Texas Abortion bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, God is the leading cause of death. He obviously has absolutely no problem with murder. God even has no problem with killing children. So let's stop pretending that abortion is anything that God would be against.

God has the keys of life and death. That is why he has given mankind strict commandments concerning how life begins and life ends. I cannot imagine that you don't see the difference between the lawful giving and taking of life verses the unlawful giving and taking of life.

The Lord has paid for our lives with His blood. He has enabled every one of us to rise from the dead, no matter what we do. It's his right to determine when and where we come into the world and leave it no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

How about one of these days you try to get to know God instead of mocking things you admit you dont know anything about?

I know plenty about God. More than you it seems. God, if he were to exist, would certainly not be against abortion because, if he were to exist, is certainly the greatest cause of death we have ever known.

How do you think you know someone you've never served and who you don't even acknowledge or belief exists?

You don't know anything about God. If you did, you wouldn't claim He didn't exist.

Again, I hope you someday try to get to know God instead of mocking things you admit you dont know about.

not gonna work kgrill :thup: The people have spoken. We are a nation of laws NOT the talibanesque restrictions you want to put on women because of your sky pixie.

Last edited:
Yup, the protestors acted just like TPM in the town hall meetings.

Either or, folks; either or.

How exactly is peacefully asking qustions and challenging a representative in a press conference/town hall meeting, anything like violently mobbing a legislature during a vote?

The people didn't speak at all, ghoul.

A mob applied strong-arm bully tactics to circumvent the will of the people.

Last edited:
Oh look, a lovely mob physically prevents filing:

"Hundreds of jeering protesters helped stop Texas lawmakers from passing one of the toughest abortion measures in the country, shouting down Senate Republicans and forcing them to miss a midnight deadline to pass the bill.

This was an attack upon democracy and the democratic process.

Next time Neo-Nazis will yell and scream to prevent gay-rights bills from being passed.

When was the last time Neo-Nazis or anyone else do this to try to prevent a so called gay rights bill from being passed?

I heard the bill would have reduced the number of clinics that perform abortions in Texas down to 5. Is that true?

How many abortions are actually performed after 20 weeks in Texas each year?

How many of those are done to save the life of the mother or avoid undue suffering on the part of the mother and/or future baby?

Answer these questions......and maybe reasonable becomes ridiculous.

Great post --

These are the things the anti-medicine and anti-freedom people DON'T want to talk about.

The underage incest victim that doesn't come forward (because she doesn't show) until 18 weeks and her mother (ashamed) doesn't get her to a clinic until 20 weeks.

The anti-women crowd also doesn't like to talk about the fact that we take people off life support (terminate a life) EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

You're talking about .03% of abortions. It's the least-commin reason given for abortion.

Nevertheless, in the vanishingly rare cases you're talking about, nothing in the law prevents the girl traveling to an abortion-friendly state.

Much ado about nothing. Of course, all you have is hyperemotionalism, so what go gonna do? :dunno:

It's a good day for misogynists like DC...women will continue to be killed and abused in the name of babykilling.

Win/win! Woo hoo! Throw a big abortion party, death cultists...

a victory for women. Why men think they can write LEGITIMATE legislation controlling/enslaving women is beyond me. :eusa_eh: Oops, :redface: oh yeah, there's a lot of xstians :eusa_pray: down there

Protecting the life of a child doesnt enslav a woman.

And the reason we believe we can write legitimate legislation is we happen to believe we live in A Constitutional Republic where we participate in making laws by electing representatives to establish laws reflecting our viewpoints.

Granted. It could be that we no longer do live in such a Republic. but i havent seen any concrete evidence for that yet.

I heard the bill would have reduced the number of clinics that perform abortions in Texas down to 5. Is that true?

How many abortions are actually performed after 20 weeks in Texas each year?

How many of those are done to save the life of the mother or avoid undue suffering on the part of the mother and/or future baby?

Answer these questions......and maybe reasonable becomes ridiculous.

Great post --

These are the things the anti-medicine and anti-freedom people DON'T want to talk about.

The underage incest victim that doesn't come forward (because she doesn't show) until 18 weeks and her mother (ashamed) doesn't get her to a clinic until 20 weeks.

The anti-women crowd also doesn't like to talk about the fact that we take people off life support (terminate a life) EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

You're talking about .03% of abortions. It's the least-commin reason given for abortion.

Nevertheless, in the vanishingly rare cases you're talking about, nothing in the law prevents the girl traveling to an abortion-friendly state.

Much ado about nothing. Of course, all you have is hyperemotionalism, so what go gonna do? :dunno:

Hazel prefers that underaged incest victims have their uteruses scraped at the behest of their abusers, and returned to them for more fun and games..

Cuz that's how much they love them!

And koshergrl supports the screamers and yellers in the town hall meetings.

This is called hypocrisy.
she's the hypocrit-in-chief
The people didn't speak at all, ghoul.

A mob applied strong-arm bully tactics to circumvent the will of the people.

:eusa_hand: what are you bringing up the Tea Party town hall meetings for? :eusa_eh: That was years ago

Last edited:
...terminating life support the private decision of a loving family.

anyone here ever do that ?

i did, my Father had a living will that stated NO MEANS OF ARTIFICIAL LIFE SUPPORT, after all the gadgets were taken off him, the hospital put him on oxygen and IV, he was in a deep coma and not ever expected to revive, it took me three days and a court order to pull the O2 and IV, as they were "ARTIFICIAL MEANS" of keeping his heart beating and breathing, once those things were removed, i sat holding his hand.., in less than 5 minutes he passed on, he was 95 y.o.
God bless you for carrying out your father's wishes.

a victory for women. Why men think they can write LEGITIMATE legislation controlling/enslaving women is beyond me. :eusa_eh: Oops, :redface: oh yeah, there's a lot of xstians :eusa_pray: down there

I am not christian but its not enslaving women its making people be more responsible...abortion is just a way for lazy people and ignorant people to get away with having indiscriminate sex without having to deal with a possible consequence of that action which is a baby. I didn't want a 3rd baby but when my wife got pregnant she had the baby and I love my little girl just like I love her brother and sister...

