Thank you, Matisyahu, for uncovering circus behind Anti-Israel groups

Thank you, brother: Although BDS supporters and Antisemitic crowd tried to prevent his arriving in Spain, Matisyahu stood and sang in Rototom festival, performing his song "Jerusalem" ("If I forget you") in front of a crowd waving PLO flags (crowd who paid to see him, helping his career in process, just to wave a flag, may I add).

This is how he was recieved
55d962ff06961e211.jpg

And yet he remained proud and did his thing:

"Jerusalem, if I forget you
Fire not gonna come from me tongue
Jerusalem, if I forget you
Let my right hand forget what its supposed to do

In the ancient days, we will return with no delay
Picking up the bounty and the spoils on our way
We've been traveling from state to state
And them don't understand what they say

Three thousand years with no place to be
And they want me to give up my milk and honey
Don't you see it's not about the land or the sea
Not the country but the dwelling of his majesty"

Puke, all of you are anti Semitic, esp when it comes to the Palestinians, Persians, and most Arabs. Anti Semitic calling others anti-Semitic, so funny.

If Jerusalem meant so much to jews they would of never left. Good grief. It was the last resort.

Jews never 'left' by their will , they were exiled numerous times after fighting great civiliztions.
Always prayed facing Jerusalem-Zion, swearing for it daily and coming back during all those
centuries.
Penelope your lies about history dishonor You and make Your words worthless.

So he eventually found his mixture of christianity and judaism?

Puke, all of you are anti Semitic, esp when it comes to the Palestinians, Persians, and most Arabs. Anti Semitic calling others anti-Semitic, so funny.

If Jerusalem meant so much to jews they would of never left. Good grief. It was the last resort.

If Palestine meant so much to the arab muslims they would not have left either, so what is your point ?

Thank you, brother: Although BDS supporters and Antisemitic crowd tried to prevent his arriving in Spain, Matisyahu stood and sang in Rototom festival, performing his song "Jerusalem" ("If I forget you") in front of a crowd waving PLO flags (crowd who paid to see him, helping his career in process, just to wave a flag, may I add).

This is how he was recieved
55d962ff06961e211.jpg

And yet he remained proud and did his thing:

"Jerusalem, if I forget you
Fire not gonna come from me tongue
Jerusalem, if I forget you
Let my right hand forget what its supposed to do

In the ancient days, we will return with no delay
Picking up the bounty and the spoils on our way
We've been traveling from state to state
And them don't understand what they say

Three thousand years with no place to be
And they want me to give up my milk and honey
Don't you see it's not about the land or the sea
Not the country but the dwelling of his majesty"

Thank you for this post. Shows how morally bankrupt and fascistic Palestine supporters truly are.

israel-flag-o.gif

Miller’s support for Israel
But was Miller really targeted just because he was Jewish?

Or was it because of his long, public record of supporting in word and by deed Israel’s violations of Palestinian rights?

BDS País Valencià have explained in a statement why they contacted the festival: “The reasons for our outrage was clear in our messaging: Matisyahu’s repeated defense of Israeli war crimes and gross violations of human rights, incitement to racial hatred and connections to extremist and violent fundamentalist groups in Israel stand in direct contradiction to the human rights and peace principles and spirit of this festival.”

Their goal was to hold the festival accountable to its stated goal of supporting “peace, equality, human rights and social justice.”

A native New Yorker, Miller has certainly never needed to be coerced to declare that “I’m a strong supporter of Israel.” But he has gone far beyond that.

He has headlined fundraisers for Friends of the IDF, a group that raises money for and glorifies the Israeli army of occupation. His work has also been used in official Israeli propaganda videos.

In April, he performed at the policy conference of AIPAC, the most powerful Israel lobby group in the US.

The same month he also performed at a pro-Israel festival in New Orleans, organized by Chloe Valdary, the Christian Zionist rising star of US pro-Israel activism.

Valdary’s Allies of Israel group, which sponsored the festival, has been funded by the extreme anti-Palestinian organization CAMERA, according to Times of Israel.

Backed flotilla attack
Miller was vocal in his support for Israel’s attack on the Gaza-bound flotilla in May 2010, which killed 10 people aboard the Mavi Marmara.

“Whether or not the ships should have been bringing aid to Gaza, those territorial waters belong to Israel – it’s internationally agreed,” he claimed in an interview with The Jewish Chronicle.

“Do you honestly believe that, if someone was in the English Channel, the British navy would do anything but blow the crap out of the boat, just blow it out of the water?” he added. “But still people are going to think Israel behaved horribly.”

“No other country,” Miller asserted “would put up with the crap that Israel does.”

