Thanks for having me...

Number_58

Rookie
Apr 30, 2012
NW Missouri
First I'll introduce myself...I'm, as you can see, Number_58. I'm just a scoach to the right of most conservatives and am of the opinion that there are very few people in Washington DC that would meet the muster of the Founding Fathers.

I am a strong advocate of following the Constitution as a written document, not a living one. If the founders had meant for the Constitution to be a living document, they would not have included a method of amending it. Ergo, I think that the first Amendment to the Constitution that the federal government should consider before passing any type of legislation is the 10th Amendment...if the subject being considered does not appear in the US Constitution, that means it's not any of their business and it should be left to the states to decide.

I don't envy the wealth of others. That being said, I don't believe they should be made responsible for financing the entire bill, for the expenses of governing a nation, that everyone benefits from. One of the only things that Obama has ever said that I agree with is that..."everyone should have some skin in the game".

It would take hours and several paragraphs to list all of my convictions, as they relate to politics, here. However, any questions you have regarding my position can be asked in a reply...it's probably pretty easy to answer for yourself though, if you reread the second paragraph in my introduction.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the battlefield.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here. I also believe many of the things you seem to believe in.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Being over a 10 year veteran of political chat boards...and having pissed off both Democrats and Republicans (especially recently)...I doubt there is anyone on this board with the skills to rattle me in the slightest bit.

But I appreciate the "warning".

I don't know...but one should volunteer a more detailed question if one expects a detailed answer. Sorry, I don't answer vagueness and ambiguity.

First I'll introduce myself...I'm, as you can see, Number_58. I'm just a scoach to the right of most conservatives and am of the opinion that there are very few people in Washington DC that would meet the muster of the Founding Fathers.

I am a strong advocate of following the Constitution as a written document, not a living one. If the founders had meant for the Constitution to be a living document, they would not have included a method of amending it. Ergo, I think that the first Amendment to the Constitution that the federal government should consider before passing any type of legislation is the 10th Amendment...if the subject being considered does not appear in the US Constitution, that means it's not any of their business and it should be left to the states to decide.

I don't envy the wealth of others. That being said, I don't believe they should be made responsible for financing the entire bill, for the expenses of governing a nation, that everyone benefits from. One of the only things that Obama has ever said that I agree with is that..."everyone should have some skin in the game".

It would take hours and several paragraphs to list all of my convictions, as they relate to politics, here. However, any questions you have regarding my position can be asked in a reply...it's probably pretty easy to answer for yourself though, if you reread the second paragraph in my introduction.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the battlefield.

Number_58, it is great to have another of "like mind" on board. I look forward to your many contributions and welcome your presence.

Thanks for an excellent introduction, sharing yourself and beliefs, with those of us who welcome them. :)

Athena*

Oh contraire...I'm quite adept in my Constitutional knowledge...oh, and since it appears to me that you are like the typical leftwing ideologue...and for your information...I don't read rightwing blogs, don't listen to talk radio entertainers, and don't watch FoxNews...I am not a supporter of George Bush as he and his cronies in Congress were the one that completely soured me on the Republican Party. So, when you address me, put your broad brush back in your pocket and address the issue. I'm not interested in conversing with someone that lumps every conservative into their narrow view of the values you feel apply to all of them.

And, if this is the way you approach every conservative...you're correct...this will be amusing...for me.

no no jillian ....i am pretty sure its you that he is talking to.....perhaps the emu....but that only pisses off the emu.....

all i hear is blah blah blah blah.....

and fyi...del.....i have been on the net and on messageboards for longer than 10 years....i was on the net when it was fun....and all.....

do not underestimate how damned old i am......

someday i will tell you ....when i thought 'pillow talk' was the only room in excite...and couldnt figure out why everyone thought this was a good idea....then someone showed me the
drop box with other options .....

so i been on the net longer than you.....i wonder if there is a youtube for this?

It's "he" and like I said, "10 year veteran of political chat boards"...my lifetime experience goes much deeper than that...as I'm sure you will discover on the battlefield...with the caveat that you are actually discussing the issues out there...not items like Romney putting his pooch on the roof of the car.

Being over a 10 year veteran of political chat boards...and having pissed off both Democrats and Republicans (especially recently)...I doubt there is anyone on this board with the skills to rattle me in the slightest bit.

But I appreciate the "warning".

Number 58? Is that a sports reference?

Forum List

Back