Thank you FDR

If Reagan defeated the USSR, he did it in name only and it was a temporary stalemate and holding tactic by the USSR. They let go of their costly acquisitions after WWII, retained a Federation and are now confronting the US on several fronts. We have the same Cold War enemy today as we had when Reagan came into and remained in office.......

I don't know if you get the news there in your 'assisted living' residence, but there is no USSR anymore.
Whats wrong with you [sic] reading comprehension. I said he got rid of it in name only and mentioned the Federation.

He defeated it in reality. There is no USSR anymore.
Not really. The collapse didn't come until years after he left office and he has to share the contribution he made with a bunch of others. Thatcher, Mitterrand and most importantly, Pope John Paul ll all contributed as much if not more than Reagan. Certainly the Pope gets more credit than Reagan. He started the cascading downfall before Reagan came into office.
I think Unk is very young and reads Ayn Rand all the time.

You don't think, and you are wrong - again.

If Reagan defeated the USSR, he did it in name only and it was a temporary stalemate and holding tactic by the USSR. They let go of their costly acquisitions after WWII, retained a Federation and are now confronting the US on several fronts. We have the same Cold War enemy today as we had when Reagan came into and remained in office.......

I don't know if you get the news there in your 'assisted living' residence, but there is no USSR anymore.
I don't know if you've notices, but in the Olympics previous to the last, the Russians were wearing Russian uniforms whilst in the last Olympics the Russians and their up and coming Federate nations, were wearing Russian Federation uniforms.
The USSR is as dead as the US.

The US is not dead, fool.
I smell an ad hominem.
It's close to being dead. A nation without borders is not a nation.
The colonists put their lives on the line to make a nation; most 3rd world citizens just walk away from their problems and right into the US.
The vanishing Middle Class will not be able to support the poor and eventually we will have blood in the streets.

didn't give them a chance to be good spies and saboteurs.

Who? The brave, loyal Americans who volunteered from inside the scumbag fdr's concentration camps and went on to form the most decorated unit in US military history? Those people, idiot?

I am a thinking person. That is wh I rarely engage with the cut and paste queen.

I do not have to prove your OPINION is wrong. It is simply baseless.and I said why that opinion is baseless.

Now perhaps if you were a thinking person, *you* would understand that. You know, instead of lashing out because I have the temerity to call you on your nonsense. Maybe you should work on that. You'll be less bitter in the long run.

1. "I am a thinking person. That is wh I rarely engage with the cut and paste queen."
You avoid same because I beat you like a rented mule.

2. "I have the temerity to call you on your nonsense."
Where did you do so?

Again....here...see if you can find any fault:
Reagan was a far better and more successful President.

FDR empowered the Soviet Communist empire, facilitating over 100 million dead and enslaved.

Reagan defeated same, and did so without firing a shot.

FDR extended the great recession into the Great Depression, while Reagan was responsible for a 25 year economic expansion.

Reagan believed in the Constitution, while Roosevelt shredded it.

No contest

Or....we stipulate that both of my posts were totally correct, and the best you can do is deny that that you cannot deny the truth of my post comparing FDR and Ronaldus Maximus.
None of that crap is true.
FDR was dead when WWII ENDED and it was Truman and later Eisenhower who allowed the USSR to gain power and fail to restrain their growth. There is no way to know for certain how FDR would have reacted at the end of the war. There is nothing to go on but speculation and opinion.

If Reagan defeated the USSR, he did it in name only and it was a temporary stalemate and holding tactic by the USSR. They let go of their costly acquisitions after WWII, retained a Federation and are now confronting the US on several fronts. We have the same Cold War enemy today as we had when Reagan came into and remained in office.

The thing you call a great recession was in fact The Great Depression which began with the market crash in 1929 and kept beyond government or anyone else's control with the Dust Bowl storms that destroyed huge portions of American agriculture and put millions on the unemployment rolls beginning in 1932 and persisting until 1940.

Reagan shredded the Constitution with Iran/Contra. He secretly engaged in a war when Congress told him not to. Only the Congress can send the nation to war. He ruled over the most corrupt administration in American history.

Every single thing in your attempted apologia of FDR is false.

