The Amazing Race

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
We became hooked on The Amazing Race several seasons ago and it still remains a favorite Sunday Night program for us.

So who else are fans out there?

The cast we'll meet on Sunday night:

e3a635b2e974fe16a19f25833c6a202f.jpg

Tim Wiyninger and Daniel “Danny” Merkey are oil field operators from Cordell, Okla.

Rowan Joseph and Shane Partlow are theater performers from Charlotte, N.C.

Brandon Squyres and Adam Switzer are childhood friends from Chico, Calif.

Allison “Ally” Mello and Ashley Covert are L.A. Kings Ice Crew girls from Los Angeles.

Nicole Jasper and her husband, Travis Jasper, are both ER doctors from Atlanta.

Nicole “Nicky” Getz and Kim DeJesus are friends that are both married to baseball players.

Timothy Sweeney and Marie “Reebs” Mazzocchi are exes from Morristown, N.J.

Chester Pitts II and Ephraim Salaam are former NFL teammates.

"The Amazing Race" premieres Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013, on CBS channel WTEV 47 in Jacksonville.

I think it is great fun. You don't really care who wins or loses but the contests are always interesting and culturally based and you see a lot of exotic places.

Dammit, I got stuck in breaking bad and talking bad. Will catch up with the amazing race on monday. Boo.

Breaking Bad should be pretty well done for this season, yes? I haven't been watching but it has really put Albuquerque on the map. And I've got to meet a few of the cast and production crew which was fun.

As for the Amazing Race, it started off with a bang. But I do wish that this first leg wasn't an elimination leg of the race so the participants could stick around for just a bit longer. Just like I was disappointed with Redemption Island being in play before anybody actually had a chance to play the game. But oh well. They won't let me produce these things though, so I have to take what they give us.

And Sherry me too. If I was just a bit younger with the stamina to do all the running and the more strenuous challenges, this is the show I would love to do.

Baseball wives. They are blonde, fake everything and they married paychecks. That little girls is the dream.

Oh and the ice girls. I wonder if they will flirt to win. That little girls is the dream.

Yuck.

Personally, I like the attitude of pink hair. She is to the point. Refreshing. Oh and I like the docs (but really, she cant ride a damn bike? come on..)and the afghan guys. They are funny. The football guys are cool as well, but I really dont think they will last too much longer.

Okay, the Amazing Race is off and running for this season--the first episode was mostly introductions, but the cast is all repeats--some of the more memorable characters from previous episodes. Airs on CBS on Sunday nights.

groupimage.jpg

Pictured: Top Row L-R: Jessica and John, Mark and Bopper, Herb and Nate, Brendon and Rachel, Margie and Luke, Jet and Cord; Bottom Row, L-R: Jamal and Leo, Caroline and Jennifer, David and Connor, Nadiya and Natalie, Meghan and Joey Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

If you missed the opening episode, and don't have 'on demand' capability on your cable system, you can see it on your computer here:
The Amazing Race - CBS.com

That was a good episode. I wouldn't have been able to do the trapeze flip....no way.....and I'm glad that the twins lost, they were beginning to get on my last nerve with all the bickering, each one blaming the other......they were ahead of the pack but couldn't seem to figure out which Bridal Shop they need to be at.....oh well....

Rachel started out being nice....let's see how long that lasts....:)

I'm watching the premiere at CBS.com now.

The Cowboys are my faves. I also like Flight Time and Big Easy.

I don't much like Brendan and Rachel but I'll still sorta be rooting for them.

That was a good episode. I wouldn't have been able to do the trapeze flip....no way.....and I'm glad that the twins lost, they were beginning to get on my last nerve with all the bickering, each one blaming the other......they were ahead of the pack but couldn't seem to figure out which Bridal Shop they need to be at.....oh well....

Rachel started out being nice....let's see how long that lasts....:)

Mark and Bopper were my favorites when they were on before and would have been this time if they hadn't pulled Bopper for health concerns. Just won't be the same without him. So I haven't really settled on favs this time. Probably will take a couple of more shows before I realize I'm emotionally connected to somebody.

I don't have any favs because I am tired of seeing hasbeens (already been on the show) compete.
There are many many teams of people out there that want to give it a try. Why pick the same people over and over?

Plus, I doubt if I watch this go round due to Rachel and Rachel only. I can't stand her voice, nor her face, nor her whining. Why torture my eyes and ears?

I don't have any favs because I am tired of seeing hasbeens (already been on the show) compete.
There are many many teams of people out there that want to give it a try. Why pick the same people over and over?

Plus, I doubt if I watch this go round due to Rachel and Rachel only. I can't stand her voice, nor her face, nor her whining. Why torture my eyes and ears?

Well I wouldn't watch either if I didn't enjoy it. But I do. So I will.

I enjoy it. I just don't enjoy "bring backs"..or rachel. So I will probably pass this season.

I was not disappointed at all to see the twins go...what a headache. Is this the third shot for some of these teams?? I do think that's too many chances.

Forum List

Back