Zone1 the 2 fallacies in saying : All Scripture is inspired by God not sinful men

Sorry but you confused me when you wrote "it is a worldwide failure for that reason". I took that to be a reference to Protestant's sola scriptura.
WE have on here an all-or-nothing that is very anti-intellectual
Yes, Protestantism largely stinks but if becoming a Baptist/Methodist/whatever puts you on a true path to God , THAT is good.
You gotta get on the road first, then you travel it.

LOUIS JORDAN song
Right track wrong train (echoes)
Right track wrong train (echoes)
I'm not to blame (echo)
Right track wrong train, train train train hey !

kkk

Does that make them all equal?

Isn't that what Protestants believe, by scripture alone?
As religion is about GOD it makes all respnosibility devolve on YOU ...religion is an intermediary.You can be in the right religion and still go to Hell.

Is the opposite also true? Can you be in the wrong religion and still go heaven?
You can't be in a religion that results from your laziness or triviality. God expects you to do your part and if you investigate, pray, depend on God and act....It is hard to see that His Mercy will not continue to help you. But forget the once-for-all premise of most answers.
IF TODAY you hear His voice harden not your hearts.

kkk

Does that make them all equal?

Isn't that what Protestants believe, by scripture alone?
NO, their Pope Luther said that the Catholic Pope was wrong to have the extra 7 books in the Bible.
Sola Scriptura has to start with a Pope to tell you what is Scripture !!!

You can't be in a religion that results from your laziness or triviality. God expects you to do your part and if you investigate, pray, depend on God and act....It is hard to see that His Mercy will not continue to help you. But forget the once-for-all premise of most answers.
IF TODAY you hear His voice harden not your hearts.
So anyone who stays in the religion of their parents may be in trouble. That's the vast majority of people.

So anyone who stays in the religion of their parents may be in trouble. That's the vast majority of people.
Or...it gives them a leg up on their own studies and adventures. It does happen that way as well.

Or...it gives them a leg up on their own studies and adventures. It does happen that way as well.
Sure can, but the vast majority of believers don't convert and I doubt very many, seriously study other religions and then choose to remain in their own.

Sure can, but the vast majority of believers don't convert and I doubt very many, seriously study other religions and then choose to remain in their own.
It's like this: It's not that astronomers don't know oceanography, it's that they know space better. There is only so much time in a day--or one's life. When one finds a treasure that holds much for them, they are not that excited about leaving that treasure behind. It is those who do not find/see the treasure in their parent's home who should do serious study in other religions/faiths.

So scripture is inspired by God using sinful man. It is your 3rd fallacy to split that apart
The way I see it the books were written by fallible men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit which used their fallibility to write these accounts in certain ways for certain purposes known only to the infallible Holy Spirit. Not much different than how we navigate the complexities of life today. In a logical universe everything is connected to everything else.

Forum List

Back