That Obamacare penalty will be bigger than you think

I hate it when people never blame the government considering THEY are the ones that paved the way for this shit to happen!

So you're laboring under the delusion that health insurance was all lollipops and kittens prior to 2014.

I guess we'll see.
If it does,there goes any chance at quality healthcare in this country.

Because every single country with single-payer insurance is so profoundly unhappy with it that they've abandoned it? Not.

Yours is an interesting perspective. You're aware of the pitfalls of for-profit insurers, but you see single-payer as a threat. Is there a third option other than "If you can't pay for your $100,000 a year treatment, just die"?

I have first hand knowledge of the canadian healthcare system and have had discussions with people from the UK ..they universally say it sucks.
Unless of course you're a government tit sucker than it's great I suppose.

I hate it when people never blame the government considering THEY are the ones that paved the way for this shit to happen!

So you're laboring under the delusion that health insurance was all lollipops and kittens prior to 2014.

I guess we'll see.

Because every single country with single-payer insurance is so profoundly unhappy with it that they've abandoned it? Not.

Yours is an interesting perspective. You're aware of the pitfalls of for-profit insurers, but you see single-payer as a threat. Is there a third option other than "If you can't pay for your $100,000 a year treatment, just die"?

I have first hand knowledge of the canadian healthcare system and have had discussions with people from the UK ..they universally say it sucks.

That's anecdotal evidence from two countries out of how many? While the UK system is the prototype - and the most mistakes are inevitably made in the prototype - the stats for both the UK and Canada look like this:

20030325_1.gif

Be interesting to see how the Australian and French models compare (I may have to look that up), particularly the French model, which would be the optimal one to adapt to the U.S.

I guess we'll see.

That's anecdotal evidence from two countries out of how many? While the UK system is the prototype - and the most mistakes are inevitably made in the prototype - the stats for both the UK and Canada look like this:

20030325_1.gif

Be interesting to see how the Australian and French models compare (I may have to look that up), particularly the French model, which would be the optimal one to adapt to the U.S.

And where exactly are you getting your numbers?
Both my Aunt and Cousin worked in the canadian healthcare system and said it pales in comparison to the quality in the U.S.
In fact that same cousins friend came to Houston for cancer care at MD Anderson because the canadian healthcare system wasnt up to the task.

And the horror stories I heard about and witnessed in the UK were very eye opening.

I guess we'll see.

20030325_1.gif

And where exactly are you getting your numbers?
Both my Aunt and Cousin worked in the canadian healthcare system and said it pales in comparison to the quality in the U.S.
In fact that same cousins friend came to Houston for cancer care at MD Anderson because the canadian healthcare system wasnt up to the task.

And the horror stories I heard about and witnessed in the UK were very eye opening.

The source: Healthcare System Ratings: U.S., Great Britain, Canada

No idea how many patients were polled, but I'm guessing your anecdotal horror stories would fall into the "very dissatisfied" cohort.

Anybody beside me remember when Queen Nancy and Dingy Harry told us:

"You have to vote on it to learn what's in it."

How's that Hope and Change working for you?

I guess we'll see.

Nope. But the main problems with healthcare, costs, didn't even get addressed! Its a goddamn fools party.
In many ways it did get addressed, and this is just off of the top of my head....having everyone with health insurance eventually lowers the costs of hospitals and eventually the health Insurance costs for everyone, this is what the Republicans believed about a mandate and I can logically understand how they believe that will help, at least to the point of not having health care insurance go up in double digits year after year at the same rate they were rising prior to the ACA.

the insurance companies have to put back in to the insurer policies more benefits or reduce the price of their premiums when their profit reaches a certain point.

certain penalties for hospitals that have readmitted patients for a medical problem they did not solve the first time patients were admitted, before they released them. Re-admissions of patients made costs and prices go up for medical care that could have been less if taken care of the first time the patients are admitted....this has been working to reduce costs from what I have read.

there are several other provisions written in to the bill that do give savings, if you google it, there will be articles on the saving measures in the bill....

however, I agree with you that there is not enough!!!

Anybody beside me remember when Queen Nancy and Dingy Harry told us:

"You have to vote on it to learn what's in it."

How's that Hope and Change working for you?

The correct quote is "We [Congress] have to pass the bill so you [the media and the public] know what's in it."

If anyone here knows of another instance in which the media was given the text of a bill before it became law, I'm sure they'll post it here.

