Thank Labor Unions.

I've never been in a union.

But I have benefited from their being in place.
All workers have. Unions established the standards all enjoyed.

Little by little workers are losing ground as they turn their backs on unions, the only advocate workers have in the workplace. It's time they woke up to that fact.

Big business is more powerful than any one individual. It is not more powerful than workers united as a group. Unions level the playing field and assure that everyone receives fair treatment and compensation.

Never been part of a union and haven't lost ground yet.

Anyone relying on a union to do his/her bidding isn't worth hiring. They're saying my skills aren't good enough to speak for me.
You're not the only one with those skills. Others who are hungrier than you can do your job for less. Who do you think will be doing your job when they come a-knocking at your boss' door?

You're at it again making claims you can't prove.

The same as it is now.
You are the only one with those skills? If I believed you, I'd be impressed.

Never said I was. What I did say is that being hungrier is irrelevant and doesn't qualify someone to do my job. Since you don't know what I do, and it's really none o your business, making claims you can't prove makes you look more foolish than you already do.

All workers have. Unions established the standards all enjoyed.

Little by little workers are losing ground as they turn their backs on unions, the only advocate workers have in the workplace. It's time they woke up to that fact.

Big business is more powerful than any one individual. It is not more powerful than workers united as a group. Unions level the playing field and assure that everyone receives fair treatment and compensation.

Never been part of a union and haven't lost ground yet.

Anyone relying on a union to do his/her bidding isn't worth hiring. They're saying my skills aren't good enough to speak for me.
You're not the only one with those skills. Others who are hungrier than you can do your job for less. Who do you think will be doing your job when they come a-knocking at your boss' door?

You're at it again making claims you can't prove.

The same as it is now.
You are the only one with those skills? If I believed you, I'd be impressed.

Never said I was. What I did say is that being hungrier is irrelevant and doesn't qualify someone to do my job. Since you don't know what I do, and it's really none o your business, making claims you can't prove makes you look more foolish than you already do.
You're the one saying no one can do your job. That's quite a claim no matter who you are or what you do.

Mismanagement by Big Auto destroyed Detroit. Focusing on the short term is no way to run a business.
Riiiiiiiiiight

The unions didn't decide to go with giant SUVs when gas prices hit record highs!
They also didn't decide to engineer crap and wrap it in the American flag. Does anyone remember the K-Car?

You dumb ducks still trying to spread the myth unions didn't have any clout at GM, Ford or Chrysler?

Who am I talking to children who never worked a day in their lives in manufacturing ?

Unions are on the way out. And with them are things working folk benefit from. Now big business is in control and is able to chisel away at benefits etc. Any businesd that fights paid vacation is frankly one i would hope and pray goes under. Good owners encourage their workers to use vacation timr. The key is to avoid bad owners and there are a high percentage of them

Fuck Labor Unions

15 years ago they protested my jobsite on a large commercial job. A job I did every few years for a national chain in the winter time. As a result that corporation now has a crew from POLAND remodel all their stores nation wide. Tens of thousands of dollars gone every other winter because of Union bullying & the bad publicity it brought them.

Unions once served the nation. Now they hold it back. Fuck unions
So the unions lost and you blame them....ay caramba.

So after 35 years of Reaganism, the nonrich are ruined (see sig) and we no longer have unions and Greatest Generation owners to help workers, so it's up to gov't. Wonder which party might do that job...lol.

People tend to hate things that benefit workers. Why is that? When did this hatred begin? The people that create the profit become villains. And we call ourselves exceptional. Meh...not so much.

Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States

Detriot, Pittsburgh, overpriced and sub-standard American made products, progressivism....yeah thanks.

Detriot, Pittsburgh, overpriced and sub-standard American made products, progressivism....yeah thanks.
Overpriced? Sub-standard?

Capitalism! Take the money and run!

Not capitalism, unions.
Unions set the prices? Unions are in charge of Quality Assurance?

Explain.

Unions cause the price to climb to a point where companies can't be competitive unless they reduce cost of manufacture, thus leading to a less well-made product.

Labor unions have done good things but before you pat them on the back you need to understand that coffee breaks ain't gonna help you when you are out of a job due to strikes and union violence. Crooked union leaders were often lavishly rewarded with extorted and confiscated union dues and municipal unions have sometimes broken the backs of cities and left them in ruin subject to gang violence.

Unions cause the price to climb to a point where companies can't be competitive unless they reduce cost of manufacture, thus leading to a less well-made product.
I asked you to explain this, not re-state it.

How do unions cause the price to climb, and then make the decision to reduce quality?

Forum List

Back