The Amazing Race

I was not disappointed at all to see the twins go...what a headache. Is this the third shot for some of these teams?? I do think that's too many chances.

Agreed. They had their chances. And with Brenchel, they had chances on Big Brother and twice on AR. Enough already. Give regular folks a chance too.
I don't like it when they do the re-do's for Survivor either.

With that said..anyone remember the FIRST amazing race? That was awesome.

I was not disappointed at all to see the twins go...what a headache. Is this the third shot for some of these teams?? I do think that's too many chances.

It almost seems as if the producers want to make sure a certain team wins.....so they keep bringing them back.

Oh those twins, I was disappointed to see they were there again. Can you imagine living with those two? Arghhh..

Oh those twins, I was disappointed to see they were there again. Can you imagine living with those two? Arghhh..

I know.....halfway through the first episode I was ready to send them home.

Now, if only Whiney Upper Lip Snotty Nosed Crier Rachel could be the next one. But pretty sure it is set up for a Rachel win.

I like the globetrotters cuz they are funny. I was sad the two best friends couldn't compete and a stand in had to take his place. Both good guys. But...like I said, I doubt if I watch again. Unless I read elsewhere that Rachel is gone.

I hang out somewhere else when Surivivor and AR and BB are on. I will be here too, of course.

It almost seems as if the producers want to make sure a certain team wins.....so they keep bringing them back.

That's because it's a reality show. They're all staged.

You really think so? Wouldn't you think at least one of the contestants whether its Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother, Biggest Loser, cooking competitions, or one of the myriad singing competitions, etc. would have come forward and said that by now? Now of course most of them are heavily edited and knitted together to fit into the one or two-hour time frame, but I rather think they don't pre-select the winner.

I wouldn't catagorize the Amazing Race as a reality show. It requires a great deal of athletic ability. Much more than Survivor or BB and no I don't think Survivor competitions are harder than BB. What differentiates it is having to live outside and Surviving that. Their comps are pretty tame.

Amazing Race has some huge hurdles to climb. Phil Keoghan really makes it viable, an event.

We became hooked on The Amazing Race several seasons ago and it still remains a favorite Sunday Night program for us.

So who else are fans out there?

My wife and I never miss an episode. We pick our favorites and make bets on which couple will be the next out.

The only season we could have lived without was the one that they tried a family version. Sooooooo bad.

We became hooked on The Amazing Race several seasons ago and it still remains a favorite Sunday Night program for us.

My wife and I never miss an episode. We pick our favorites and make bets on which couple will be the next out.

The only season we could have lived without was the one that they tried a family version. Sooooooo bad.

That rings a little bell. Might be the first season I saw part of.

That rings a little bell. Might be the first season I saw part of.

All you needed to do was watch Family Vacation to see what they were hoping for! Just didn't work!

Of course the family aspect is still there with several of the teams being brothers/sisters/brother-sister, husband/wife/parent/child or whatever but also a lot of teams who are not related to each other too. But in all of these kinds of competition reality shows, even in the talent competitions or the really unbelievable ones like The Bachelor/Bachelorette, the personalities are simply more compelling, the dynamics more interesting, the chemistry more exciting in some years and not so much in others.

Even the judges on the shows with judges are better some years than others. Last year the judge team positively sucked on American Idol. This year there has been great chemistry that adds interest to the program but some of the formatted behind the scenes stuff isn't working. I think the producers just don't know what is going to have widespread appeal until they try it.

None that strike me as hippie types, but who knows who the real rebels are? The clear designated 'villains' are the two Afghan guys that do add interest despite their tendency for questionable ethics.

I'm glad the twin sisters were eliminated first. They're more annoying than Rachel.

I'm glad the twin sisters were eliminated first. They're more annoying than Rachel.

Yeah, I don't think anybody felt much, if any, sympathy there. So far Rachel hasn't been all that annoying. Maybe she's grown up a bit? We'll see how it goes. :)

None that strike me as hippie types, but who knows who the real rebels are? The clear designated 'villains' are the two Afghan guys that do add interest despite their tendency for questionable ethics.

I'm putting them as one of the favorites to win. I'm thinking it's between them and the cowboys.

I was pulling for Mark and Bopper the whole time the last time they were on, but since Bopper had to drop out, Mark and his replacement partner just don't have the same chemistry. I still like him. Haven't decided whether I'm going to like the two of them as a team though. So far I'm just not feeling it.

You really think so? Wouldn't you think at least one of the contestants whether its Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother, Biggest Loser, cooking competitions, or one of the myriad singing competitions, etc. would have come forward and said that by now? Now of course most of them are heavily edited and knitted together to fit into the one or two-hour time frame, but I rather think they don't pre-select the winner.

Didn't say anything about the winner being handpicked. You can only do that in something like the Apprentice or Idol. And the contestants can't talk about something they don't know.

Forum List

Back