Palestine didn’t exist
This wasn’t the only occasion Miller has used the platform he’s received as a musician to promote his anti-Palestinian views.

In a 2012 interview with The Cornell Sun, he promoted the position, popular among Zionist extremists, that Palestinians and their country are a recent invention.

“As far as I understand, there was never a country called Palestine,” he said. “Palestine was a creation that was created within Israel, as Israel had already come about.”

“Palestine” is in fact the only name for the land between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River that has historically been used by both Zionists and Palestinians.

Miller’s claim moreover that Palestine was “created within Israel” after “Israel had already come about” amounts to Nakba denial – the erasure from history of the1948 ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by Zionist militias.

Miller is at least consistent. In 2011, he tweeted out a notorious video called “The Truth about the West Bank” featuring then Israeli deputy foreign minister Danny Ayalon denying that the territory is occupied and justifying Israel’s settlements that are illegal under international law.
IT IS NOT ANTI-SEMITIC TO BOYCOTT MATESYAHU

Or was it because of his long, public record of supporting in word and by deed Israel’s violations of Palestinian rights?

BDS País Valencià have explained in a statement why they contacted the festival: “The reasons for our outrage was clear in our messaging: Matisyahu’s repeated defense of Israeli war crimes and gross violations of human rights, incitement to racial hatred and connections to extremist and violent fundamentalist groups in Israel stand in direct contradiction to the human rights and peace principles and spirit of this festival.”

Their goal was to hold the festival accountable to its stated goal of supporting “peace, equality, human rights and social justice.”

A native New Yorker, Miller has certainly never needed to be coerced to declare that “I’m a strong supporter of Israel.” But he has gone far beyond that.

He has headlined fundraisers for Friends of the IDF, a group that raises money for and glorifies the Israeli army of occupation. His work has also been used in official Israeli propaganda videos.

In April, he performed at the policy conference of AIPAC, the most powerful Israel lobby group in the US.

The same month he also performed at a pro-Israel festival in New Orleans, organized by Chloe Valdary, the Christian Zionist rising star of US pro-Israel activism.

Valdary’s Allies of Israel group, which sponsored the festival, has been funded by the extreme anti-Palestinian organization CAMERA, according to Times of Israel.

Backed flotilla attack
Miller was vocal in his support for Israel’s attack on the Gaza-bound flotilla in May 2010, which killed 10 people aboard the Mavi Marmara.

“Whether or not the ships should have been bringing aid to Gaza, those territorial waters belong to Israel – it’s internationally agreed,” he claimed in an interview with The Jewish Chronicle.

“Do you honestly believe that, if someone was in the English Channel, the British navy would do anything but blow the crap out of the boat, just blow it out of the water?” he added. “But still people are going to think Israel behaved horribly.”

“No other country,” Miller asserted “would put up with the crap that Israel does.”

Palestine didn’t exist
This wasn’t the only occasion Miller has used the platform he’s received as a musician to promote his anti-Palestinian views.

In a 2012 interview with The Cornell Sun, he promoted the position, popular among Zionist extremists, that Palestinians and their country are a recent invention.

“As far as I understand, there was never a country called Palestine,” he said. “Palestine was a creation that was created within Israel, as Israel had already come about.”

“Palestine” is in fact the only name for the land between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River that has historically been used by both Zionists and Palestinians.

Miller’s claim moreover that Palestine was “created within Israel” after “Israel had already come about” amounts to Nakba denial – the erasure from history of the1948 ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by Zionist militias.

Miller is at least consistent. In 2011, he tweeted out a notorious video called “The Truth about the West Bank” featuring then Israeli deputy foreign minister Danny Ayalon denying that the territory is occupied and justifying Israel’s settlements that are illegal under international law.
Falsely labeled "Palestinians" have the right to wallow in their self-created misery. That is one of the unfortunate consequences of Arabism and Islamism. A retrograde ideology that affirms only hate, self-hate and retrogression will have such an affect.

Backed flotilla attack

Palestine didn’t exist

Why does an artist known not to support the BDS circus is forced to issue a political statement in order to preform as he was initially invited to? Wait, why just him?

Not just him, It has Started and will expand

And all these events will eventually collapse through lack of support, then the BDS movement will be left with massive bills it cant pay

BDS has failed, all it can do is hang its hat on these token so called "victories" trying to ban artists or performances, which as we see turn out to be failures.

Backed flotilla attack

Palestine didn’t exist

Abdul, you got this from Electronic IntiFARTA? It is not anti-Semitic to boycott Matisyahu

ENGAGE FLUSH!

flushing_toilet.jpg

Forum List

Back