And...the last item...
"Reagan shredded the Constitution with Iran/Contra. He secretly engaged in a war when Congress told him not to. Only the Congress can send the nation to war."

1. Two points should be made clear. The Democrat Congress was strongly in favor of the communists of Nicaragua, and the scandal was an attempt to tie the hands of the President, who was strongly anti-communist. And, two, congressional attempts to conduct foreign policy were, at the very least, constitutionally dubious. Reagan often complained that it was not possible to carry out foreign policy with 535 secretaries of state in Congress.
  2. See Locke’s “Second Treatise of Government,” the primary inspiration for the Declaration of Independence, for the nature of the prerogative in the executive branch. He defined it as “nothing but the power of doing public good without a rule.” http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtr11.htm and “Indeed, it is appropriate that thelaws themselvesshould in some casesgive wayto theexecutive power,…” John Locke's Second Treatise of Government Chapter 14
  3. The Iran-Contra scandal involved the sale of arms to Iran, basically to ransom American hostages that Islamic extremists held, and diverting proceeds from the sale to the Contras in Nicaragua. Neither the sale nor the diversions of funds were clear violations of existing laws: subsequent independent counsel investigations directly charged anyone with crimes for either the arms sales nor the diversions.
    1. "... reversal of NSC staff member Oliver North and National Security Adviser John Poindexter’s convictions. The Court of Appeals reversed their convictions because they successfully argued that witnesses in their trials might have been affected by publicized immunized congressional testimony, even though the prosecutors themselves had taken painstaking efforts to avoid encountering information about the hearings."
    Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Legal Aftermath (convictions: Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Legal Aftermath)

[The parallel investigation by Independent Counsel Lawrence Walsh secured criminal convictions of nearly a dozen senior administration officials and private citizens for acts such as perjury, conspiracy, fraud, and the destruction of evidence.
    Read more:Answers - The Most Trusted Place for Answering Life's Questions]
I'm certain you appreciate the education that I provide.
Bla bla bla. The rats got set free because they were supposed to have immunity for ratting each other out.

She's so brainwashed she can't formulate a coherent thought without cutting and pasting

OMG!!

I knew you were slow....but twice you've been given the opportunity to find any errors in the post you were carping about.

OK...OK....as a conservative is never so tall as when she stoops to teach a Liberal...

...here it is once more:

FDR empowered the Soviet Communist empire, facilitating over 100 million dead and enslaved.

FDR extended the great recession into the Great Depression, while Reagan was responsible for a 25 year economic expansion.

No contest.

Bet you still can't handle it.

I don't know if you've notices, but in the Olympics previous to the last, the Russians were wearing Russian uniforms whilst in the last Olympics the Russians and their up and coming Federate nations, were wearing Russian Federation uniforms.

I smell an ad hominem......

Stop using them and you won't stink so much. The US is nowhere near "dead." That is just ignorant, anti-American nonsense.

1. "I am a thinking person. That is wh I rarely engage with the cut and paste queen."

Where did you do so?

No contest

Or....we stipulate that both of my posts were totally correct, and the best you can do is deny that that you cannot deny the truth of my post comparing FDR and Ronaldus Maximus.
FDR was dead when WWII ENDED and it was Truman and later Eisenhower who allowed the USSR to gain power and fail to restrain their growth. There is no way to know for certain how FDR would have reacted at the end of the war. There is nothing to go on but speculation and opinion.

If Reagan defeated the USSR, he did it in name only and it was a temporary stalemate and holding tactic by the USSR. They let go of their costly acquisitions after WWII, retained a Federation and are now confronting the US on several fronts. We have the same Cold War enemy today as we had when Reagan came into and remained in office.

The thing you call a great recession was in fact The Great Depression which began with the market crash in 1929 and kept beyond government or anyone else's control with the Dust Bowl storms that destroyed huge portions of American agriculture and put millions on the unemployment rolls beginning in 1932 and persisting until 1940.

Reagan shredded the Constitution with Iran/Contra. He secretly engaged in a war when Congress told him not to. Only the Congress can send the nation to war. He ruled over the most corrupt administration in American history.

And...the last item...
"Reagan shredded the Constitution with Iran/Contra. He secretly engaged in a war when Congress told him not to. Only the Congress can send the nation to war."

