Even leftists are beginning to condemn the leftists shutting down free speech on college campuses

I saw Maher and agree but don't look for the right wing Christian colleges inviting or allowing liberal or Democrat speakers.

It works both ways, don't you think? If it does not work both ways, then you are a crying and whining hypocrite.

Blackrook Can you post even one example of a right wing fundie Christian college inviting or allowing a liberal or Democrat speaker? Please post it.

But, there is no threat to the First Amendment here. This has nothing at all to do with free speech.

‘F**king babies’: Bill Maher mercilessly tears into liberals, Berkeley for cancelling Ann Coulter

But you still see leftists defending it on this forum!!!

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Bullshit.

She never had any intention of speaking. This has been a typical right wing trolling ploy all along. It's what they do.

It's one of the oldest right wing talk radio trolling games in the book, and the faithful continue to swallow it like the 2 brain cell owners they are.

Right wingers don't care about free speech, AM talk radio and Fox News are proof of that.

They only care that their trolling is called out and exposed, so they can convince the two brain cell faithful to continue listening, by their books, and buy their sponsors products.

" LOOK EVERYBODY, THE LIBERALS AT BERKLEY ARE TAKING AWAY OUR SPEECH RIGHTS"

Next day on talk radio....

By Ann Coulters new book explaining how the Liberal elite control the media at our institutions like Berkley today. The new best seller on newstands every where....

And now, back to the Sean Hannity show, with his guest Milo, who vows to fight for his right to exercise his free speech rights against the commie devils and the elitists elites at the elitist commie liberal university controlled by the commie liberal elitist elites, who vow to destroy America.

But first a word from our sponsor...GoldLine.

Folks, we can't trust our own government that may very well go belly up tomorrow, hedge your portfolios with the only real currency...gold

And we'll be right back with Sean and Milo after 30 seconds, and now an important message from food storage solutions....

There are no words that can adequately describe just how loony tunes ignorant right wingers are. It's a special kind of loony tunes.

I saw Maher and agree but don't look for the right wing Christian colleges inviting or allowing liberal or Democrat speakers.
It works both ways, don't you think? If it does not work both ways, then you are a crying and whining hypocrite.
Difference is, Christian colleges are private institutions, and can pick and choose whom that want to speak on their campus.

Whereas, universities like Berkeley are publicly funded, and should be an open forum to all manner of speakers and view points. ..... :cool:

Hitler-Youth-burn-anti-Ge-006.jpg

When will the kids a Berkley have their Ann Coulter and Bible book burning?

When Ann stops trolling, and honestly intends to show up to speak.

Which she doesn't.

Which now makes you a troll to.

Which she doesn't.

I reckon for you to have any respect for me I should first shout you down and burn your PC to the ground.

Only then do I become "anti-troll" man.

Difference is, Christian colleges are private institutions, and can pick and choose whom that want to speak on their campus.

Whereas, universities like Berkeley are publicly funded, and should be an open forum to all manner of speakers and view points. ..... :cool:

Public or private?
No has nothing to do with the First Amendment.

Which she doesn't.

I reckon for you to have any respect for me I should first shout you down and burn your PC to the ground.

Only then do I become "anti-troll" man.

Respect is something earned, not given.

But hey, you have a sense of humor, so that says something about you.

Blackrook Can you post even one example of a right wing fundie Christian college inviting or allowing a liberal or Democrat speaker? Please post it.

But, there is no threat to the First Amendment here. This has nothing at all to do with free speech.

You're gonna lose this one. Because 1st of all the percentage of students subjected to "right wing colleges" is MINISCULE compared the censorship on the majority of campuses. And 2nd -- Liberty Univ had Bernie Sanders as a speaker. No demonstrations, no riots, no whining. Liberty doesn't focus on "retail" politics. They focus on issues and problems. And they have wide range of speakers.

I know that religious orientated Libscomb Univ in Nashville focuses ITS speakers on World Outreach and encouraging students to take part in GLOBAL movements to make life better overseas. That's a more productive use of guest speakers than political talking heads anyways.

You're gonna lose this one. Because 1st of all the percentage of students subjected to "right wing colleges" is MINISCULE compared the censorship on the majority of campuses. And 2nd -- Liberty Univ had Bernie Sanders as a speaker. No demonstrations, no riots, no whining. Liberty doesn't focus on "retail" politics. They focus on issues and problems. And they have wide range of speakers.

I know that religious orientated Libscomb Univ in Nashville focuses ITS speakers on World Outreach and encouraging students to take part in GLOBAL movements to make life better overseas. That's a more productive use of guest speakers than political talking heads anyways.

Sunni Man Read the First Amendment. Where does it say anything even vaguely related to your point? It doesn't. Moreover, congress did not 'make a law' concerning who could speak at Berkely.

This board is "public" but that doesn't mean they have to let everyone post here. Its just not related to "free speech" at all.

Just like public vs private is not germane, neither is the number of students.

You mention one college and that's fine. I can't think of right wing evangelical colleges but Bob Jones and Liberty come to mind. I daresay, that they and others avoid left, liberal, Democrat speakers.

The colleges, universities have the right to choose who they invite or allow to speak. @skews 1 makes a good point and one I had wondered about. That is, who invited her to speak? and WHY??

This board is "public" but that doesn't mean they have to let everyone post here. Its just not related to "free speech" at all.

Ah hem. . Cough Cough. Google and your ISP is NOT helping you practice free speech. But USMB does. And we pride ourselves on that. In a day when Google can FIRE you and pull your advertisers because they won't allow your content -- the private places like USMB HAVE to stand up. We DO let anyone post here by the rules. A lot of folks beat us up about harboring radicals and haters. But it's up to the membership to confront their BS..

‘F**king babies’: Bill Maher mercilessly tears into liberals, Berkeley for cancelling Ann Coulter

But you still see leftists defending it on this forum!!!

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

You seem to think all people in the left think the same, and act like partisan hacks just like you. They don't.

When the public perceives only two "winnable choices" and the leadership of those parties are devoid of consistent principles, you can't expect the followers to think much along any line but to "win". And 1/2 the country are LOSERS at the end of each election. That promotes the polarization.

And what you see with students attempting to deny others access to certain speakers is a direct PRODUCT of this polarization. NO ONE should fear merely retail political speech. It's mostly garbage anyways. So the speakers who are denied podiums are really no great loss. But the problem is --- even comedians won't do campuses anymore. Because the "allowable limits" of speech are closing rapidly........ It's gotta be reversed. Or college will become even more irrelevant.

Forum List

Back