Zone1 the 2 fallacies in saying : All Scripture is inspired by God not sinful men

You are to do your best to investigate,act on conscience, pray and then act in the awareness that you need God's help.
You can't knowingly be in the wrong religion and go to Heaven but is that your real question?
Obviously to remain in the dark is a moral failing if it is only because of you that you are in the dark.
There are a billion Muslims, are they all going to hell?

somebody once asked St Jerome about the value of reading the apocryphal Gospels and he said "One should always look in the pantry for food before looking for it in the garbage" that is my view also
Ironic that men decided if a gospel is the word of God.

So are you saying it was good to drop bombs on Japan????????? IF not then you are arguing AGAINST abortion
I think it was horrendous that we dropped the bombs. The only thing worse would have been not dropping the bombs.

And you seem to miss the connection: IF a mother can kill her baby all other evils are excused by the existence of that horror.
Not everyone considers the DNA in a fertilized egg to be a baby with the more rights than an adult human. In fact the, I'd say the majority of Americans would agree. Even Alabama couldn't bless IVF fast enough.

In what way??? Jesus said (to a very specific group) "HE WHO HEARS YOU HEARS ME" so the true irony is you saying God is not able to use men at all and men trump even Omnipotence. THAT is beyond logic :)

I think it was horrendous that we dropped the bombs. The only thing worse would have been not dropping the bombs.

Not everyone considers the DNA in a fertilized egg to be a baby with the more rights than an adult human. In fact the, I'd say the majority of Americans would agree. Even Alabama couldn't bless IVF fast enough.
YOU ARE A STUPID BACKWOODS MORON WITH A COMPUTER, NO, that is not historical what you say
So here is the historical and scientific stuff your lazy asss avoids knowing about

When does human life begin?
In an article titled “I Asked Thousands of Biologists When Life Begins. The Answer Wasn’t Popular,” Steve Jacobs summarizes research he did for his dissertation on the abortion debate:

I surveyed thousands of Americans using Amazon’s MTurk service. I found that most Americans believe that the question of “when life begins” is an important aspect of the U.S. abortion debate (82%); that most believe Americans deserve to know when a human’s life begins in order to give informed consent to abortion procedures (76%); and that most Americans believe a human’s life is worthy of legal protection once it begins (93%). Respondents also were asked: “Which group is most qualified to answer the question, ‘When does a human’s life begin?’” They were presented with several options—biologists, philosophers, religious leaders, Supreme Court Justices and voters. Eighty percent selected biologists, and the majority explained that they chose biologists because they view them as objective experts in the study of life.

What did the Founders say and succeeding generations?

When the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted in 1868, the states widely recognized unborn children as persons. Twenty-three states and six territories referred to the fetus as a “child” in their laws prohibiting abortion. Twenty-eight classified abortion as an “offense against the person,” or a functionally equivalent classification. These statutes were enacted in recognition of unborn human beings’ full and equal membership in the human family. In Ohio, the same legislature that ratified the Fourteenth Amendment in January 1867 passed legislation criminalizing abortion at all stages just three months later. Several senators who voted for the Fourteenth Amendment’s ratification sat on the committee that reviewed the anti-abortion bill. They acknowledged in their report that “physicians have now arrived at the unanimous opinion that the foetus in utero is alive from the very moment of conception,” and declared on that basis that abortion “at any stage of existence” is “child-murder.” In light of the historical evidence, there can be little doubt that the original public meaning of the term “person” in 1868 included unborn children.

YOU ARE A STUPID BACKWOODS MORON WITH A COMPUTER, NO, that is not historical what you say
So here is the historical and scientific stuff your lazy asss avoids knowing about

In an article titled “I Asked Thousands of Biologists When Life Begins. The Answer Wasn’t Popular,” Steve Jacobs summarizes research he did for his dissertation on the abortion debate:

When the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted in 1868, the states widely recognized unborn children as persons. Twenty-three states and six territories referred to the fetus as a “child” in their laws prohibiting abortion. Twenty-eight classified abortion as an “offense against the person,” or a functionally equivalent classification. These statutes were enacted in recognition of unborn human beings’ full and equal membership in the human family. In Ohio, the same legislature that ratified the Fourteenth Amendment in January 1867 passed legislation criminalizing abortion at all stages just three months later. Several senators who voted for the Fourteenth Amendment’s ratification sat on the committee that reviewed the anti-abortion bill. They acknowledged in their report that “physicians have now arrived at the unanimous opinion that the foetus in utero is alive from the very moment of conception,” and declared on that basis that abortion “at any stage of existence” is “child-murder.” In light of the historical evidence, there can be little doubt that the original public meaning of the term “person” in 1868 included unborn children.

What about women and negroes?

This is in Logic is the classic false question. IF Jesus is the Son of God why would there even be a legitimate question about Momon or Muslim writings ??????

"I HAVE THE WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE"
So that makes everything else NA

Muhammad was a messenger not a Messiah.

What percentage of pregnancies in the US are unintended?