1. Two points should be made clear. The Democrat Congress was strongly in favor of the communists of Nicaragua, and the scandal was an attempt to tie the hands of the President, who was strongly anti-communist. And, two, congressional attempts to conduct foreign policy were, at the very least, constitutionally dubious. Reagan often complained that it was not possible to carry out foreign policy with 535 secretaries of state in Congress.
  2. See Locke’s “Second Treatise of Government,” the primary inspiration for the Declaration of Independence, for the nature of the prerogative in the executive branch. He defined it as “nothing but the power of doing public good without a rule.” http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtr11.htm and “Indeed, it is appropriate that thelaws themselvesshould in some casesgive wayto theexecutive power,…” John Locke's Second Treatise of Government Chapter 14
  3. The Iran-Contra scandal involved the sale of arms to Iran, basically to ransom American hostages that Islamic extremists held, and diverting proceeds from the sale to the Contras in Nicaragua. Neither the sale nor the diversions of funds were clear violations of existing laws: subsequent independent counsel investigations directly charged anyone with crimes for either the arms sales nor the diversions.
    1. "... reversal of NSC staff member Oliver North and National Security Adviser John Poindexter’s convictions. The Court of Appeals reversed their convictions because they successfully argued that witnesses in their trials might have been affected by publicized immunized congressional testimony, even though the prosecutors themselves had taken painstaking efforts to avoid encountering information about the hearings."
    Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Legal Aftermath (convictions: Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs - The Legal Aftermath)

[The parallel investigation by Independent Counsel Lawrence Walsh secured criminal convictions of nearly a dozen senior administration officials and private citizens for acts such as perjury, conspiracy, fraud, and the destruction of evidence.
Bla bla bla. The rats got set free because they were supposed to have immunity for ratting each other out.

She's so brainwashed she can't formulate a coherent thought without cutting and pasting

OMG!!

I knew you were slow....but twice you've been given the opportunity to find any errors in the post you were carping about.

OK...OK....as a conservative is never so tall as when she stoops to teach a Liberal...

...here it is once more:

No contest.

Reagan's biggest contribution to America was when America was faced with her biggest problems, worst depression, worst war, Reagan joined other Americans and voted for FDR.

And...the last item...

OMG!!

...here it is once more:

No contest.

Reagan's biggest contribution to America was when America was faced with her biggest problems, worst depression, worst war, Reagan joined other Americans and voted for FDR.

And years later Reagan had to apologize for what that scumbag did.

I smell an ad hominem.
It's close to being dead. A nation without borders is not a nation.
The colonists put their lives on the line to make a nation; most 3rd world citizens just walk away from their problems and right into the US.
The vanishing Middle Class will not be able to support the poor and eventually we will have blood in the streets.

Unfortunately, Trump is the only one addressing the mass immigration issue. Even Bernie Sanders wants a path to citizenship for anyone from any where in the world who can sneak into this country and then announce "olly olly oxen free".

And...the last item...

OMG!!

...here it is once more:

No contest.

Franklin Roosevelt not only extended the Depression years longer than it should have required....with the concomitant difficulties that American citizens had to face....

....but, in following the dictates of his BFF, Joseph Stalin, he also extended WWII by several years.....

...with the concomitant deaths of American soldiers.

Yet, this day, the ignorant and/or doctrinaire Liberals, praise his failures.
Raise your paw.

Where did you do so?

No contest

And...the last item...

OMG!!

...here it is once more:

No contest.

You got responses and challenges to all of those claims. You did not answer them. You are just ignoring the challenges and moving on to a different poster with the same lies. I can call them lies now because you have been asked three times to respond to a rebuke of your claims and refused to do so. Now when you repeat your claims they are lies because you have been shown they are fraudulent.
The primary challenge made to you was to explain why you call 1929 to 1933 a recession enabling you to make the claim that FDR took the country from a recession into a depression. Explain how after the market crash of '29 and the Dust Bowl of '32 the country was not in the Great Depression. What data do you claim to have that makes 85 years of historians and scholars wrong and you right?

I would have to disagree. How many EO's did he sign? Didn't he mess with immigrants? Didn't he arm terrorists? Didn't he start the govt surveillance?
Yea, that isn't constitutional. At all.

