Texas to arrest Sanctuary City Leaders, Police Chiefs, etc...

No actually. It's procedure to take a suspect in with the least risk and resistance possible. They've been doing it for years.

True. and what were the circumstances? Did they have enough on him then? Who was making the decisions, the guy on the ground? At headquarters? Reno? You have no idea what circumstances were happened at the time. They were more likely than not changing daily.

There was NO LEGALLY justified reason to storm the compound none nada zip.

Actually, there was. He had armed himself to the teeth and was refusing to obey lawful orders. As I said, the prudent thing to do - any normal person would have done - was even IF you thought the orders were not lawful, you surrender, then sue the shit out of them. Both Koresh and Randy weaver got what they deserved. Nothing by egotistical narcissists who thought they were above the law.

Wrong again, Nazi. The BATF opened fire before Koresh even opened the door. They gave him no chance to surrender. In fact, the agents killed in the initial engagement were probably the victims of friendly fire. That's right, they were killed by other clueless BATF Agents firing through the building.

All the people who defend the BATF and the FBI in this matter are so stupid it makes your head spin.

Says you. He had 90 days to surrender. He wanted to play martyr. 100 per cent his fault...
There was NO LEGALLY justified reason to storm the compound none nada zip.
He refused to exhaust his First Amendment liberty before engaging in civil disobedience.

No actually. It's procedure to take a suspect in with the least risk and resistance possible. They've been doing it for years.

True. and what were the circumstances? Did they have enough on him then? Who was making the decisions, the guy on the ground? At headquarters? Reno? You have no idea what circumstances were happened at the time. They were more likely than not changing daily.

Yes, I would say the final decision was Reno's. Nobody can say for sure who's idea it was to storm the compound, but I would assume it was ran by Reno before they went ahead with the plans if it was not her idea.

I am a Sheriff's Auxiliary volunteer. I wear a uniform, and a badge and patrol in a squad car. I have the duty, and the authority, to radio in to a deputy any time I see anyone violating a county ordinance. I have no duty, or responsibility to do anything at all about violators of federal law. In fact, I don't even have a telephone number in the car to which I could report border violations, if I wanted to, and I live 35 miles from the border. I am not paid, but the deputies are, and the county does not pay them to enforce federal law.

If it's part of their job description, yes, they will enforce federal law.

Nope, and it is never in their job description. BTW. Arizona already tried this a couple of years ago, and the feds shut the state down for infringing on fed jurisdiction. Another example. County deputies have no jurisdiction in AZ over anything happening ion the interstate highway, and frontage roads. We won't even respond to calls there.That is AZ Highway patrol jurisdiction.

Justice Department Files Suit Against Arizona Immigration Law

The justice department prevailed in this suit, and the State had to stop operating in federal jurisdiction.

Apples and oranges. What DumBama sued for is that Arizona created their own immigration regulations. This is entirely different. These are regulations that have been on the book for decades, and the feds give their blessing to local authorities that do as they ask.

The feds cannot make local authorities enforce their law, but the state or county can. If it's required by them to follow federal guidelines, not doing so means they are not doing their job and probably subject to termination. The person who signs your paycheck makes the rules.

The state or county has no immigration laws that they can force a municipality to enforce, Ray, and they have no legal authority to force municipalities to enforce federal law.. Do I really have to point that out to you?

It is fun reading simplistic solutions to complex problems. Until Trump ran for president, which seemed to attract simplistic people like catnip attracts cats, I had no idea just how many people buy into this kind of problem solving! I first noticed it when Trump said that he was going to deport 12 million illegal aliens within 2 years, which is impossible without violating the Constitution. Of course, now he isn't even talking about how many he will deport in any time frame. Nobody has even come out with a clear definition of what a sanctuary city is, but by god, they have to be punished! Texas is always up there with simplistic solutions. The law that they are trying to pass is so blatantly unconstitutional that it boggles the mind with questions, like, "Do they even have a law school in that state?"
A recent poll showed that 80% of voters oppose sanctuary cities, so how stupid do you to be to believe one rogue federal district judge can stop what nearly all of America wants by issuing a political decision instead of a legal decision?