Unintended pregnancy is common in the United States; the most recent estimate is that almost 60 percent of all pregnancies are unintended, either mistimed or unwanted altogether.

National Center for Biotechnology Information › NB...
Demography of Unintended Pregnancy - The Best Intentions

YOu have a history of stupid childish non-replies given in a smug "don't I have a way with words" way that makes you a laughingstock
IT does :)

The different Bible stories from Judah and Israel were edited and combined in the 5th century BC under King Omri when he was trying unsuccessfully to reunite the two.

To recap:
somebody once asked St Jerome about the value of reading the apocryphal Gospels and he said "One should always look in the pantry for food before looking for it in the garbage" that is my view also
My reply: Ironic that men decided if a gospel is the word of God.
In what way??? Jesus said (to a very specific group) "HE WHO HEARS YOU HEARS ME" so the true irony is you saying God is not able to use men at all and men trump even Omnipotence. THAT is beyond logic :)
There are many Gospels, mostly written anonymously. Who decided which are scripture and which are garbage? Men did. Maybe they were guided by God but it still took centauries to form the final cannon and there is no universal agreement on it.

So are the apocryphal Gospels the word of God? Can the word of God be 'garbage'?

When the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted in 1868, the states widely recognized unborn children as persons. Twenty-three states and six territories referred to the fetus as a “child” in their laws prohibiting abortion. Twenty-eight classified abortion as an “offense against the person,” or a functionally equivalent classification. These statutes were enacted in recognition of unborn human beings’ full and equal membership in the human family. In Ohio, the same legislature that ratified the Fourteenth Amendment in January 1867 passed legislation criminalizing abortion at all stages just three months later. Several senators who voted for the Fourteenth Amendment’s ratification sat on the committee that reviewed the anti-abortion bill.
So you want a concensus? How about the American people:

About six-in-ten Americans say abortion should be legal in all or most cases

They acknowledged in their report that “physicians have now arrived at the unanimous opinion that the foetus in utero is alive from the very moment of conception,” and declared on that basis that abortion “at any stage of existence” is “child-murder.” In light of the historical evidence, there can be little doubt that the original public meaning of the term “person” in 1868 included unborn children.
Asking physicians today might give a very different answer: Why Science Can't Say When a Baby's Life Begins

I noticed the 'in utero'. Does that mean IVF is OK and a fertilized egg is not a human being unless it is in the mother?

Just what al fool would say :)
Everything in a separate box, that is how dumb people 'think'
SO it's either God or men ,...why 'because God who created man cannot do anything with man?"
So stupid that I will stop answering you..You know men wrote it but you don't disqualify it on that grounds. do you not see how stupid that 'reasoning' is.

Just what al fool would say :)
Everything in a separate box, that is how dumb people 'think'
SO it's either God or men ,...why 'because God who created man cannot do anything with man?"
So stupid that I will stop answering you..You know men wrote it but you don't disqualify it on that grounds. do you not see how stupid that 'reasoning' is.
I will miss your insults so I'll leave you with one last thought. If ONE God can do anything he wants with men, why did he choose to do so many different things with different men? Why did he ignore the Aztecs for so long? Why was Luther's message so different from Leo X's message? What did God choose to do with Mohammad or the Buddha?

I will miss your insults so I'll leave you with one last thought. If ONE God can do anything he wants with men, why did he choose to do so many different things with different men? Why did he ignore the Aztecs for so long? Why was Luther's message so different from Leo X's message? What did God choose to do with Mohammad or the Buddha?
Well the illogicality of this is worth dealing with.

You assume 3 things that are all wrong
1) That God would violate the freedom of Luther and the Aztecs is silly but that He would and could bring a greater good is in line with everything we know about God. And you have to agree (if you say those people did evil , it means they did what God does not want)
and if God is good you have to admit that... God,” writes Augustine, “judged it better to bring good out of evil, than to suffer no evil to exist.”

2) You are wrong to say that there is no good in Buddha. Even in the Christian and Jewish conceptions there is progressive revelation.This is a most serious error on your part. A Christian or Jew cannot say that because something is only partly good it is all bad !!!!
JH NEWMAN
I do not undervalue at all the advantage of institutions which, though not Catholic, keep out evils worse than themselves. Some restraint is better than none: systems which do not simply inculcate divine truth, yet serve to keep men from being utterly hardened against it, when at length it addresses them; they preserve a certain number of revealed doctrines in the popular mind; they familiarize it to Christian ideas; they create religious associations; and thus, remotely and negatively, they may even be said to prepare and dispose the soul in a certain sense for those inspirations of grace, which, through the merits of Christ, are freely given to all men for their salvation, all over the earth. It is a plain duty, then, not to be forward in destroying religious institutions, even though not Catholic, if we cannot replace them with what is better; but , from fear of injuring them, to shrink from saving the souls of the individuals who live under them, would be worldly wisdom, treachery to Christ, and uncharitableness to His redeemed

3) Finally you have entirely inverted your own premise. If you assume God is evil then you have to explain the GOOD

Forum List

Back