And...the last item...

OMG!!

...here it is once more:

No contest.

You got responses and challenges to all of those claims. You did not answer them. You are just ignoring the challenges and moving on to a different poster with the same lies. I can call them lies now because you have been asked three times to respond to a rebuke of your claims and refused to do so. Now when you repeat your claims they are lies because you have been shown they are fraudulent.
The primary challenge made to you was to explain why you call 1929 to 1933 a recession enabling you to make the claim that FDR took the country from a recession into a depression. Explain how after the market crash of '29 and the Dust Bowl of '32 the country was not in the Great Depression. What data do you claim to have that makes 85 years of historians and scholars wrong and you right?

"The primary challenge made to you was to explain why you call 1929 to 1933 a recession enabling you to make the claim that FDR took the country from a recession into a depression. Explain how after the market crash of '29 and the Dust Bowl of '32 the country was not in the Great Depression. What data do you claim to have that makes 85 years of historians and scholars wrong and you right?"

Easy peasy lemon squeezy....

1. "America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed Woodrow Wilson who got America into World War I, ...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged.

2. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

3. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway! The unemployment rate continued to decline, reaching a low of 1.8% in 1926 – an extraordinary feat. Since then, the unemployment rate has been lower only once in wartime (1944), and never in peacetime.

4. ....when the Great Depression had been going for two years. Harding had the depression of 1920 licked in a year and a half, but under the "progressive" FDR, the Great Depression would persisted throughout the 1930s, until FDR began conscripting millions of young men for the armed forces."
America’s Greatest Depression*Fighter by Jim Powell
http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig4/powell-jim4.html
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell

I destroy you each and every time, don't I.
I must admit.....it's fun.

Last edited:
Warren G. Harding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey, PC...I like a Republican President who boosts the economy and lowers unemployment by spending Tax Payer money.
And other non-specific postings you care to make?

Embracing new technologies[edit]
The 1920s were a time of modernization for America. Use of electricity became increasingly common. Mass production of the motor car stimulated other industries, as well, such as highway construction, rubber, steel, and building, as hotels were erected to accommodate the tourists venturing upon the roads. This economic boost helped bring the nation out of the recession.[143] To improve and expand the nation's highway system, Harding signed the Federal Highway Act of 1921. From 1921 to 1923, the federal government spent $162 million on America's highway system, infusing the U.S. economy with a large amount of capital.[144] In 1922, Harding proclaimed that America was in the age of the "motor car", which "reflects our standard of living and gauges the speed of our present-day life."[145]

Harding had urged regulation of radio broadcasting in his April 1921 speech to Congress.[146] Commerce Secretary Hoover took charge of this project, and convened a conference of radio broadcasters in 1922, which led to a voluntary agreement for licensing of radio frequencies through the Commerce Department. Both Harding and Hoover realized something more than an agreement was needed, but Congress was slow to act, not imposing radio regulation until 1927.[147]

Harding also wished to promote aviation, and Hoover again took the lead, convening a national conference on commercial aviation. The discussions focused on safety matters, inspection of airplanes, and licensing of pilots. Harding again promoted legislation but nothing was done until 1926, when the Air Commerce Act created the Bureau of Aeronautics within Hoover's Commerce Department.[147]

Who? The brave, loyal Americans who volunteered from inside the scumbag fdr's concentration camps and went on to form the most decorated unit in US military history? Those people, idiot?
"Those people" must have loved FDR to volunteer to be in the military and become the most decorated unit even as the camps existed. Perhaps they more than others understood the period they were living in and what was happening and why some events were taking place. Then to reaffirm their loyalty as Democrats, when Hawaii became a state the Japanese-Americans in that new state elect a Democrat to the House of Reps.

Last edited:

And...the last item...

OMG!!

...here it is once more:

No contest.

And years later Reagan had to apologize for what that scumbag did.

No. I don't think he ever apologized for Lee Atwater.

Warren G. Harding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey, PC...I like a Republican President who boosts the economy and lowers unemployment by spending Tax Payer money.

