May 27, 2014
Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States

I've never been in a union.

But I have benefited from their being in place.

Toilets were left out, when the common workday was 16 hours a day, 6 days a week, employers provided no terlit for workers...

Fuck Labor Unions

15 years ago they protested my jobsite on a large commercial job. A job I did every few years for a national chain in the winter time. As a result that corporation now has a crew from POLAND remodel all their stores nation wide. Tens of thousands of dollars gone every other winter because of Union bullying & the bad publicity it brought them.

Unions once served the nation. Now they hold it back. Fuck unions

Thank a union for Detroit

upload_2016-8-29_14-19-54.jpeg

All workers have. Unions established the standards all enjoyed.

Little by little workers are losing ground as they turn their backs on unions, the only advocate workers have in the workplace. It's time they woke up to that fact.

Big business is more powerful than any one individual. It is not more powerful than workers united as a group. Unions level the playing field and assure that everyone receives fair treatment and compensation.

Thank a union for Detroit

View attachment 87469
Wow, that's bullshit.

Thank the Pols, D.C., NAFTA, and voters you idiot.
Five myths about Detroit
Five myths about Detroit

The real culprit in the city’s decline has been federal policies that put corporate health ahead of community health, such as free-trade agreements that sacrifice U.S. jobs for foreign trade. President Bill Clinton’s NAFTA treaty is particularly reviled among auto workers. Such agreements have made it easier for car companies and others to leave their communities for lower labor costs elsewhere.

Yet scapegoating corporate leaders shifts responsibility from where it belongs: on us. We’ve voted for leaders who endorse policies that require corporate brass to make decisions based on their responsibility to stockholders. Blaming corporations for maximizing profits is like blaming a dog for barking. If we want businesses to behave differently, we need to change our laws and our expectations.

Little by little workers are losing ground as they turn their backs on unions, the only advocate workers have in the workplace. It's time they woke up to that fact.

Big business is more powerful than any one individual. It is not more powerful than workers united as a group. Unions level the playing field and assure that everyone receives fair treatment and compensation.

Never been part of a union and haven't lost ground yet.

Anyone relying on a union to do his/her bidding isn't worth hiring. They're saying my skills aren't good enough to speak for me.

Anyone relying on a union to do his/her bidding isn't worth hiring. They're saying my skills aren't good enough to speak for me.
You're not the only one with those skills. Others who are hungrier than you can do your job for less. Who do you think will be doing your job when they come a-knocking at your boss' door?

Name the ways we are losing ground fool?

We got jobs by voting for republicans you got welfare by voting for democrats

1/3 of manufacturing has left the US because of unions, wah-hoo unions way to cover the percentage of unemployed and in need of welfare. Obummer thanks you.

Toilets were left out, when the common workday was 16 hours a day, 6 days a week, employers provided no terlit for workers...
When I began working in construction in the early 60's contractors did not provide toilets on job sites and you would walk into some room and find it full of shit and piss. Piss would often be running down the columns.

Finally the unions got some laws passed and they had to provide some outhouses so they gave us wooden outhouses.

But they wouldn't pay for getting them cleaned out.

So ... they burned to the ground.

Contractors got tired of replacing the wood outhouses so they bought the fancy new ones made out of fiberglass.

They thought they were fireproof.

THEY WERE WRONG

Again they didn't want to pay for having them kept clean.

So they were shown that fiberglass outhouses WILL burn nicely.

Electricians use a thing called Cadweld shots when making splices on large cables. Or we did 50 some years ago, don't know what they use now. They still used them when I retired 20 years ago.

Basically they have a piece of copper with gun powder on top of it and you light the gunpowder and it produces a temperature of something like 4000 degrees and melts that copper piece and the wires all together.

It also just happens to burn hot enough to set fiberglass outhouses on fire.

Once started they are very hard to put out.

Fire departments were very unhappy.

They finally gave up and started hiring companies to provide and clean the outhouses.

Fiberglass outhouses brought to America by UNIONS.

You're not the only one with those skills. Others who are hungrier than you can do your job for less. Who do you think will be doing your job when they come a-knocking at your boss' door?

You're at it again making claims you can't prove.

The same as it is now.

You're at it again making claims you can't prove.

The same as it is now.
You are the only one with those skills? If I believed you, I'd be impressed.

When I began working in construction in the early 60's contractors did not provide toilets on job sites and you would walk into some room and find it full of shit and piss. Piss would often be running down the columns.

Finally the unions got some laws passed and they had to provide some outhouses so they gave us wooden outhouses.

But they wouldn't pay for getting them cleaned out.

So ... they burned to the ground.

Contractors got tired of replacing the wood outhouses so they bought the fancy new ones made out of fiberglass.

They thought they were fireproof.

THEY WERE WRONG

Again they didn't want to pay for having them kept clean.

So they were shown that fiberglass outhouses WILL burn nicely.

Electricians use a thing called Cadweld shots when making splices on large cables. Or we did 50 some years ago, don't know what they use now. They still used them when I retired 20 years ago.

Basically they have a piece of copper with gun powder on top of it and you light the gunpowder and it produces a temperature of something like 4000 degrees and melts that copper piece and the wires all together.

It also just happens to burn hot enough to set fiberglass outhouses on fire.

Once started they are very hard to put out.

Fire departments were very unhappy.

They finally gave up and started hiring companies to provide and clean the outhouses.

Fiberglass outhouses brought to America by UNIONS.

Perhaps the unions should have taught their people not to act like a bunch of savages. It's the mentality of a bunch of spoiled brats not getting what they want.

What they should have done is had your asses arrested for arson so you could try and burn the toilets in the jail.

Forum List

Back