80% of voters don't even know what a sanctuary city is.......
They know what a sanctuary city is and they want to get rid of them.

Why don't you explain to us, exactly what a "sanctuary city" is, Toomuch?

I am a Sheriff's Auxiliary volunteer. I wear a uniform, and a badge and patrol in a squad car. I have the duty, and the authority, to radio in to a deputy any time I see anyone violating a county ordinance. I have no duty, or responsibility to do anything at all about violators of federal law. In fact, I don't even have a telephone number in the car to which I could report border violations, if I wanted to, and I live 35 miles from the border. I am not paid, but the deputies are, and the county does not pay them to enforce federal law.

Nope, and it is never in their job description. BTW. Arizona already tried this a couple of years ago, and the feds shut the state down for infringing on fed jurisdiction. Another example. County deputies have no jurisdiction in AZ over anything happening ion the interstate highway, and frontage roads. We won't even respond to calls there.That is AZ Highway patrol jurisdiction.

The justice department prevailed in this suit, and the State had to stop operating in federal jurisdiction.

Apples and oranges. What DumBama sued for is that Arizona created their own immigration regulations. This is entirely different. These are regulations that have been on the book for decades, and the feds give their blessing to local authorities that do as they ask.

The feds cannot make local authorities enforce their law, but the state or county can. If it's required by them to follow federal guidelines, not doing so means they are not doing their job and probably subject to termination. The person who signs your paycheck makes the rules.

The state or county has no immigration laws that they can force a municipality to enforce, Ray, and they have no legal authority to force municipalities to enforce federal law.. Do I really have to point that out to you?

No, they can't. But what's happening in Texas is something they can do. If the state creates a law or requirement of working with the feds, you work with the feds. If you don't, your municipality may be subject to losing state funds. If they want to lose those funds, fine, do what you like. But don't complain about the results.

No, they can't. But what's happening in Texas is something they can do. If the state creates a law or requirement of working with the feds, you work with the feds. If you don't, your municipality may be subject to losing state funds. If they want to lose those funds, fine, do what you like. But don't complain about the results.

And what happened to all the hoopla of them throwing city mayors in jail? And for what, exactly? City officials have been complaining for decades that the feds don't even reimburse them for incarcerating immigration suspects. Is the state going to throw mayors and the city council in jail for failure to spend city taxpayer money to enforce federal laws? If I were a Sheriff's Aucillary Volunteer in Texas, would they throw me in jail for failure to report a suspected wetback? And, finally, how long would that stand before the Supreme Court ruled that states have no authority to penalize cities for failure to enforce federal law?

And what happened to all the hoopla of them throwing city mayors in jail? And for what, exactly? City officials have been complaining for decades that the feds don't even reimburse them for incarcerating immigration suspects. Is the state going to throw mayors and the city council in jail for failure to spend city taxpayer money to enforce federal laws? If I were a Sheriff's Aucillary Volunteer in Texas, would they throw me in jail for failure to report a suspected wetback? And, finally, how long would that stand before the Supreme Court ruled that states have no authority to penalize cities for failure to enforce federal law?

If the state creates a law stating that local authorities are to work with ICE or any immigration federal authorities, and you disobey the law, then you pay the penalty for breaking the law no different than a DUI offender.

It doesn't cost a city anything to inform our federal agents they have a suspect in custody about to be released in a day or two. With Trump as President, he will make sure federal agents don't delay in getting those illegals that break the law out of their jails and into federal hands.

The activist judges that ruled Trump can't withhold funds from states or cities will be overturned by the Supreme Court. When that happens, your city or state risk losing funds for non-compliance. You don't think that a city or state has the authority to not allow that to happen?

If the state creates a law stating that local authorities are to work with ICE or any immigration federal authorities, and you disobey the law, then you pay the penalty for breaking the law no different than a DUI offender.

