Terrible Start To Black History Month

Googled:

Black History Month: February
Asian-Pacific American Month: May
Gay and Lesbian Pride Month: June
National Hispanic Heritage Month: Sept. 15 - Oct. 15
White History Month: none found
Heterosexual Pride Month: none found

We're all equal. Some are just more equal than others.

Yeah... just look at how Downtrodden us Whiteys are....look at the average socioeconomic status of the average white person.... it's a shame how unequally we are treated...We should have not only a month, but two months solely dedicated to our plight?:whip:

???

This is about celebrating history and race and sexuality, not bellyaching about 'plight'. Isn't it?

No, one month for whites would be fine; then it will be equal to the others. Same for heterosexuals.

IS that what you want? Some fucking bullshit recognition in the name of equality? Quite the Liberal you are... fine let's do it... but first, let's divvy up all the wealth in the country and spread it around equally, if equality is what you're into....yeah...didn't think so.

Googled:

What does the above have to do with being equal? Because white history is taught all year around and blacks have Feb, Asians have May and Gays have June.

Go out and create a hetrosexual pride day...Nothing is stopping you from doing no matter how gay you'll look doing it :lol:

These months are for celebrating our history and race and sexuality! Whites and heterosexuals don't have their very own month with programs and info on the teevee. Gosh, how's that equal?

If celebrating one's heterosexuality is gay . . . what do you call celebrating one's homosexuality? Hmmm . . . . .

Yeah... just look at how Downtrodden us Whiteys are....look at the average socioeconomic status of the average white person.... it's a shame how unequally we are treated...We should have not only a month, but two months solely dedicated to our plight?:whip:

???

This is about celebrating history and race and sexuality, not bellyaching about 'plight'. