Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You are born again as another living thing

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You become spiritual oneness with the universe

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Funny, many believe that IS THE LIFE! But they call it the after life... anyway.

Do you believe in an afterlife? If so, what do you think it is?
If not, why do you think we are here - or is there no reason?
Don't forget Purgatory.

You are obviously not up on your Catholic doctrine.

Or else you slept through catechism.

Catholicism is cultish and very damaging

No Catholicism is not a cult, it the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, what is a cult is Evangelicals and Fundamentalist. Without RC you would not have the Bible or Christianity.

In a sense, but, if God willed it, someone else would have put together a Bible.
God never "blessed" any particular "book" - in fact, we really don't know what God approves of or not to be honest.

The Catholic church puts too much emphasis on the Priests etc., as a way to God. If you want to take credit for the Bible, it says no such thing. In fact, it says the opposite, that we each have a direct relationship with God.

I heard it was amazing, like living on easy street by taking the blue pill in the Matrix... You get to continue being a numbskull for the rest of your life saying and doing stupid things that injure yourself and the people that you love without incurring any guilt as long as you get down on your knees before the tortured image of a dying man on a cross and pretend to be sorry every other Sunday and high holiday.
I never could understand why God has to have a dead Jew on a stick at churches..

I think it was just a perverse fourth century Roman joke to make an open demonstration of hatred for the Jewish God, a desecration of the teachings of Jesus, and a "celebration" of his torture and death their national religion.

So you are saying Jesus is a jewish God?

No. The mass is an open demonstration of hatred for the Jewish God. The holiest act of the church is a brazen and contemptuous expression of defiance for the divine commands mingled with the desecration of the teachings of Jesus, a Jewish man, and celebration of his torture and death..

in short an abomination that causes desolation.

We consume him. Have you not heard of transubstantiation??

We consume him? Do you have any inking how insane that is?

And as far as transubstantiation, yeah, I heard about it.

I would love to help you out but you would have to be opened to it.

There was never a time when a human being could say alakazam over a lifeless piece of bread and turn it into an edible living god.

It is just a lie.

but you already know this don't you.

I never could understand why God has to have a dead Jew on a stick at churches..

I think it was just a perverse fourth century Roman joke to make an open demonstration of hatred for the Jewish God, a desecration of the teachings of Jesus, and a "celebration" of his torture and death their national religion.

No. The mass is an open demonstration of hatred for the Jewish God. The holiest act of the church is a brazen and contemptuous expression of defiance for the divine commands mingled with the desecration of the teachings of Jesus, a Jewish man, and celebration of his torture and death..

There was never a time when a human being could say alakazam over a lifeless piece of bread and turn it into an edible living god.

It is just a lie.

And you should see how the Eastern Orthodox do the Eucharist, communal spoon. The only part fundies and evans do not take literally is the last supper. That is what the Mass is all about.

Funny, many believe that IS THE LIFE! But they call it the after life... anyway.

Don't forget Purgatory.

No Catholicism is not a cult, it the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, what is a cult is Evangelicals and Fundamentalist. Without RC you would not have the Bible or Christianity.

In a sense, but, if God willed it, someone else would have put together a Bible.
God never "blessed" any particular "book" - in fact, we really don't know what God approves of or not to be honest.

The Catholic church puts too much emphasis on the Priests etc., as a way to God. If you want to take credit for the Bible, it says no such thing. In fact, it says the opposite, that we each have a direct relationship with God.

I know they take so much after the Jewish Sanhedrin. Better a Priest than a preacher.

Don't forget Purgatory.

I know they take so much after the Jewish Sanhedrin. Better a Priest than a preacher.

No the Bible says you have an intermediary which is Jesus. He is the High Priest. As above so below.
In Genesis it says to man (Adam) from dust you came to dust you shall return, but then in Maccabees 2 they say prayers and give tithes for the Jews found dead. Do you have those books in your Bible? By the time of the NT, some believed in reincarnation.

It is just a lie.

And you should see how the Eastern Orthodox do the Eucharist, communal spoon. The only part fundies and evans do not take literally is the last supper. That is what the Mass is all about.

The Mass is a reflection of one of the seven sacraments practiced in the worship of mithras where devotees held services in candlelit caves, wore bloody animal pelts, chanted magic spells, lived austere lives, and partook in the divine nature of mithras by eating consecrated bread..

Thats what you are mixed up in.

As the Messiah Jesus spoke words from God, teaching from above that must be consumed by the ear and digested by understanding to receive the life from above.

Last edited:

It is just a lie.

The Mass is a reflection of one of the seven sacraments practiced in the worship of mithras where devotees held services in candlelit caves, wore bloody animal pelts, chanted magic spells, lived austere lives, and partook in the divine nature of mithras by eating consecrated bread..

