Thank you FDR

We all know how certain board members have a hilarious hatred against FDR, but let's look at what one of the greatest presidents this nation has ever had did for the people:
Interesting facts about FDR in general: http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/facts/
The List:
- The FDIC
- The CWA
- The NIRA
- Abolishing prohibition.
- The "first 100 days" program to grant relief to tens of millions.
- Created the TVA, continued FERA, don't forget the CCC.
- The NLRA and the AAA.
- Established social security and the SEC.
- Drastically decreased unemployment.
- The good neighbor policy
- He Supported the case for intervention in WWII through the Destroyers for Bases Agreement and Lend-Lease Act supplying ships and armament to the Allied forces.
- Led the US into world war 2 to help crush the fascist dogs.
- Endorsed the creation of the UN.
- The FSA
- He added millions of acres to America's national forests, national parks, and wildlife refuges.
- He was elected four times for a reason ;)
- During FDR's presidency, women were appointed to positions that were unprecedented in terms of both number of appointments as well as rank in the United States government.
What FDR was handed:
By the time that FDR was inaugurated president on March 4, 1933, the banking system had collapsed, nearly 25% of the labor force was unemployed, and prices and productivity had fallen to 1/3 of their 1929 levels. Reduced prices and reduced output resulted in lower incomes in wages, rents, dividends, and profits throughout the economy. Factories were shut down, farms and homes were lost to foreclosure, mills and mines were abandoned, and people went hungry. The resulting lower incomes meant the further inability of the people to spend or to save their way out of the crisis, thus perpetuating the economic slowdown in a seemingly never-ending cycle.
At the height of the Depression in 1933, 24.9% of the total work force or 12,830,000 people was unemployed. Although farmers technically were not counted among the unemployed, drastic drops in farm commodity prices resulted in farmers losing their lands and homes to foreclosure.
The displacement of the American work force and farming communities caused families to split up or to migrate from their homes in search of work. "Hoovervilles," or shantytowns built of packing crates, abandoned cars, and other scraps, sprung up across the nation. Residents of the Great Plains area, where the effects of the Depression were intensified by drought and dust storms, simply abandoned their farms and headed for California in hopes of finding the "land of milk and honey." Gangs of unemployed youth, whose families could no longer support them, rode the rails as hobos in search of work. America 's unemployed citizens were on the move, but there was no place to go that offered relief from the Great Depression.
Various "extras"
AAA , Agricultural Adjustment Administration, 1933

BCLB , Bituminous Coal Labor Board, 1935

CAA , Civil Aeronautics Authority, 1938

CCC , Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933

CCC , Commodity Credit Corporation, 1933

CWA , Civil Works Administration, 1933

FCA , Farm Credit Administration, 1933

FCC , Federal Communications Commission, 1934

FCIC , Federal Crop Insurance Corporation, 1938

FDIC , Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, 1933

FERA , Federal Emergency Relief Agency, 1933

FFMC , Federal Farm Mortgage Corporation, 1934

FHA , Federal Housing Administration, 1934

FLA, Federal Loan Agency, 1939

FSA , Farm Security Administration, 1937

FSA , Federal Security Agency, 1939

FWA , Federal Works Agency, 1939

HOLC , Home Owners Loan Corporation, 1933

MLB , Maritime Labor Board, 1938

NBCC , National Bituminous Coal Commission, 1935

NLB , National Labor Board, 1933

NLRB , National Labor Relations Board, 1935

NRAB , National Railroad Adjustment Board, 1934

NRA , National Recovery Administration, 1933

NRB , National Resources Board, 1934

NRC , National Resources Committee, 1935

NRPB , National Resources Planning Board, 1939

NYA , National Youth Administration, 1935

PWA , Public Works Administration, 1933

RA , Resettlement Administration, 1935

REA , Rural Electrification Administration, 1935

RFC , Reconstruction Finance Corporation, 1932

RRB , Railroad Retirement Board, 1935

SCS , Soil Conservation Service, 1935

SEC , Securities and Exchange Commission, 1934

SSB , Social Security Board, 1935

TNEC, Temporary National Economic Committee, 1938

TVA, Tennessee Valley Authority, 1933

USEP, United States Employment Service, 1933

USHA, United States Housing Authority, 1937

USMC, United States Maritime Commission, 1936

WPA, Works Progress Administration, 1935

WPA, Name changed to Works Projects Administration, 1939

I am surprised a thread exposing the corruption of FDR was made by someone other than USMB's resident troll political chic.the troll who cant deal with or face pesky facts that the republicans are corrupt as well.:biggrin:

Thats the first i can remember a thread exposing FDR's corruption in the history section was made by anyone other than that troll.:biggrin:

Great presidents are made by circumstance. FDR was struggling to guide this country out of the financial debacle of the depression and although some of his policy's felt good, like employing the unemployed to build civic projects, if not for WWII he would have just been like other peacetime presidents. Look at the great ones and they were all defined by victory in war. Even in today's world arguably the best one we had was Reagan and his legacy was the end of the cold war. Of course it looks like it really is not over today, just simmering under the surface and making Russia leaner and meaner in the process.

"...FDR was struggling to guide this country out of the financial debacle of the depression..."

If that were true, why didn't he follow the tried and true plan of Harding that solved a similar recession in just a year and a half?

No, he was a megalomaniac who was simply determined to give the federal government the sort of power that he envied in Mussolini and Hitler.

Debating Jilly is like debating a two year old.

If the two-year old were drunk.

I'm sorry. I don't take wingers railing about one of our greatest presidents and relying on cut and paste rants seriously.

