democrats think government should always take the lead and they don't expect much from people. They see helpless sheep who need to be herded.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back