Thank You, President Obama!

Versus the 77% that says they are Conservative or Moderate?

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

Obama won self identified moderates by 2 to 1 in 2008. Kerry won moderates by 9 points in 2004 while losing overall.

People who self identify as moderates are generally more left of center than right of center.
And why is it that Obama won so many moderates? 2 reasons.

1. White racial guilt. They were worried about being called racist for not voting for the black man.

2. GOP big government spending had outraged even the moderates and they voted for hoaxy changy.

That's fascinatingly ludicrous, since the only race category that John McCain won was Whites.

The amusing subtext in the post above is the attempt to explain away any Democratic victory as having to have been some sort of anomaly, some sort of peculiarity, some sort of mass episode of irrationality by the voters. White guilt...lol...

Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative. This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal.
Looks like 58% of Americans are either moderate or liberal.

Problem with conservatives is that they are moving more to satisfy the "very conservative" element while driving away the moderates (RINOs)
Looks like your eyes glazed over before you got to the bold sentence
:eusa_shhh:

RW, remember that BigFitz is not a conservative; he's a reactionary. However, his implied parallel to the GOP in 1992 compared to today is dead on: the GOP has nothing until it does something constructive. It hasn't, it won't this summer, and it will remain in the minority of November 3.

If that finding were true, wouldn't conservatives be running the show?

Real world conservatives and internet forum conservatives are two different animals. In a poll like this, people like John McCain (and even to the left of John McCain) commonly call themselves 'conservative',

but what do internet forum conservatives call McCain?

Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative. This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal.
Looks like 58% of Americans are either moderate or liberal.

Problem with conservatives is that they are moving more to satisfy the "very conservative" element while driving away the moderates (RINOs)
Looks like your eyes glazed over before you got to the bold sentence
:eusa_shhh:

Why would my eyes glaze over?

Its the same percentage of self described liberals when the Democrats drove the GOP into exile.

The problem then as it is now for conservatives is that they have driven away the moderates and ceded the middle ground to the Democrats.

Republicans have 41% of the Senate. They need to get people elected with (R) next to their names. To do so, they should be embracing republicans who favor gay marriage, are tolerant of abortion rights, admit to the need for healthcare and even think that global warming exists.
Instead, they label them RINOs and drive them from the party

No way to take back political control

But your links do not document reality. That is what you tried to with the Joseph McCarthy piece some time ago and got blown out of the water. Simple fact. And that bias distorts how you use evidence. Your bias blinds you.

You are, of course, incorrect once again.

Simply because you did not agree with me about a true American hero, Senator McCarthy, you, in a most disingenuous manner, refuse to accept the veracity of the links.

But your links do not document reality. That is what you tried to with the Joseph McCarthy piece some time ago and got blown out of the water. Simple fact. And that bias distorts how you use evidence. Your bias blinds you.

You are, of course, incorrect once again.

Simply because you did not agree with me about a true American hero, Senator McCarthy, you, in a most disingenuous manner, refuse to accept the veracity of the links.

I refuse to accept your premise (your new definition of your own reality) and thus the misapplication of the evidence from the links.

Just because you say "blue" is "green" does not make it so, regardless what source A then says to back it up.

Sorry, PC, you don't get to redefine the world.

RW, remember that BigFitz is not a conservative; he's a reactionary.

Please, define for me "reactionary". I doubt you even understand what it is.

However, his implied parallel to the GOP in 1992 compared to today is dead on: the GOP has nothing until it does something constructive.

My God! It's a red letter day. The first time ever Jake Starkey got a damn thing right!

Unbefuckinglievable.

and it will remain in the minority of November 3.

:::Cupping hand to ear::: what was that? Let them eat cake? You bet. Keep on keeping on and you'll see how minor the patriots of this nation are when they run your asses out of power on a rail.

Can't wait for the indictments to start falling like rain on all the corrupt fucks in both parties who have ruined this nation and their cheering sections.

Sorry, PC, you don't get to redefine the world.

The Left's day of defining it has now passed. Get ready to being forced to live in the real world where it doesn't nicely conform to your spun little boxes..

I see the majority of independents moderate to right. The Tea Baggers are pushing the GOP further to the right, away from the majority of voters. It will become apparent as time goes on. The GOP will allow itself to be dominated by the Tea Baggers, until only the extreme right will be accepted into their party.

The November elections will begin the process. By 2012, the GOP will be totally dependent of Tea Party support for its candidates. The GOP may very well cease to exist, unless it becomes a branch of the Tea Bagger Express.

