The Age of Lincoln

You know, I hear Lincoln was an ass man.

Abe was as hated in his time as George W. is today, so that is undoubtedly a nasty rumor made up and floated by his enemies. Abe’s all-consuming interest was not sex but reading and developing his mind, which proved to be such a benefit to him and this country in our greatest time of need.

Abe was as hated in his time as George W. is today, so that is undoubtedly a nasty rumor made up and floated by his enemies. Abe’s all-consuming interest was not sex but reading and developing his mind, which proved to be such a benefit to him and this country in our greatest time of need.

Actually, it is a reference to the short lived sitcom The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer starring Chi McBride. The character Desmond Pfeiffer was a black British gentleman who was run out of England after being accused of cheating at cards. He took a job as butler to a perpetually horny Abraham Lincoln in the White House during the Civil War.

It was a joke.

whoa

"Abraham Lincoln, Southern Conservative"

Boy, is that language abuse or revisionism on the higher level. Didn't he preside over the fight against the South and were not all the southern conservatives for slavery and secession?

"Lincoln warned the South in his Inaugural Address: "In your hands, my dissatisfied fellow countrymen, and not in mine, is the momentous issue of civil war. The government will not assail you.... You have no oath registered in Heaven to destroy the government, while I shall have the most solemn one to preserve, protect and defend it."

Forum List

Back