Thank you FDR

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
We all know how certain board members have a hilarious hatred against FDR, but let's look at what one of the greatest presidents this nation has ever had did for the people:
Interesting facts about FDR in general: http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/facts/
The List:
- The FDIC
- The CWA
- The NIRA
- Abolishing prohibition.
- The "first 100 days" program to grant relief to tens of millions.
- Created the TVA, continued FERA, don't forget the CCC.
- The NLRA and the AAA.
- Established social security and the SEC.
- Drastically decreased unemployment.
- The good neighbor policy
- He Supported the case for intervention in WWII through the Destroyers for Bases Agreement and Lend-Lease Act supplying ships and armament to the Allied forces.
- Led the US into world war 2 to help crush the fascist dogs.
- Endorsed the creation of the UN.
- The FSA
- He added millions of acres to America's national forests, national parks, and wildlife refuges.
- He was elected four times for a reason ;)
- During FDR's presidency, women were appointed to positions that were unprecedented in terms of both number of appointments as well as rank in the United States government.
What FDR was handed:
By the time that FDR was inaugurated president on March 4, 1933, the banking system had collapsed, nearly 25% of the labor force was unemployed, and prices and productivity had fallen to 1/3 of their 1929 levels. Reduced prices and reduced output resulted in lower incomes in wages, rents, dividends, and profits throughout the economy. Factories were shut down, farms and homes were lost to foreclosure, mills and mines were abandoned, and people went hungry. The resulting lower incomes meant the further inability of the people to spend or to save their way out of the crisis, thus perpetuating the economic slowdown in a seemingly never-ending cycle.
At the height of the Depression in 1933, 24.9% of the total work force or 12,830,000 people was unemployed. Although farmers technically were not counted among the unemployed, drastic drops in farm commodity prices resulted in farmers losing their lands and homes to foreclosure.
The displacement of the American work force and farming communities caused families to split up or to migrate from their homes in search of work. "Hoovervilles," or shantytowns built of packing crates, abandoned cars, and other scraps, sprung up across the nation. Residents of the Great Plains area, where the effects of the Depression were intensified by drought and dust storms, simply abandoned their farms and headed for California in hopes of finding the "land of milk and honey." Gangs of unemployed youth, whose families could no longer support them, rode the rails as hobos in search of work. America 's unemployed citizens were on the move, but there was no place to go that offered relief from the Great Depression.
Various "extras"
AAA , Agricultural Adjustment Administration, 1933

BCLB , Bituminous Coal Labor Board, 1935

CAA , Civil Aeronautics Authority, 1938

CCC , Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933

CCC , Commodity Credit Corporation, 1933

CWA , Civil Works Administration, 1933

FCA , Farm Credit Administration, 1933

FCC , Federal Communications Commission, 1934

FCIC , Federal Crop Insurance Corporation, 1938

FDIC , Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, 1933

FERA , Federal Emergency Relief Agency, 1933

FFMC , Federal Farm Mortgage Corporation, 1934

FHA , Federal Housing Administration, 1934

FLA, Federal Loan Agency, 1939

FSA , Farm Security Administration, 1937

FSA , Federal Security Agency, 1939

FWA , Federal Works Agency, 1939

HOLC , Home Owners Loan Corporation, 1933

MLB , Maritime Labor Board, 1938

NBCC , National Bituminous Coal Commission, 1935

NLB , National Labor Board, 1933

NLRB , National Labor Relations Board, 1935

NRAB , National Railroad Adjustment Board, 1934

NRA , National Recovery Administration, 1933

NRB , National Resources Board, 1934

NRC , National Resources Committee, 1935

NRPB , National Resources Planning Board, 1939

NYA , National Youth Administration, 1935

PWA , Public Works Administration, 1933

RA , Resettlement Administration, 1935

REA , Rural Electrification Administration, 1935

RFC , Reconstruction Finance Corporation, 1932

RRB , Railroad Retirement Board, 1935

SCS , Soil Conservation Service, 1935

SEC , Securities and Exchange Commission, 1934

SSB , Social Security Board, 1935

TNEC, Temporary National Economic Committee, 1938

TVA, Tennessee Valley Authority, 1933

USEP, United States Employment Service, 1933

USHA, United States Housing Authority, 1937

USMC, United States Maritime Commission, 1936

WPA, Works Progress Administration, 1935

WPA, Name changed to Works Projects Administration, 1939

One of the stories that show the difference is perhaps the Bonus Army of WWI vets asking for their pension to be paid a little early. Hoover sent MacArthur down to rout the vets killing a couple, including a vet's baby and burning their camps down. When FDR took office, the Bonus Army tried again, this time FDR sent Eleanor down alone to talk to the vets. She had tea with the vets, they sang some old army songs together and she left.

