Thank You, President Obama!

The T, drink in hand: "mufmble grf buggersnit rumble bucket huh? snh . . . snort".

Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative. This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal.

Looks like 58% of Americans are either moderate or liberal.

Problem with conservatives is that they are moving more to satisfy the "very conservative" element while driving away the moderates (RINOs)
Versus the 77% that says they are Conservative or Moderate?

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

Strange how you assume the Conservatives will capture the moderate vote while they have done nothing to appeal to moderates.

Simply put....42% of very conserative or conservatives need to capture some of the 38% of the moderate vote.

If this was your objective, would you move to the right or move to the center?

Thanks to the Tea Baggers, the GOP is moving to the right

Once again leaving the center to the Democrats

Problem with conservatives is that they are moving more to satisfy the "very conservative" element while driving away the moderates (RINOs)

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

Strange how you assume the Conservatives will capture the moderate vote while they have done nothing to appeal to moderates.

Simply put....42% of very conserative or conservatives need to capture some of the 38% of the moderate vote.

You are half right, the Republicans are running to the right. The Dems are running to the left, the Middle is fucked.

Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative. This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal.

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

Obama won self identified moderates by 2 to 1 in 2008. Kerry won moderates by 9 points in 2004 while losing overall.

People who self identify as moderates are generally more left of center than right of center.

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

Obama won self identified moderates by 2 to 1 in 2008. Kerry won moderates by 9 points in 2004 while losing overall.

People who self identify as moderates are generally more left of center than right of center.

And the good news? Obama is losing them in droves.

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

Losing them to who?

You have to understand that to gain the moderate vote you have to appeal to moderates. So suppose you are a moderate who dreams of fiscal conservatism. But the GOP packages fiscal conservatism with social conservatism. There is no middle ground with the GOP. Any candidate who supports fiscal conservatism must also oppose healthcare, gay rights, abortion rights and the whole rightwing package.
The idea that Republicans drive out RINOs means they also drive away moderates who may lean to the Republican cause.

To get moderates you need a BIG TENT. Setting absolute principles on every issue gives you a very small tent

I see the majority of independents moderate to right. The Tea Baggers are pushing the GOP further to the right, away from the majority of voters. It will become apparent as time goes on. The GOP will allow itself to be dominated by the Tea Baggers, until only the extreme right will be accepted into their party.

The November elections will begin the process. By 2012, the GOP will be totally dependent of Tea Party support for its candidates. The GOP may very well cease to exist, unless it becomes a branch of the Tea Bagger Express.

Losing them to who?

You have to understand that to gain the moderate vote you have to appeal to moderates. So suppose you are a moderate who dreams of fiscal conservatism. But the GOP packages fiscal conservatism with social conservatism. There is no middle ground with the GOP. Any candidate who supports fiscal conservatism must also oppose healthcare, gay rights, abortion rights and the whole rightwing package.
The idea that Republicans drive out RINOs means they also drive away moderates who may lean to the Republican cause.

To get moderates you need a BIG TENT. Setting absolute principles on every issue gives you a very small tent
:eusa_eh:

Losing them to who?

That is simply not true, If you piss moderates off enough they will simply vote for the other guy, the other guy does not even have to have any ideas at all. That is exactly what has been happening in America for years. the pendulum swings back and forth from one party to another. The moderates being the ones swinging it as they vote in their reactionary way, and all you have to do is look at the history of our modern elections to see that. Also, the republicans are in fact saying things, that would appeal to the very people that Obama and the Dems are pissing off. Despite the Media spin that they are simply the party of no. The filibuster of the Unemployment and state aid bill being just one example of republicans standing up and saying enough is enough. Stop the spending with out paying for it first. Which is oddly enough one of the main reasons Obama is losing Moderates. Go figure lol.

Nothing can help the Dems now come November, and none of your cute theories on how Moderates vote will change that, Obama has 2 more years so he still has time to change minds and win another term, but it is already to late for the Congressional Democrats in the mid terms. The only question is how bad is it going to be. My guess is pretty ugly :)

Last edited:
I don't put a lot of stock into polls generally speaking, but this one tickled my fancy since I've been watching it for a while.