It doesn't cost a city anything to inform our federal agents they have a suspect in custody about to be released in a day or two. With Trump as President, he will make sure federal agents don't delay in getting those illegals that break the law out of their jails and into federal hands.

The activist judges that ruled Trump can't withhold funds from states or cities will be overturned by the Supreme Court. When that happens, your city or state risk losing funds for non-compliance. You don't think that a city or state has the authority to not allow that to happen?

Yeah, Trump has had such a good track record with the SC so far. He campaigned on deporting 12 million illegal aliens in 2 years, then backed down when he found out that he can't violate constitutional due process. Then he blocked immigration from 7 countries. Fail. Then he did it again. Fail again. Then he threatened to withhold money from sanctuary cities. Fail again. No state has ever done what Texas is trying to do, because the state does not have the authority to force anyone to enforce federal law. If I "harbor" an illegal alien, the feds can prosecute me. The state, county, or city may choose to hold me until the feds take custody, but there is no legal way that they can be forced to do it. If they could, Trump's attorneys would have already been working on making that happen. And you are flat wrong about it not costing the city anything to incarcerate federal suspects. Cities have been asking for reimbursement this for decades, and the feds have consistently refused to do it.

Sanctuary city - Wikipedia

"Following the passage of Arizona SB 1070, a state law, few if any cities in Arizona are "sanctuary cities." A provision of SB 1070 requires local authorities to "contact federal immigration authorities if they develop reasonable suspicion that a person they've detained or arrested is in the country illegally."[22] The Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates restrictive immigration policies, labels only one city in the state, South Tucson, a "sanctuary city"; the label is because South Tucson does not honor ICE detainers "unless ICE pays for cost of detention".[22]"

[
Former Moderator and can not even get quotes right while defending the wanton unjustified murder of children.

Few things here:

I didn't justify the murder of anybody. Let alone children. That was on Koresh. Nobody else. He could have gone quietly. Let's see, you advocate a person with a Jesus complex and demanded that is male followers wives sleep with him and him only. Yeah, a great environment for children.

You talk about fucking up quotes like it even matters. If I took note of every typo and quote fuck up on this board I'd be here all day. Piss poor point.

I have never been, never wanted to be, or ever will be a moderator on this board.

[
Former Moderator and can not even get quotes right while defending the wanton unjustified murder of children.

Few things here:

I didn't justify the murder of anybody. Let alone children. That was on Koresh. Nobody else. He could have gone quietly. Let's see, you advocate a person with a Jesus complex and demanded that is male followers wives sleep with him and him only. Yeah, a great environment for children.

You talk about fucking up quotes like it even matters. If I took note of every typo and quote fuck up on this board I'd be here all day. Piss poor point.

I have never been, never wanted to be, or ever will be a moderator on this board.

I didn't justify the murder of anybody. Let alone children. That was on Koresh. Nobody else.

So let's say a bank robbery is taking place and a police officer enters. One of the robbers grabs a woman and puts his gun to her head. Do you think the officer should aggressively try to stop the robber while he's holding the woman hostage?

Authorities are trained to protect the innocent when they are unfortunately in the middle of a situation. That's why they don't storm a house when they know a hostage is in there. They stay outside and try to reason with the suspect unless it gets to the point they believe the hostage will die no matter what they do, or they see a break such as a SWAT sharp shooter having a clear shot at the suspect. When police are in a high speed pursuit of a vehicle, they are instructed to call off the chase if the vehicle starts moving too fast. They do so to protect the suspect and more importantly, the innocent public.

The children in that compound were innocent, I don't care what their parents were involved in, and precautions should have taken place because in a sense, those children were hostages. Even if children know their parents are wrong, they have to follow their orders because they are the parents.

I didn't want to get involved in this debate, but I have to chime in when you say that it's nobody else's fault. It was badly planned, badly executed, and it doesn't matter if Koresh was right or wrong. They made a huge mistake.

Forum List

Back