The 1920s were a time of modernization for America. Use of electricity became increasingly common. Mass production of the motor car stimulated other industries, as well, such as highway construction, rubber, steel, and building, as hotels were erected to accommodate the tourists venturing upon the roads. This economic boost helped bring the nation out of the recession.[143] To improve and expand the nation's highway system, Harding signed the Federal Highway Act of 1921. From 1921 to 1923, the federal government spent $162 million on America's highway system, infusing the U.S. economy with a large amount of capital.[144] In 1922, Harding proclaimed that America was in the age of the "motor car", which "reflects our standard of living and gauges the speed of our present-day life."[145]

Harding had urged regulation of radio broadcasting in his April 1921 speech to Congress.[146] Commerce Secretary Hoover took charge of this project, and convened a conference of radio broadcasters in 1922, which led to a voluntary agreement for licensing of radio frequencies through the Commerce Department. Both Harding and Hoover realized something more than an agreement was needed, but Congress was slow to act, not imposing radio regulation until 1927.[147]

Harding also wished to promote aviation, and Hoover again took the lead, convening a national conference on commercial aviation. The discussions focused on safety matters, inspection of airplanes, and licensing of pilots. Harding again promoted legislation but nothing was done until 1926, when the Air Commerce Act created the Bureau of Aeronautics within Hoover's Commerce Department.[147]

Are you insane, getting really sloppy with your cut and paste or just promoting a really brazen lie? You just gave a review about the economy a dozen years preceding FDR. Nothing you have posted denies or even attempts to deny that the Great Depression was in full swing when FDR inherited it. You also make no reference to the effect of the Dust Bowl in '32.

Harding also wished to promote aviation, and Hoover again took the lead, convening a national conference on commercial aviation. The discussions focused on safety matters, inspection of airplanes, and licensing of pilots. Harding again promoted legislation but nothing was done until 1926, when the Air Commerce Act created the Bureau of Aeronautics within Hoover's Commerce Department.[147][/QUOTE]

Are you insane, getting really sloppy with your cut and paste or just promoting a really brazen lie? You just gave a review about the economy a dozen years preceding FDR. Nothing you have posted denies or even attempts to deny that the Great Depression was in full swing when FDR inherited it. You also make no reference to the effect of the Dust Bowl in '32.[/QUOTE]

Wait.....

Did you think that that was my post?

Have you been using a shopping cart at the liquor store?

Yo, PC, you posted rounded up Sound Bites lauding Harding.
He used TAX MONEY to end the Depression.
Are you suffering from Alzheimer's?

And...the last item...

OMG!!

...here it is once more:

No contest.

"The primary challenge made to you was to explain why you call 1929 to 1933 a recession enabling you to make the claim that FDR took the country from a recession into a depression. Explain how after the market crash of '29 and the Dust Bowl of '32 the country was not in the Great Depression. What data do you claim to have that makes 85 years of historians and scholars wrong and you right?"

1. "America’s greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed Woodrow Wilson who got America into World War I, ...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged.

2. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book Out of Work (1993), noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

3. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway! The unemployment rate continued to decline, reaching a low of 1.8% in 1926 – an extraordinary feat. Since then, the unemployment rate has been lower only once in wartime (1944), and never in peacetime.

4. ....when the Great Depression had been going for two years. Harding had the depression of 1920 licked in a year and a half, but under the "progressive" FDR, the Great Depression would persisted throughout the 1930s, until FDR began conscripting millions of young men for the armed forces."
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell

Are you insane, getting really sloppy with your cut and paste or just promoting a really brazen lie? You just gave a review about the economy a dozen years preceding FDR. Nothing you posted denies or attempts to deny the Great Depression wasn't in full swing when FDR inherited it. You also make no reference to the Dust Bowl of '32.

OMG!!

...here it is once more:

No contest.

Are you insane, getting really sloppy with your cut and paste or just promoting a really brazen lie? You just gave a review about the economy a dozen years preceding FDR. Nothing you posted denies or attempts to deny the Great Depression wasn't in full swing when FDR inherited it. You also make no reference to the Dust Bowl of '32.

She's really lost the edge she never had in the first place.

"Those people" must have loved FDR to volunteer to be in the military......

Even you can't be that illogical. You are grasping.

Forum List

Back