The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose: protections against a tyrannical government.
Donald Trump is trying to take away the 1st amendment.
Most Trump supporters are sticklers on the 2nd amendment.
If you are a true believer in the constitution you should protect the 1st amendment as much as the 2nd amendment.

In today's world the 1st amendment is a realistic tool against a tyrannical government.
I do not feel owning all the guns in the world will protect you from an oppressive government today. Our government has many more weapons than guns.

You sound, well, brain washed. Reduce your consumption of radical left talking points immediately.
Please explain the flaw in my argument.

When you make a rational argument then we can discuss. Your OP is bonkers :cuckoo: Look president Trump is not trying to take away the 1st amendment and furthermore has no power to do so.

You libs can't seem to make up your mind. First you say Trump is a blithering idiot, then you say he's an evil genius so brilliant he's destroying your entire world, so which is it?

You sound, well, brain washed. Reduce your consumption of radical left talking points immediately.

You have made no argument.

Do you think the 1st amendment is as important as the 2nd amendment. I am sure your answer is yes.

Yes.

Trump is trying undermine the freedom of the press.

No.

Pretty simple.

I noticed that. You should stop it.

Do you think the 1st amendment is as important as the 2nd amendment. I am sure your answer is yes.

Pretty simple.

That's not the press, that's a corrupted dishonest propaganda ministry. President Trump would bend over backwards to meet with an honest, unbiased free press corps sadly that no longer exists in this country.

The only people proving themselves a threat to free speech are on the left...

1iwu80.gif

Maybe we should all remember this blast from the past (2009)

Ironically, current CNN host and Trump critic Brian Stelter wrote the article.

It begins:

Attacking the news media is a time-honored White House tactic but to an unusual degree, the Obama administration has narrowed its sights to one specific organization, the Fox News Channel, calling it, in essence, part of the political opposition.

We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent,” said Anita Dunn, the White House communications director, in a telephone interview on Sunday. “As they are undertaking a war against Barack Obama and the White House, we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

In 2009, the White House's position on Fox News was that it was "an opponent," at "war(!)" with the White House. And that they were not, in fact, a legitimate news organization.

They were to be treated as fake news. It was White House policy.

You Democrats should really look back to how obama dealt with the opposition before you get all bent out of shape by the same kind of treatment from Donald Trump.

Pretty simple.

That's not the press, that's a corrupted dishonest propaganda ministry. President Trump would bend over backwards to meet with an honest, unbiased free press corps sadly that no longer exists in this country.
Please tell me what is the real press.

Maybe we should all remember this blast from the past (2009)

Ironically, current CNN host and Trump critic Brian Stelter wrote the article.

It begins:

Attacking the news media is a time-honored White House tactic but to an unusual degree, the Obama administration has narrowed its sights to one specific organization, the Fox News Channel, calling it, in essence, part of the political opposition.

We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent,” said Anita Dunn, the White House communications director, in a telephone interview on Sunday. “As they are undertaking a war against Barack Obama and the White House, we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

In 2009, the White House's position on Fox News was that it was "an opponent," at "war(!)" with the White House. And that they were not, in fact, a legitimate news organization.

They were to be treated as fake news. It was White House policy.

You Democrats should really look back to how obama dealt with the opposition before you get all bent out of shape by the same kind of treatment from Donald Trump.
It is not right for Obama it is not right for Trump.
The quote above proves my point

How is Trump trying to undermine freedom of the press? Is he shutting down newspapers that don't support him? Is he having the broadcast license of networks that don't support him pulled? Is he censoring what reporters can write and say? Unless the answer to one or more of these is yes then I don't see anything being undermined.

The 1st and 2nd amendments had the same purpose: protections against a tyrannical government.
If you are a true believer in the constitution you should protect the 1st amendment as much as the 2nd amendment.

In today's world the 1st amendment is a realistic tool against a tyrannical government.
I do not feel owning all the guns in the world will protect you from an oppressive government today. Our government has many more weapons than guns.

Please...try really, really hard.......what is Trump doing that takes away the 1st Amendment......? Is it because he brought in more press to the press briefings....? Can you actually point to one thing other than him calling out the dishonest press?

The only people proving themselves a threat to free speech are on the left...

1iwu80.gif
I am talking about freedom of the press not freedom of speech.

But it is not right for anyone to suppress speech or the press.

You make my point

Yeah...again...how is Trump doing this?

In what way is Donald Trump "trying to take away the 1st Amendment?"

Now here are DOCUMENTED attacks by you Soros Soldiers on the 1st.

{
Who could forget the performance of then-UN ambassador Susan Rice who, five days after the Benghazi attack that took the life of the American ambassador, went on national TV and blamed the attacks on an anti-Islam video shown on YouTube?

This followed by two days Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s similar claim, and all of it despite the fact that senior Administration officials knew at the time that Benghazi was a premeditated attack that had nothing to do with the video

The Federal Election Commission is another federal agency that, by the actions of some of its commissioners, today threatens free speech. As reported by FEC Commissioner and former chairman Lee Goodman, the Commission has recently been the scene of tie votes on matters related to online political speech through such as websites, blogs, and podcasts.

The current chairwoman of the FEC, Ann Ravel, has expressed an interest in regulating such speech (even where the content is distributed online for free, as with videos posted on YouTube), despite the Commission’s vote in 2006 designating such content outside the purview of the FEC. }

Obama's legacy: The trashing of free speech

Let's not for get speech codes that are enforced that will destroy anyone who uses prohibited words or ideas. Allah forbid you say faggot, or even worst the dreaded "N" word, which no white DARE utter under severe penalty.

Here are direct attacks on the 1st by the Soros Army for both speech and religion.

• That a youth minister be prohibited from leading students at Hollister Middle School in prayer during their lunch period. The youth minister has agreed to stop leading the prayers, but FFFR continues to demand that all ministers be banned from engaging the students at school.
  • That the Tipton School Board stop offering opening prayers at their meetings.
  • That students at Tipton High School must stop singing “Blest Be the Tie” at their annual awards banquet.
  • That an image depicting Jesus be removed from the school library where it has hung since given to the school in 1952 in remembrance of a student who died from polio.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

There's nothing in the Constitution that says the president has to talk to reporters who lie and attack him constantly. He gets to choose who he talks to. They don't get to harass and heckle him at will. That isn't free speech. Free speech is when he has the freedom not to talk to those asshats.

So sad to see you guys like this.

Forum List

Back