How Did Black Southerners Respond When War Was Declared?

Exactly. Let's just go back a couple hundred years ago and Monday morning quarterback. Who gives a fuck.

The racist confederates banned blacks from participating in the army until they were on the brink of defeat. It is an absolute lie that any significant percentage of black people in the south fought for or supported the confederacy.
Were you alive then? I think historians would know more than you or I. :) Try reading among the first 5 comments on that article. Blacks were signing up for a black regiment with black officers the DAY it was announced. Oh and black regiments were started in the beginning and continued throughout the war. You can't rewrite history as much as you would like to. Its well documented just like the first slave owner in America was a black man. Again facts you can't deny or change.

The racist confederates banned blacks from participating in the army until they were on the brink of defeat. It is an absolute lie that any significant percentage of black people in the south fought for or supported the confederacy.
Were you alive then? I think historians would know more than you or I. :) Try reading among the first 5 comments on that article. Blacks were signing up for a black regiment with black officers the DAY it was announced. Oh and black regiments were started in the beginning and continued throughout the war. You can't rewrite history as much as you would like to. Its well documented just like the first slave owner in America was a black man. Again facts you can't deny or change.
There is zero factual evidence that more than a bare handful of blacks fought for the confederacy. But there IS documented evidence of tens of thousands fleeing to fight for the union.

FACT: the confederate army barred blacks from fight in the military until the very last days of the war.

There is zero factual evidence that more than a bare handful of blacks fought for the confederacy. But there IS documented evidence of tens of thousands fleeing to fight for the union.

FACT: the confederate army barred blacks from fight in the military until the very last days of the war.
Yawn. Keep denying history. You liberals are famous for it.

Keep making it up.

Black Confederate Warriors of Dixie: How Did Black Southerners Respond When War Was Declared?

Wait....shouldn't they have been trying to escape north? To their savior Lincoln? Hmmmm
There were very very few black Con-federate "soldiers" and they were handed shovels, not guns.
Wrong again liberal. Read the FACTS darling.

just a snippet.

North Carolina Troops, Volume I: -

"When Fort Fisher fell to the Union troops in January, 1865, the following blacks are recorded [by Union forces] as being among the
captured Confederates:

Charles Dempsey, Private, Company F, 36th NC Regiment (2nd NC Artillery), Negro. Captured at Fort Fisher January 15, 1865 and confined
at Point Lookout, MD, until paroled and exchanged at Coxes Landing, James River, VA, February 14-15, 1865.

Henry Dempsey, Private, Company F, 36th NC Regiment (2nd NC Artillery), Negro. Captured at Fort Fisher January 15, 1865 and confined at Point
Lookout, MD, until paroled and exchanged at Coxes Landing, James River, VA, February 14-15, 1865.

J. Doyle, Private, Company E, 40th NC Regiment (3rd NC Artillery), Negro. Captured at Fort Fisher January 15, 1865 and confined at Point
Lookout, MD, until paroled and exchanged at Boulware's Wharf, James River, VA, March 16, 1865.

Daniel Herring, Cook, Company F, 36th NC Regiment (2nd NC Artillery), Negro. Captured at Fort Fisher January 15, 1865 and confined at Point
Lookout, MD, until released after taking Oath of Allegiance June 19, 1865"

Union forces recorded three of them as soldiers and took them as POWs, then paroled and exchanged them exactly as they did all other Confederates.

Keep making it up.
yeah making up facts. liberals remind me of the 3 little monkeys. See no evil,hear no evil...etc....eyes closed,ears plugged....shit spewing from the mouth.

Did you even read your link? :rofl:

was a Confederate Louisianan militia that consisted of free persons of color. Formed in 1861[2] in New Orleans, Louisiana, it was disbanded on April 25, 1862. Some of the unit's members joined the Union Army's 1st Louisiana Native Guard, which later became the 73rd Regiment Infantry of the United States Colored Troops.

Disbanded after less than a year and they joined the UNION Army. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Black Confederate Warriors of Dixie: How Did Black Southerners Respond When War Was Declared?

Wait....shouldn't they have been trying to escape north? To their savior Lincoln? Hmmmm
There were very very few black Con-federate "soldiers" and they were handed shovels, not guns.
Wrong again liberal. Read the FACTS darling.

just a snippet.

North Carolina Troops, Volume I: -

"When Fort Fisher fell to the Union troops in January, 1865, the following blacks are recorded [by Union forces] as being among the
captured Confederates:

Charles Dempsey, Private, Company F, 36th NC Regiment (2nd NC Artillery), Negro. Captured at Fort Fisher January 15, 1865 and confined
at Point Lookout, MD, until paroled and exchanged at Coxes Landing, James River, VA, February 14-15, 1865.

Henry Dempsey, Private, Company F, 36th NC Regiment (2nd NC Artillery), Negro. Captured at Fort Fisher January 15, 1865 and confined at Point
Lookout, MD, until paroled and exchanged at Coxes Landing, James River, VA, February 14-15, 1865.

J. Doyle, Private, Company E, 40th NC Regiment (3rd NC Artillery), Negro. Captured at Fort Fisher January 15, 1865 and confined at Point
Lookout, MD, until paroled and exchanged at Boulware's Wharf, James River, VA, March 16, 1865.

Daniel Herring, Cook, Company F, 36th NC Regiment (2nd NC Artillery), Negro. Captured at Fort Fisher January 15, 1865 and confined at Point
Lookout, MD, until released after taking Oath of Allegiance June 19, 1865"

Union forces recorded three of them as soldiers and took them as POWs, then paroled and exchanged them exactly as they did all other Confederates.
Oooooooo....4. And any indication that they were other than someone's personal slave?

was a Confederate Louisianan militia that consisted of free persons of color. Formed in 1861[2] in New Orleans, Louisiana, it was disbanded on April 25, 1862. Some of the unit's members joined the Union Army's 1st Louisiana Native Guard, which later became the 73rd Regiment Infantry of the United States Colored Troops.

Disbanded after less than a year and they joined the UNION Army. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thank you for proving that liberals REALLY ARE this fucking dumb.They were CAPTURED you fucking twat. Since yankees were nothing but blood thirsty terrorists (see General Sherman for proof) I think I would have surrendered and joined them as well if I wanted to live. My god just kill yourself....your stupidity is depressing even to me.

Given the fact that a couple thousand free blacks WERE slaveholders, it's not a surprise you can find occasional blacks that joined the confederacy.

But slaves would have never been given arms, until real desperation set in at the end.

Maybe you should read some real history, instead of stuff written by 'some guy'.

Thank you for proving that liberals REALLY ARE this fucking dumb.They were CAPTURED you fucking twat. Since yankees were nothing but blood thirsty terrorists (see General Sherman for proof) I think I would have surrendered and joined them as well if I wanted to live. My god just kill yourself....your stupidity is depressing even to me.

Well, no. New Orleans was taken by the Union without a fight, and a bunch of the creole soldiers volunteered for the Union later in the war.

Forum List

Back