Texas Threatens Jail for International Election Observers

Damn right you have to love Texas. I haven't seen an amendment to the Constitution that allows a foreign authority to supervise American elections. Texas has the balls to keep the voters from being intimidated by people who aren't registered to vote much less have the authority to "supervise" voting. Next thing you know Holder will hire his new-black-panther sissies to monitor the voting.

Well this is much to answer, but i think i am up to the challengr...

First though I must address charles' drama queen comment. Unnecessary and uncalled for please check your emotions at the login screen.

I will assume most of you are parents if not grandparents. As your little ones grew did you change your spproach? Or did you maintain the same cultivation methods at 15 that you applied at 8?

Same change in approach applies here. As societal needs are not constant nor can our approach to preserve and protect be.

The USA lacks nothing except its ability to realize there might be more.

Damn right you have to love Texas. I haven't seen an amendment to the Constitution that allows a foreign authority to supervise American elections. Texas has the balls to keep the voters from being intimidated by people who aren't registered to vote much less have the authority to "supervise" voting. Next thing you know Holder will hire his new-black-panther sissies to monitor the voting.

supervise isn't observe.

you'd know that if you weren't a moron.

First though I must address charles' drama queen comment. Unnecessary and uncalled for please check your emotions at the login screen.

I will assume most of you are parents if not grandparents. As your little ones grew did you change your spproach? Or did you maintain the same cultivation methods at 15 that you applied at 8?

Same change in approach applies here. As societal needs are not constant nor can our approach to preserve and protect be.

Not sure what any of what you said has to do with this issue.

oh and sorry for the Drama Queen comment, But you did imply people are saying UN observers threaten our existence, which I have not seen one person say. Mostly I just see people saying we don't need them.

Well, I'll tell ya's what - why don't we have federal marshalls monitor some of the elections? Surely Texas would welcome federal marshalls at the polling stations.

by Owen

You have to love Texas sometimes.

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott further fueled the controversy on Tuesday when he sent a letter to the OSCE warning the organization that its representatives “are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place” and that it “may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance.”

{extended} Texas sparks international row with election observers - The Hill's Global Affairs

There is also another state - can't remember which - that is threatening the same! :clap2:

What is the Texas AG afraid of, what is he hiding?

Outsider influence of a lawful election. We in Texas do not need the UN trying to tamper with our elections. I for one would be greatly disappointed if the UN was allowed to violate state election laws. It would be a great feeling and honor to throw one of those outsiders in jail.
If you have evidence that the UN workers are tampering with your election post it.

This is a gross overreaction to these observers. This is not a big deal.

The UN should have no part of our elections and by sending in so called monitors requested by no surprise...

Liberal-leaning civil rights groups met with representatives from the OSCE this week to raise their fears about what they say are systematic efforts to suppress minority voters likely to vote for President Obama.

The monitors have absolutely no power to do anything. They are observing, plain and simple. We send observers to other countries all the time.

Then you think it's fine for US to interject our policies into other nations' elections?

I voted for Romney this week. A vote for Romney is a vote against the Tea Party.

Our vested interest is to always set the example. You are afraid.

You seem to have a "vested interest", Ernie. What is it?
We have everything to worry about when we allow out elections to be "monitored" by an organization with a vested interest in the outcome.

How about in stead of the UN, we hire the TEA Party to monitor our elections?

Fair election, Jake. unfettered by foreign influence. You seem to be vested in an obama win, despite your bullshit to the contrary.

I can see how that the 'Conservatives' would have a problem with anybody from a foreign nation observing our voting. Xenophobia is a big part of the 'Conservative' mindset. Fear of what is new, differant, or not understood concerns these people far more than the legalities or the ethics of any situation. Fear of foriegners, even from scandanavia or germany, observing our elections is natural for them. Fear of energy from something other than fossil fuels or nuclear is natural for them. And fear of what scientists study is natural for them, for one of the hallmarks of the 'Conservative' is intellectual laziness.

I can see how that the 'Conservatives' would have a problem with anybody from a foreign nation observing our voting. Xenophobia is a big part of the 'Conservative' mindset. Fear of what is new, differant, or not understood concerns these people far more than the legalities or the ethics of any situation. Fear of foriegners, even from scandanavia or germany, observing our elections is natural for them. Fear of energy from something other than fossil fuels or nuclear is natural for them. And fear of what scientists study is natural for them, for one of the hallmarks of the 'Conservative' is intellectual laziness.

I can see why liberals would embrace illegal polling place observers.

Disinterest in complying with our laws is a hallmark of modern American "liberalism."

If one has to explain to you why our country should not have one of its greatest freedoms,voting in a free election, observed by people from 3rd world oppressed countries....well you know...there is no hope and changy thing.

Don't quote Sarah Palin, you sound like a moron.

Well, I'll tell ya's what - why don't we have federal marshalls monitor some of the elections? Surely Texas would welcome federal marshalls at the polling stations.

Lordy, couldn't do that! Having Marshals there really would intimidate all the illegals who will be attempting to vote for their pandering king of amnesty.

Shucks, Hoss, if you could read, you'd know illegals can't vote.

But village idiots like you still get that right... if your bus stops near a poling place.

Lordy, couldn't do that! Having Marshals there really would intimidate all the illegals who will be attempting to vote for their pandering king of amnesty.

But village idiots like you still get that right... if your bus stops near a poling place.

Stupid motherfucker: Yeah, Hazmutt, you.

Illegal aliens cannot vote LEGALLY in American elections.

That's not quite the same thing as saying they can't vote, you moron.

The above wise and appropriate pragmatism is heresy to fearful conservatives blindly adhering to rightist dogma.

Exactly.

If one has to explain to you why our country should not have one of its greatest freedoms,voting in a free election, observed by people from 3rd world oppressed countries....well you know...there is no hope and changy thing.

Don't quote Sarah Palin, you sound like a moron.

Not being a Palin groupie like yourself apparently I had no idea what I posted quoted her. I was co-opting Obama's failed 2008 phrase...er I mean promise.

Federal Marshals work directly for the Sitting President. Somehow I think people would call armed federal Marshals that work for one of the Candidate, being at polling places, intimidation.

Stupid motherfucker: Yeah, Hazmutt, you.

Illegal aliens cannot vote LEGALLY in American elections.

That's not quite the same thing as saying they can't vote, you moron.
Sure, so many illegal people are anxious to risk jail time and deportation for a vote.

Forum List

Back