The Alleged Secret Plot To Sabotage Jimmy Carters Re-election By Delaying Hostage Release

But you make a good point. Before we propped up the Shah, Iran was on her way to becoming a constitutional Monarchy. Then the Shah cracked down on all political parties, particularly the Tudeh party. The reason why the Ayatollahs because the center of the opposition is they were the only institution the Shah dare not touch.

The whole "Middle East" is fucked up in part - not entirely - because Western powers used WWI and WW2 as an opportunity to control energy production to fuel their economies in their quest to defeat competition. I get realpolitik and that we were in an ideological battle against the Communist East. But our actions had consequences and I wish that rather than saying we're morally superior we'd just acknowledge that some of the shit we did created blowback, from Latin America to SE Asia to the Mid-East.

Iran might be a different place if the US/UK hadn't installed a brutal dictator to make sure they didn't nationalize their oil. The Islamic Revolution was basically Iran's 1970s youth giving the finger to outside meddling.
Yeah, Iran would be a failed communist state like Venezuela. Pahlavi was about as enlightened a ruler as any in the Middle East and far less oppressive to his people than the mullahs have been.

Yeah, Iran would be a failed communist state like Venezuela. Pahlavi was about as enlightened a ruler as any in the Middle East and far less oppressive to his people than the mullahs have been.

I don't disagree that Iran now is oppressive, but would that have happened without our intervention?

I don't disagree that Iran now is oppressive, but would that have happened without our intervention?
Yes, the “popularly elected” government was openly pro-Soviet and would either have invited the Soviets in like Afghanistan did, or become a home-grown communist country like Venezuela did. Either way it would have become a failed, totalitarian state.

Jimmy Carter: I would like everything on Aliens
George Bush CIA Direcgtor: You don't have a need to know. Go fuck yourself.
Jimmy Carter: I'm the President boy
George Bush: Go fuck yourself sir.

Jimmy Carter: I would like everything on Aliens
George Bush CIA Direcgtor: You don't have a need to know. Go fuck yourself.
Jimmy Carter: I'm the President boy
George Bush: Go fuck yourself sir.

Um.. George H.W. Bush wasn't CIA director when Carter was president. He tendered his resignation when President Ford left office. He was succeeded by Stansfield turner.

The real problem is that probably like every president, he asks about the aliens, and gets told that, um, no almost all UFO stories are either hoaxes of misidentifications of prosaic objects. And after being disappointed, he just forgets about the subject.

(If any of you people actually think UFO's or Aliens are real, I'll be happy to straighten you out. )

Forum List

Back