Thats what you are mixed up in.

As the Messiah Jesus spoke words from God, teaching from above that must be consumed by the ear and digested by understanding to receive the life from above.

Are you saying Rome wrote the Last Supper in the NT???

What is it about this you do not understand:
Matthew 26:26-29New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

The Lord’s Supper. 26>While they were eating, Jesus took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and giving it to his disciples said, “Take and eat; this is my body.”27 Then he took a cup, gave thanks,c] and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, from now on I shall not drink this fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it with you new in the kingdom of my Father.”

Also in Acts as told by Paul.

Last edited:
Are you saying Rome wrote the Last Supper in the book of John???
No.

According to the gospel of John the only talk about eating flesh or drinking blood happened before the last supper where Jesus clearly explains the metaphor in John 6:63;

" The spirit alone gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are both spirit and life."

and the disciples confirm their belief in his explanation for flesh and blood in John 6:68.

"Your word are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God."

The only person given bread by Jesus during the last supper according to John is Judas as a way for Jesus to identify his betrayer.

"As soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him." John 13:27

Be opened. See whats there.

Last edited:
Are you saying Rome wrote the Last Supper in the book of John???
No.

According to the gospel of John the only talk about eating flesh or drinking blood happened before the last supper where Jesus clearly explains the metaphor in John 6:63;

" The spirit alone gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are both spirit and life."

and the disciples confirm their belief in his explanation for flesh and blood in John 6:68.

"Your word are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God."

The only person given bread by Jesus during the last supper according to John is Judas as a way for Jesus to identify his betrayer.

"As soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him." John 13:27

Be opened. See whats there.
Matthew 26:26-29New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

The Lord’s Supper. 26>While they were eating, Jesus took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and giving it to his disciples said, “Take and eat; this is my body.”27 Then he took a cup, gave thanks,c] and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, from now on I shall not drink this fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it with you new in the kingdom of my Father.”

recorded history has no period where the 4th century bible reflected in real life the events of the 1st century irregardless the worshiping of Jesus, an established path of enlightenment by those entrusted with its interpretation - what has prevailed is the original spoken religion that manifests the correct path despite the prevailing conditions that have always worked to mute its message. the spoken religion employed by the characture of Jesus.

" He who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself."
1 Corinthians 11:28-30New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

Your point?

By doing what you do at mass without discerning the subject of what actually constitutes the Body of Christ, Words from God not bread made by nuns, you are eating and drinking your way into damnation.

" He who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself."
1 Corinthians 11:28-30New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

Your point?

By doing what you do at mass without discerning the subject of what actually constitutes the Body of Christ, Words from God not bread made by nuns, you are eating and drinking your way into damnation.

True one must be self reflective before engaging in communion, and the wafer or host while made by nuns and others needs to be blessed by the Priest before it turns into the body of Christ.

What kind of Christian are you, one who eats crackers and grape juice once a month.

Christ is not consumed. And communion can and should be done at any time, anywhere and should be done often. It is merely a remembrance of what Christ did for our sake.
Do it in the morning with a piece of toast and a sip of coffee. It is not the protocol that is important. It is the act of remembering our Lord's sacrifice that we need to be thoughtful about.

After life is simply a continuation of life. You never stop existing. We are made in the image of our Father. Spirits never cease to exist. Not God, not Christ, not Satan, not man.
When our bodies give out we step right out of them like an astronaut steps out of his space suit.
Where you step out is determined by whether or not you allowed Christ to redeem your soul. We are sojourners here on earth.

Last edited:
Christ is not consumed. And communion can and should be done at any time, anywhere and should be done often. It is merely a remembrance of what Christ did for our sake.
Do it in the morning with a piece of toast and a sip of coffee. It is not the protocol that is important. It is the act of remembering our Lord's sacrifice that we need to be thoughtful about.

You do not get the Eucharist , the real deal.

After life is simply a continuation of life. You never stop existing. We are made in the image of our Father. Spirits never cease to exist. Not God, not Christ, not Satan, not man.
When our bodies give out we step right out of them like an astronaut steps out of his space suit.
Where you step out is determined by whether or not you allowed Christ to redeem your soul. We are sojourners here on earth.

funny how you quote the bible for everything and think toast is his body. Who is our Father, Yahweh? The jewish tribal war god. How do you even know what God would look like, you really think we look like him or her?

You seem to think that wafers and grape juice are?
There isn't one Bible quote there. But it IS what the Bible says. Stop adding to it.
Here is the quote from Christ as to why:
"Do this in remembrance of me."
The cracker isn't important. Wine isn't necessary.
Remembrance is.
Don't wait for your church to offer the opportunity. Do it often.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back