Thanks for having me...

Oh contraire...I'm quite adept in my Constitutional knowledge...oh, and since it appears to me that you are like the typical leftwing ideologue...and for your information...I don't read rightwing blogs, don't listen to talk radio entertainers, and don't watch FoxNews...I am not a supporter of George Bush as he and his cronies in Congress were the one that completely soured me on the Republican Party. So, when you address me, put your broad brush back in your pocket and address the issue. I'm not interested in conversing with someone that lumps every conservative into their narrow view of the values you feel apply to all of them.

And, if this is the way you approach every conservative...you're correct...this will be amusing...for me.

10 years and you haven't learned how to use the "Quote" function??

:eusa_eh:
Dammit! :lol:

That's fine...as long as she understands that the Constitution can't be used as circumstantial evidence that the Founders were liberal and wanted our country to follow Europe's lead regarding politics...you know, like most liberals do.
Ha! Weren't you the one who was just cautioning against using a broad brush? Why, yes - you were!

A wingnut AND a hypocrite.

In other words...all decision made after judicial review are gospel? How do you feel regarding the Citizen's United decision? Let me guess, that's an exception...

don't pretend you know what i'm going to say... unless you're someone's sock, you've been here about 3 minutes...

citizens united is the worst decision made by the court since Dred Scott and Plessy v Ferguson...

it's also the law until a better court shows up or the constitution is amended to fix it (which it won't be).

I blame Buckley v. Valeo for laying the groundwork.

First I'll introduce myself...I'm, as you can see, Number_58. I'm just a scoach to the right of most conservatives and am of the opinion that there are very few people in Washington DC that would meet the muster of the Founding Fathers.

I am a strong advocate of following the Constitution as a written document, not a living one. If the founders had meant for the Constitution to be a living document, they would not have included a method of amending it. Ergo, I think that the first Amendment to the Constitution that the federal government should consider before passing any type of legislation is the 10th Amendment...if the subject being considered does not appear in the US Constitution, that means it's not any of their business and it should be left to the states to decide.

I don't envy the wealth of others. That being said, I don't believe they should be made responsible for financing the entire bill, for the expenses of governing a nation, that everyone benefits from. One of the only things that Obama has ever said that I agree with is that..."everyone should have some skin in the game".

It would take hours and several paragraphs to list all of my convictions, as they relate to politics, here. However, any questions you have regarding my position can be asked in a reply...it's probably pretty easy to answer for yourself though, if you reread the second paragraph in my introduction.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the battlefield.

Love is a battlefield.......great song by Pat Benatar....

Anywho....hello and welcome.........

58...would that be your age??.....your year of birth??......your waist size??...or your I.Q.??
My....aren't we all just a friendly little bunch :lol:

Dammit! :lol:

I know how to use it...just choose not to. I view forums in threaded mode...that way I don't have to guess...you know, like you guys must have to...regarding who is posting to me and who's posting to someone else.

so bite me...

Ah...but I didn't use a broad brush...see I qualified my comment...if you need me to explain what qualifying a statement means...let me know.

You have the tendency to use words like typical. It is a form of broad brush whether you admit it or not. Using the qualifier, I think, just means YOU are using the broad brush, it doesn't mean one isn't being used.

First I'll introduce myself...I'm, as you can see, Number_58. I'm just a scoach to the right of most conservatives and am of the opinion that there are very few people in Washington DC that would meet the muster of the Founding Fathers.

I am a strong advocate of following the Constitution as a written document, not a living one. If the founders had meant for the Constitution to be a living document, they would not have included a method of amending it. Ergo, I think that the first Amendment to the Constitution that the federal government should consider before passing any type of legislation is the 10th Amendment...if the subject being considered does not appear in the US Constitution, that means it's not any of their business and it should be left to the states to decide.

I don't envy the wealth of others. That being said, I don't believe they should be made responsible for financing the entire bill, for the expenses of governing a nation, that everyone benefits from. One of the only things that Obama has ever said that I agree with is that..."everyone should have some skin in the game".

It would take hours and several paragraphs to list all of my convictions, as they relate to politics, here. However, any questions you have regarding my position can be asked in a reply...it's probably pretty easy to answer for yourself though, if you reread the second paragraph in my introduction.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the battlefield.

What an introduction! lol.
Anyways, welcome. hoping for a nice discussion with you.:eusa_angel:

New Topics

Forum List

Back