It takes a special kind of stupid to say "Ima pay the penalty and get nothing and if I get sick I'll go to the ER. That'll show Obama!"

I still don't understand why liberals are always so sick and accident prone?

35 years and counting I have not been to a quack.
Goes along with them being overly sensitive whiny asses. They are also hypochondriac's.

Once again they use dishonesty and deflection. What's new? They just hope someone will fall for it. I don't think many will, as this hit people in their pocketbooks, when they are already slim to begin with.
That would be the members of Congress who are in the pockets of the insurers. If you want to eliminate the middleman, you need to vote these people out of office.
So we should vote out all the dems and leave the repubs? lol

You should inform yourself:
Health$2009.png
How many republicans voted for ACA?

Disingenuous question is disingenuous.
So you post that but wont answer my question?
Let me re-word it.. what does that have to do with the ACA?

And if you are honest, you will also tell people you can pay for the differences in cost either on the front end or back end. Take your pick.
So republicans voted for it?

As I say, obvious to those who understand how things work in Congress. To others, not so much.

BCBS Wanted a 55% increase on our policy this year which would have put or monthly premium at around $1500.00 a month. Needless to say we're looking at other options.
This shit is getting ridiculous.

And you're informed enough to realize you have other options, as opposed to the chronic whiners.

However, I'm wondering whether your state has an insurance exchange and, if so, whether you've consulted it? You might find lower-premium options.

So once again the "Ima talk about you like you're not here" crowd subscribes to the silly notion that only "liberals" have illnesses, despite the evidence all around them. Talk about cognitive dissonance...

And if you are honest, you will also tell people you can pay for the differences in cost either on the front end or back end. Take your pick.

As I say, obvious to those who understand how things work in Congress. To others, not so much.

BCBS Wanted a 55% increase on our policy this year which would have put or monthly premium at around $1500.00 a month. Needless to say we're looking at other options.

And you're informed enough to realize you have other options, as opposed to the chronic whiners.

However, I'm wondering whether your state has an insurance exchange and, if so, whether you've consulted it? You might find lower-premium options.

We were discussing insurance. For which you pay premiums before you need it, just as you would with any other kind of insurance. Your post seems to be referring to something else.

I guess we'll see.

Of course the government isnt going to give up control of the population once they get it.
And yes single payer is a threat...to quality healthcare.
Why should I get substandard care and pay for others substandard care?
It's way fucked up that I should not only have to pay more for my coverage that is substandard so someone else can get it for free.
Add to that that I absolutely dont want the government to have that kind of control over my life and it's a no go for me.

I guess we'll see.

Of course the government isnt going to give up control of the population once they get it.
It's way fucked up that I should not only have to pay more for my coverage that is substandard so someone else can get it for free.
Add to that that I absolutely dont want the government to have that kind of control over my life and it's a no go for me.

So you're sticking to your cherished opinion regardless of any evidence presented to the contrary. That's honest.

Ok, you honestly don'-t know. Sad. You either pay for higher premiums upfront and less deductbles or lower premiums and higher deductibles on the back end. You pay either way..
And if you are honest, you will also tell people you can pay for the differences in cost either on the front end or back end. You pay either now or then. Take your pick.

We were discussing insurance. For which you pay premiums before you need it, just as you would with any other kind of insurance. Your post seems to be referring to something else.

I guess we'll see.

So you're sticking to your cherished opinion regardless of any evidence presented to the contrary. That's honest.

If things are so great in canada why do they come here for healthcare?
You either pay for higher premiums upfront and less deductbles or lower premiums and higher deductibles on the back end. You pay either way..

Yes, and -?

People that used to be able to afford quality healthcare are now priced out of those plans forcing them to accept substandard care that cost more than their previous policy...thats fair how?
Talk about punishing success and rewarding failure..

You said there were better deals out there. Not really. Depends on if you want it up front on behind. That is not a better option.

Premium vs deductible is part of it. Income is another. Many people are eligible for subsidies and don't even know it.

If things are so great in canada why do they come here for healthcare?
Who’s “they”? Canada vs. US Health Care Systems - Debunking Health Care Myths - AARP

People that used to be able to afford quality healthcare are now priced out of those plans forcing them to accept substandard care that cost more than their previous policy...

You’re saying you believe that there are superior/inferior treatments based on what you pay for insurance? I’ll need something more than your opinion on that.

Forum List

Back