The Forces of Darkness defeated again.....

AUSTIN — A bill that would have given Texas one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country died amid chaos at the end of the special legislative session overnight.

After Republicans used strict interpretations of Senate rules to knock Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, off her marathon filibuster intended to block a vote on the measure before the midnight Tuesday deadline, abortion-rights advocates watching the session erupted in a loud protest.

After a delay of several minutes, it appeared senators voted 19-10 in favor of the bill, almost entirely along party lines. Democrats said the vote came too late, but Republicans declared victory on the matter.

Shortly after 2 a.m. Wednesday, a very upset Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst finally came to the dais to address the press and chamber on the fate of Senate Bill 5 and the crowd that at times drowned out the proceedings.

“Members, the constitutional time for the first called session for the 83rd Legislature has expired,” Dewhurst said. “Senate Bill 5 cannot be signed in the presence of the Senate at this time and therefore cannot be enrolled. It’s been fun, but, uh, see you soon.

Abortion bill dies in Texas Senate after filibuster, crowd outburst | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

It is a momentary defeat for Republicans and they will eventually push this through

But it is a case of Republicans winning the battle and losing the war. They will appease their anti-abortion faction and win brownie points but they will lose the vote of more and more women. Not just in Texas, but around the country

It is not just the fact that they are changing the rules and defacto outlawing abortion but the fact that they bullied it through and stomped on the rights of Texas women

They will pay the price in the long run

Here we have another good Democrat who insists that women are nothing more than consequence-free, sex-loving genitals.

Do you misogynists really not understand that women are thinking human beings?

Sure doesn't look like.

Last edited:
I could abide that.

Moonbats are always whining about "over population".

It's time they stepped up to the plate and put their welfare checks where their mouth is.

Hell, for all their shrieking about global warming and CO2 you'd think they'd be willing to stop contributing to the "problem" and hold their breath forever.

Imagine how much cooler the world would be if bed wetters stopped exhaling.

Compassionate conservatism. We care about you when you are a fetus. When you are a grown adult... let them die.

The right wingers are a bunch of idiots aren't they?

"But those poor poor little angels! Every child is a gift from god and abortion is evil!"

:baby is born:

"Screw you and your baby you good for nothing leech! No funds for food! No funds for health care! No funds for housing! No funds for education! Get off of welfare so I don't have to pay for your hellspawn and get a job!

Wow....THAT was a stupid rant! And all lies. Hope you feel better tho! :cuckoo:

I could abide that.

Moonbats are always whining about "over population".

It's time they stepped up to the plate and put their welfare checks where their mouth is.

Hell, for all their shrieking about global warming and CO2 you'd think they'd be willing to stop contributing to the "problem" and hold their breath forever.

Imagine how much cooler the world would be if bed wetters stopped exhaling.

Compassionate conservatism. We care about you when you are a fetus. When you are a grown adult... let them die.

The right wingers are a bunch of idiots aren't they?

"But those poor poor little angels! Every child is a gift from god and abortion is evil!"

:baby is born:

"Screw you and your baby you good for nothing leech! No funds for food! No funds for health care! No funds for housing! No funds for education! Get off of welfare so I don't have to pay for your hellspawn and get a job!

Is it possible to have you make an argument that doesnt involve straw men?

The bill died because Wendy Davis staged an old school filibuster. The onlookers chanted "shame" only during the last 15 min. The republicans reps then changed the time on the vote and pretended they got it in on time, only relenting that they didn't when computer print outs proved their deception.

The Forces of Darkness defeated again.....

AUSTIN — A bill that would have given Texas one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country died amid chaos at the end of the special legislative session overnight.

After Republicans used strict interpretations of Senate rules to knock Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, off her marathon filibuster intended to block a vote on the measure before the midnight Tuesday deadline, abortion-rights advocates watching the session erupted in a loud protest.

After a delay of several minutes, it appeared senators voted 19-10 in favor of the bill, almost entirely along party lines. Democrats said the vote came too late, but Republicans declared victory on the matter.

Shortly after 2 a.m. Wednesday, a very upset Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst finally came to the dais to address the press and chamber on the fate of Senate Bill 5 and the crowd that at times drowned out the proceedings.

“Members, the constitutional time for the first called session for the 83rd Legislature has expired,” Dewhurst said. “Senate Bill 5 cannot be signed in the presence of the Senate at this time and therefore cannot be enrolled. It’s been fun, but, uh, see you soon.

Abortion bill dies in Texas Senate after filibuster, crowd outburst | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Who would have ever thought that the "forces of light" would be a mob in favor of unborn children dying?

I am not christian but its not enslaving women its making people be more responsible...abortion is just a way for lazy people and ignorant people to get away with having indiscriminate sex without having to deal with a possible consequence of that action which is a baby. I didn't want a 3rd baby but when my wife got pregnant she had the baby and I love my little girl just like I love her brother and sister...

I wasn't planning on a 4th child. I had to have a hysterectomy and my Dr said if we wanted any more we should have one right away. We had 3 boys, I always said I would have another if I was GUARANTEED a girl, which is impossible, so I opted for the hyst. The night before the surgery, they always do a pregancy test and mine came back positive!! My Dr actually gave me the option of going ahead with the surgery....which of course I wouldn't do. Luckily there hadn't been any cancer found so I could carry the baby to term.....I HAD MY GIRL! :) Then surgery 6 wks later....I was laid up for a while :) But it was worth it all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back