You'd have to say something of substance to warrant debate.

Wasn't that fun.....showing that you are not only inept, unable to back up what you post.....

...but also, forcing you to try to lie you way out of it.

Loved, loved, loved it!

Thanks so much.
You are being critical of another poster for allegedly doing the exact thing you have been doing over and over with my challenge to you to answer one simple question about a lie you are telling. The main difference between the poster you are criticizing and you is that the questions you are asking have been answered by other posters and you refuse to respond. Why would someone continue answering your challenges when you make it so obvious that you will not do the same. In other words, you demand people answer your challenges while you refuse to respond when they do.
You made a claim that FDR turned a recession into the Great Depression. That means you are claiming the historians, economist and scholars over the last 80 years are wrong about the GP beginning with the 1929 stock market crash and you are right. You are claiming 80 years of experts are totally wrong and you, PoliticalChic are right. Twice you have tried to answer this lie of yours by diverting the subject to a discussion about the economics of the post WWI era and early 20's, an economy that occurred a decade before FDR was even elected. You are attempting to mislead and misdirect the dishonest idea, in fact lie, that FDR did not inherit the Great Depression. This is only one of the lies you tell that you fail to address in a rational manner. There are more, but until you respond and refute this whopper of a lie, why should anyone feel an obligation or even motivation to respond to your new challenges that simply act as diversions and deflections away from your dishonest failures?

So.....are you lying because I skewer you with metronomic regularity,.... or because you simply don't understand what you are talking about?
Still evading an answer to the lie about FDR inheriting the Great Depression. You will no doubt go on for days, as you already have, rather than answer the refuting of your lie with something besides lame deflection. You don't skewer anyone PC, you get skewered routinely. I say FDR inherited a depression and you say he didn't. You claim he inherited a recession and he turned the recession into a depression. You have been repeatedly called a liar on your claim and have been unable to provide evidence that you are not a liar about your claim. You have been called out, challenged and ridiculed for your lie. All you have to do is post a link to back up your bullshxt claim. You can't do it because your claim is a lie being told by a liar.

Are you insane, getting really sloppy with your cut and paste or just promoting a really brazen lie? You just gave a review about the economy a dozen years preceding FDR. Nothing you posted denies or attempts to deny the Great Depression wasn't in full swing when FDR inherited it. You also make no reference to the Dust Bowl of '32.

she intentionally provides false information.

it's what she does.

Let's review.

I stated a number of facts designed to show that, compared to Roosevelt, Reagan was far better as President.

You gave the usual Liberal response, the 'is not, is not' post.

I gave you three opportunities to show that my post wasn't true.

Of course, you couldn't.

Now I've reduced you to lying: "she intentionally provided false information."

Just between the two of us….aren't you just a leeeeettttle disappointed at how you turned out?

I'm sorry. I don't take wingers railing about one of our greatest presidents and relying on cut and paste rants seriously.

You should be very serious then because that no good son of a bitch fdr was easily the worst president in US history.

she intentionally provides false information.

it's what she does.

Let's review.

I stated a number of facts designed to show that, compared to Roosevelt, Reagan was far better as President.

Of course, you couldn't.

Just between the two of us….aren't you just a leeeeettttle disappointed at how you turned out?

You should be very serious then because that no good son of a bitch fdr was easily the worst president in US history.

You try losing everything you have and not eating for 3 or 4 days.

Let's review.

Of course, you couldn't.

FDR gave us 5 years of world war and the Great Depression so is obviously the worst president in American history

Let's review.

Of course, you couldn't.

When did that happen to the scumbag fdr?

Ad hominen...yawn.
When millions lost their jobs due to Stock Brokers lying their asses off.

FDR gave us 5 years of world war and the Great Depression so is obviously the worst president in American history

If you resent FDR for going to war than you really MUST be a Nazi leftover.
Did you want Germany to take over the world?
By your own logic there would have been a Command Economy.

Ad hominen...yawn.

Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

What effect did Roosevelt have on the line?

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 andUnemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

Ad hominen...yawn.

Your understanding of history is paper thin.

Ad hominen...yawn.

Sure. Get over your American-Japanese history. It was sad but we were at war.

Ad hominen...yawn.

Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

What effect did Roosevelt have on the line?

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 andUnemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

Haven't you already posted enough inaccurate and out of timeline artifacts?

Ad hominen...yawn.

Still waiting to hear on your application to the Hitler Youth?

Ad hominen...yawn.

Coming from the guy who wants to open our borders so still more American citizens can be fired.

Ad hominen...yawn.

Coming from the guy who wants to open our borders so still more American citizens can be fired.

Wrong again, genius.

If you're serious....you uninformed and truly ignorant.

Germany take over the world????

"....realistically middle sized Germany could not defeat the much larger USSR in the long term. Germany would have eventually surrendered to the western allies to prevent total occupation by the USSR ..."
So did the Red Army really singlehandedly defeat the Third Reich Stuff I Done Wrote - The Michael A. Charles Online Presence(comment)

Wise up.

Ad hominen...yawn.

Wrong again, genius.
Grow up; No FDR, no US.

If you're serious....you uninformed and truly ignorant.

Germany take over the world????

"....realistically middle sized Germany could not defeat the much larger USSR in the long term. Germany would have eventually surrendered to the western allies to prevent total occupation by the USSR ..."
So did the Red Army really singlehandedly defeat the Third Reich Stuff I Done Wrote - The Michael A. Charles Online Presence(comment)

Wise up.

Yeah.

Forum List

Back