I heard the same thing about the Dems before November of 2006.

I'm not predicting anything major myself, because I see both sides having problems which could lose them votes.

If one were to put a gun to my head, though, I guess I'd say the Dems narrowly hang on to a majority in both Houses.

The reactionary right has offered absolutely nothing to change real America's mind why it threw the bums out in 2006 and 2008. The true patriots of the nation are those in the majority in office today, and they will not permit the weak-assed reactionary right to block policy beginning next January: the Dems will rule through reconciliation. SCOTUS has indicated it will not get involved, and the Republicans will have fallen on their swords.

The reactionaries such as the Big Meow will continue loathing they have to live in the real word.

I see the majority of independents moderate to right. The Tea Baggers are pushing the GOP further to the right, away from the majority of voters. It will become apparent as time goes on. The GOP will allow itself to be dominated by the Tea Baggers, until only the extreme right will be accepted into their party.

The November elections will begin the process. By 2012, the GOP will be totally dependent of Tea Party support for its candidates. The GOP may very well cease to exist, unless it becomes a branch of the Tea Bagger Express.

I heard the same thing about the Dems before November of 2006.

I'm not predicting anything major myself, because I see both sides having problems which could lose them votes.

If one were to put a gun to my head, though, I guess I'd say the Dems narrowly hang on to a majority in both Houses.

The Senate will have 56 or 57, very easily enough for reconciliation, the House will have a majority of 20 to 25. The GOP will look back and see they had a chance to influence legislation as junior partners and blew it with "no". They will have to sit on the sidelines and cry as the rest of America laughs at the once-was now wannabees.

real America

And who pray tell is this? It sure as hell ain't the left who spit on the accomplishments of our founding fathers.

There ya have it, folks:

Daring to question cons' views on the Founding Fathers = spitting on their accomplishments.
Do you think the Founding Fathers were pathetic, whiney little bitches who were dependent on the government, or were they men of action who weren't going to tolerate an intolerable situation?

Your kind would have stayed subjects of King George and informed on the revolutionaries.

And who pray tell is this? It sure as hell ain't the left who spit on the accomplishments of our founding fathers.

There ya have it, folks:

Daring to question cons' views on the Founding Fathers = spitting on their accomplishments.
Do you think the Founding Fathers were pathetic, whiney little bitches who were dependent on the government, or were they men of action who weren't going to tolerate an intolerable situation?

I thought they were very wise men who recognised times were going to change beyond the times they were living in when they started the US government. As a result the country's been chugging along just fine despite warnings from reactionaries, who end up getting left in the dust.

But hey, if you want to emulate the view of them you put forth above, go ahead. Bear in mind, though, that if you take it too far, you might find your views aren't as popular as you thought...

timothy-mcveigh-1-sized.jpg

There ya have it, folks:

Your kind would have stayed subjects of King George and informed on the revolutionaries.
Ding! And now you see that we have come full circle. Except this time, it is a national government, from the people, divorced of the people, to rule the people.

Notice, he did not answer the question. Only attempted to smear me. I guess the addage is right, when you can't argue facts, smear.

I would like an explanation then on how seeking to destroy the foundations of this nation enshrined in the constitution is patriotic OR supporting of the founding fathers? Please, do elucidate.

I thought they were very wise men who recognised times were going to change beyond the times they were living in when they started the US government.
Can you make a clear case for them supporting the citizenry being dependent on government?
As a result the country's been chugging along just fine despite warnings from reactionaries, who end up getting left in the dust.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. /Inigo Montoya
But hey, if you want to emulate the view of them you put forth above, go ahead. Bear in mind, though, that if you take it too far, you might find your views aren't as popular as you thought...
No need for that. The ballot box is the only weapon necessary.

Oh, and the "conservatives are all proto-terrorists" bit is funny. Are you really that scared of different ideas?

I don't put a lot of stock into polls generally speaking, but this one tickled my fancy since I've been watching it for a while.

I find it interesting that even among the registered parties you still have small contingents that believe themselves the opposite.

That is because just because you are a conservative does not mean you have to be a republican and visa verse. There are liberal Republicans and there are conservative democrats. they just are not the norm.

No need for that. The ballot box is the only weapon necessary.

Oh, and the "conservatives are all proto-terrorists" bit is funny. Are you really that scared of different ideas?

Well, good to see you feel that way. I didn't say "conservatives are all proto-terrorists", though.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back