I find it interesting that even among the registered parties you still have small contingents that believe themselves the opposite.

In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals

But really... I think that we conservatives can finally thank Obama for waking up the mushy moderate middle and force them to pay attention to what's being done in their nation and clarify what they are more clearly.

We are a center--right nation--always has been--always will be. Where politicians get us--is they campaign in the center--then jump to the extreme left once elected.

$obama-speech.jpg

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

regardless of which way you spin the numbers there is a definite REALITY across America that is decidely LIBERAL;

gays are out and about everywhere!
nobody cares!

that's how liberal most people are

blacks and whites/minorities marry and nobody bats an eye

that is how liberal most people are

women in the military institutes

blacks, gays, women in powerful and prominent position in business, politics, military

the whole country is begining to rethink antiquated and overly punitive marijauna laws

most people have sex before marriage

nobody stays in bad marriages anymore

gays are beginning to get marriage rights

gays already HAVE spousal rights

these are all very liberal positions

regardless of who/whom claims to be conservative.....
it's a very liberal country

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

regardless of which way you spin the numbers there is a definite REALITY across America that is decidely LIBERAL;

gays are out and about everywhere!
nobody cares!

that's how liberal most people are

blacks and whites/minorities marry and nobody bats an eye

that is how liberal most people are

women in the military institutes

blacks, gays, women in powerful and prominent position in business, politics, military

the whole country is begining to rethink antiquated and overly punitive marijauna laws

most people have sex before marriage

nobody stays in bad marriages anymore

gays are beginning to get marriage rights

gays already HAVE spousal rights

these are all very liberal positions

regardless of who/whom claims to be conservative.....
it's a very liberal country

You're referring to social issues--and I know gays that are extremely conservative when it comes to fiscal responsiblity--and other issues like that. Just because they have a different sexual preference doesn't mean they're stupid when it comes to government.

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

And as the tea party movement grows, it seems the conservative base grows and the moderates shrink... I wonder why that is?

The American Public awakes...

>Yawn....smack smack...< What the hell's going on around here? What are you idiots doing to this nation? Oh this shit's gonna stop and stop now! This isn't good and I'm not going to put up with it anymore.

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

And why is it that Obama won so many moderates? 2 reasons.

1. White racial guilt. They were worried about being called racist for not voting for the black man.

2. GOP big government spending had outraged even the moderates and they voted for hoaxy changy.

I don't put a lot of stock into polls generally speaking, but this one tickled my fancy since I've been watching it for a while.

I find it interesting that even among the registered parties you still have small contingents that believe themselves the opposite.

In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals

But really... I think that we conservatives can finally thank Obama for waking up the mushy moderate middle and force them to pay attention to what's being done in their nation and clarify what they are more clearly.
Well, the first red flag in the survey is there are 5 choices and only 3 results!

There were 2 choices each for Libs and CON$ but only 1 choice for Mods. I wonder what the results would have been if there were only 3 choices, Lib, Mod, or CON. I suspect very different or the right wing Gallup people would not have used 5 choices to get the results they wanted.

In reality, the country is mostly moderate, and Libs and CON$ are both minorities.

Last edited:

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

Actually the right wing whack jobs think they will win the moderates by insulting them! :cuckoo:

June 25, 2010
RUSH: Now, that's fine and dandy, but moderates are liberals without the guts to say so. Moderates are a bunch of liberals who think they're smarter than everybody else, more tolerant than everybody else and less judgmental than everybody else, and more open-minded than everybody else.

Yeah, I can see.... ;)

And why is it that Obama won so many moderates? 2 reasons.

1. White racial guilt. They were worried about being called racist for not voting for the black man.

2. GOP big government spending had outraged even the moderates and they voted for hoaxy changy.
Bull crap and number one is racist ON YOUR PART....don't ya think?

try one word for your answer

MCCAIN

stop blaming others for YOUR LOSSES....that ain't cool or smart or unbiased....

Care

Forum List

Back