Texas Threatens Jail for International Election Observers

Impartial from the UN? Monitors from oppressed third world countries are impartial in what manner exactly? What do they know about this country or how our systems work?

if they don't know anything, how can they be anything but impartial?

all y'all get outraged about the strangest things.

Outraged? Hmmmm I am discussing a topic. I do that a lot here. I never ever feel an emotion like "outrage" when I do.

I may be amused, interested, against, for, or perhaps even saddened but I can assure you Kiki that nothing that is posted here will every bring an emotion as strong as "outrage" to my being. lol

i'm not kiki.

do you consider germany to be third world country?

they've been doing this since 2002.

clearly, it's the end of the world as we know it.

Umm, actually, yeah . . . it is. Hint: keep the pet names to yourself. :lol:

No is questioning your opinions, only that you think "feelings" somehow have weight.

With you, sure; no one else.

And there is no problem at all. You have posted only vague, paranoid remarks.

See, you are expressing your unsupported "feelings". That is paranoi.

Thanks for the reply.

Um no. Let me help you dear Jake. I am posting my opinions on another topic on another thread, this one to be exact. Yikes! What a maverick I am here. :lol:

if they don't know anything, how can they be anything but impartial?

all y'all get outraged about the strangest things.

Outraged? Hmmmm I am discussing a topic. I do that a lot here. I never ever feel an emotion like "outrage" when I do.

I may be amused, interested, against, for, or perhaps even saddened but I can assure you Kiki that nothing that is posted here will every bring an emotion as strong as "outrage" to my being. lol

i'm not kiki.

do you consider germany to be third world country?

they've been doing this since 2002.

clearly, it's the end of the world as we know it.

Nah, I am quite aware Germany was in the mix. I had no idea I would need to note they are not one of the third world countries I was referring to Del. But thanks for checking to be sure I was up on my geo-politics.

And yes, if you read my various posts and links on this topic I did note that this was not the first time for UN observers on US soil during our elections.

Did I forget to mention I also made comments about that then albeit not here at this venue?

Now as far as your perception that I believe this to be the end of the world may I help you out there del? Work on your hyperbole. I am neither outraged or expecting the world to end any time soon. :eusa_angel: I am simply doing what we all do on these crazy ass threads, giving my opinions. Like 'em or leave 'em but always enjoy the exercise. I know I do.

Umm, actually, yeah . . . it is. Hint: keep the pet names to yourself. :lol:

No is questioning your opinions, only that you think "feelings" somehow have weight.

With you, sure; no one else.

And there is no problem at all. You have posted only vague, paranoid remarks.

See, you are expressing your unsupported "feelings". That is paranoi.

Thanks for the reply.

Um no. Let me help you dear Jake. I am posting my opinions on another topic on another thread, this one to be exact. Yikes! What a maverick I am here. :lol:

I give back what I get Jake. Condescension can always be a two-way street. Backatcha. By the way your method of quoting is not very common. :eusa_shifty: Makes responding to your posts an option I may not engage in often.

by Owen

You have to love Texas sometimes.

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott further fueled the controversy on Tuesday when he sent a letter to the OSCE warning the organization that its representatives “are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place” and that it “may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance.”

{extended} Texas sparks international row with election observers - The Hill's Global Affairs

There is also another state - can't remember which - that is threatening the same! :clap2:

that's what you admire?

*yawn*

it's ok.. georgia didn't like it when the military had to march black kids into it's white schools either.

If one has to explain to you why our country should not have one of its greatest freedoms, voting in a free election, observed by people from 3rd world oppressed countries....well you know...there is no hope and changy thing.

If you think elections in the US shouldn't be observed by impartial observers, you have a very uninformed view of American elections.

Impartial? You're kidding right?

Immie

UN law does not outweight our sovereignity at all. But why should we be worried if we have nothing to worry about? Just put the GOP/Dem authorized Texas watchers watching the UN registered voter/watchers.

We have everything to worry about when we allow out elections to be "monitored" by an organization with a vested interest in the outcome.

How about in stead of the UN, we hire the TEA Party to monitor our elections?

You seem to have a "vested interest", Ernie. What is it?
UN law does not outweight our sovereignity at all. But why should we be worried if we have nothing to worry about? Just put the GOP/Dem authorized Texas watchers watching the UN registered voter/watchers.

We have everything to worry about when we allow out elections to be "monitored" by an organization with a vested interest in the outcome.

You seem to have a "vested interest", Ernie. What is it?

Fair election, Jake. unfettered by foreign influence. You seem to be vested in an obama win, despite your bullshit to the contrary.

And we know the watchers will not be registered Texan voters because .. . . . ?

That's pretty clear. A designated watcher in TX has to be a registered voter in the county where the voting takes place. Unless the UN can scrounge up some Texans to represent them, the plot to inflict foreign observers on the Texas electorate is null and void.

Because they all carry passports from other countries?

One, what are you worried about?

TWo, apparently some Americans are concerned about voting irregularities. Were not you complaining about NBPP intimidation?

Three, if the USA is a signatory to a UN Treaty about such matter, federal law overrules state law in this matter.

It sets an abysmal precedent. Have you ever heard about the proverbial camel's nose? They are not needed, they are not wanted by Americans.

One, it is illegal.

Two, apparently some Americans are worried about black helicopters and aliens.

Three, feel free to point out the federal law that applies.

In this country, it is illegal for any group to be within 100 feet of a polling place, including candidates and political parties.

That is false. It may be the law in your state, but I know for a fact it is not a federal law because I have worked on campaigns in the past.

I think you should read the sections of the civil rights act that apply to voter intimidation and get back to me with an apology.

In this country, it is illegal for any group to be within 100 feet of a polling place, including candidates and political parties.

That is false. It may be the law in your state, but I know for a fact it is not a federal law because I have worked on campaigns in the past.

They can be there as long as they don't Campaign, or Attempt to intimidate voters.

Which means they have to stay a set difference away from the polling place.

Thanks for proving they aren't registered voters in Texas.

The observers, from countries such as Germany, France, Serbia, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, will observe voting at polling places and other political activity.

by Owen

You have to love Texas sometimes.

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott further fueled the controversy on Tuesday when he sent a letter to the OSCE warning the organization that its representatives “are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place” and that it “may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance.”

{extended} Texas sparks international row with election observers - The Hill's Global Affairs

There is also another state - can't remember which - that is threatening the same! :clap2:

What is the Texas AG afraid of, what is he hiding?

Reminds me of all those Texicans supporting the origional Patriot Act.
Why worry about it unless you have something to hide...

Forum List

Back