The radical left hates Nixon for some complicated reason related to a second rate burglary but FDR put American citizens behind barbed wire based on the color of their skins and the slant of their eyes. You could almost understand the executive order if every Japanese American citizen was placed in custody for the duration of the war but it only happened in California and the Japanese American citizens were forced to sell their real estate to democrat real estate speculators before they were incarcerated. Amazingly nobody protested when the Japanese on Hawaii which was the hotbed of espionage were free to roam. God help us if a president ever kicks the Constitution in the trash like FDR did.

No fucking criminal who ever threw innocent, loyal Americans into concentration camps can be "great." What he can be considered is a piece of shit of historic proportions.

No fucking criminal who ever threw innocent, loyal Americans into concentration camps can be "great." What he can be considered is a piece of shit of historic proportions.
So why did many of those in the internment camps volunteer to be soldiers in FDR's army?
Why was the first Japanese-American elected from the 49th state to the House of Representatives a Democrat?

The radical left hates Nixon for some complicated reason related to a second rate burglary but FDR put American citizens behind barbed wire based on the color of their skins and the slant of their eyes. You could almost understand the executive order if every Japanese American citizen was placed in custody for the duration of the war but it only happened in California and the Japanese American citizens were forced to sell their real estate to democrat real estate speculators before they were incarcerated. Amazingly nobody protested when the Japanese on Hawaii which was the hotbed of espionage were free to roam. God help us if a president ever kicks the Constitution in the trash like FDR did.

One does not have to be "radical left" to hate Nixon. He was the ultimate asshole. I have many reasons to hate the SOB, so I will stick to the main reason. He almost got me killed in Vietnam. But, cheer up. I hate LBJ almost as much, for the same reason.

FDR had some personal failings. However, the only serious judgement mistake he made as president was the internment camps for the Japanese-Americans. Other than that, he was the right man, at the right time. As a politician, he had no equal. The country took a giant leap forward under FDR, and became the great country that it is today.

The dilemma FDR faced was the question that many politicians in government were raising: are there saboteurs in the Japanese population? Either way it was a no-win proposition so it was played safe. We also know that there were many private enterprises urging the play-it-safe solution for their own benefit. Now that we know better, would we do it today?

One does not have to be "radical left" to hate Nixon. He was the ultimate asshole. I have many reasons to hate the SOB, so I will stick to the main reason. He almost got me killed in Vietnam. But, cheer up. I hate LBJ almost as much, for the same reason.
Didn't Nixon run on the platform that he would end the Vietnam war if elected: Peace with Honor? How many more years did the war last and did it end with honor? What a con job on the American people.

Didn't Nixon run on the platform that he would end the Vietnam war if elected: Peace with Honor? How many more years did the war last and did it end with honor? What a con job on the American people.

He admitted to David Frost many years later that he had no plan at all.

So why did many of those in the internment camps volunteer to be soldiers in FDR's army?...

Many of those unjustly and illegally imprisoned in the fucking scumbag fdr's CONCENTRATION CAMPS volunteered to join THE UNITED STATES MILITARY to show their beloved nation just how loyal and devoted they were as AMERICANS despite what that fucking criminal had done to them and their families. They more than made their point.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
So why did many of those in the internment camps volunteer to be soldiers in FDR's army?...

Many of those unjustly and illegally imprisoned in the fucking scumbag fdr's CONCENTRATION CAMPS volunteered to join THE UNITED STATES MILITARY to show their beloved nation just how loyal and devoted they were as AMERICANS despite what that fucking criminal had done to them and their families. They more than made their point.
No one attempts to justify what FDR did to the japanese, although the pressure was on for him to do something..

The dilemma FDR faced was the question that many politicians in government were raising: are there saboteurs in the Japanese population?

Bullshit. That scumbag received intel that there was no such threat.

No one attempts to justify what FDR did to the Japanese.....

Did to the AMERICANS.

Did to the AMERICANS.
We're discussing japanese americans, I know this already, forgive me for not saying "japanese americans."

Did to the AMERICANS.
We're discussing japanese americans, I know this already, forgive me for not saying "japanese americans."

AMERICANS.

Did to the AMERICANS.

AMERICANS.
Believe me, I know this, but FDR specifically put Japanese americans in camps.

FDR was the worst President ever. Worst economic record ever eclipsing the 7 Biblical Lean Years, no respect for the Constitution, no understanding of free enterprise, had a WH and State full of Communist spies, used blacks as guinea pigs in a sick Tuskegee experiment that would later influence Mengele and the Nazi, prosecuted WWII on behalf of Stalin and aided and abetted history two greatest mass murderers: Stalin and Mao and enslaved over a billion people to Communism.

Fuck him

The Founding Fathers are still beating the shit out of him in the afterlife

Last edited:

Forum List

Back