Terrible Start To Black History Month

What a superb letter!

I note that the master was required to provide medical care to his slaves and did not charge them. The letter agrees that the costs of such provided services should be deducted from past unpaid wages. As should lodging, food and clothing. The former slave is absolutely entitled to the balance of whatever they should have been paid for their labors.

Interestingly is how easily slaves accept that it is duty of the master to provide things like medical care, housing, food, clothing to slaves.

Black people haven't changed much.

What an ignorant thing to say.:eusa_hand:

Googled:

Black History Month: February
Asian-Pacific American Month: May
Gay and Lesbian Pride Month: June
National Hispanic Heritage Month: Sept. 15 - Oct. 15
White History Month: none found
Heterosexual Pride Month: none found

We're all equal. Some are just more equal than others.

Yeah... just look at how Downtrodden us Whiteys are....look at the average socioeconomic status of the average white person.... it's a shame how unequally we are treated...We should have not only a month, but two months solely dedicated to our plight?:whip:

The only people keeping blacks down are democrats and liberals, noone elese. Hell, we have a black president, what the hell are you guys bitching about?

I put up a speech by a man called Frederick Douglass. Dedicating a monument to President Lincoln.

No young blacks on the board knew who he was. Enough said.

It was a very sad moment for me.

Would you like to counter me sir or madame?

That statement right there tells me we DEFINENTLY need a Black History Month.:doubt:

A Black History Month is only as good as those choosing the historical figures. Frederick Douglass doesn't make the cut, not even to black people.

Thats not true.

I put up a speech by a man called Frederick Douglass. Dedicating a monument to President Lincoln.

No young blacks on the board knew who he was. Enough said.

It was a very sad moment for me.

Would you like to counter me sir or madame?

That statement right there tells me we DEFINENTLY need a Black History Month.:doubt:

A Black History Month is only as good as those choosing the historical figures. Frederick Douglass doesn't make the cut, not even to black people.

whats your beef with fabulous freddy douglass? why doesnt he warrant being remembered? too threatening to you?

Uhm....yes, it does.

How?

Since PR's get a week.
Asians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Mexicans get nothing
Whites get St. Paddys day

How does separation blacks out for special treatment benefit America as a whole?

Thats not true.

National Hispanic Heritage Month

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Celebrating Irish-American Heritage Month

Native American Heritage Month 2011

Mexicans,asians,st patricks day and indians. Still no white history month in there yet.

How?

Since PR's get a week.
Asians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Mexicans get nothing
Whites get St. Paddys day

How does separation blacks out for special treatment benefit America as a whole?

Thats not true.

National Hispanic Heritage Month

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Native American Heritage Month 2011

Mexicans,asians,st patricks day and indians. Still no white history month in there yet.

Depends on what kind of white folks you talkin about.

German American Heritage Month

National Italian American Heritage Month

If you want to package it together and just have a White History month I am fine with that, my mother is Irish.

whats your beef with fabulous freddy douglass? why doesnt he warrant being remembered? too threatening to you?

I was wondering the same thing.

I love Frederick Douglass:clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXPUYWFbGI]In the Words of Frederick Douglass - YouTube[/ame]

I was wondering the same thing.

I love Frederick Douglass:clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXPUYWFbGI]In the Words of Frederick Douglass - YouTube[/ame]

Me too I read his biography, very impressive stuff. He actually sat by his old slave masters side on the day that he died, I don't see whats not to like.

In spite of the revisionist history taught today once Frederick Douglass read the Constitution and the federalist paper he knew the truth

Frederick Douglass, the escaped former slave, self-taught author and editor, and leading abolitionist orator, thought not. "Take the Constitution according to its plain reading," he challenged the Rochester Ladies Anti-Slavery Society on July 5, 1852, in Rochester, New York. "I defy the presentation of a single pro-slavery clause in it." In fact, Douglass told the crowd gathered to hear his Independence Day address, "Interpreted as it ought to be interpreted, the Constitution is a glorious liberty document."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTMD2e6H27s]3 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back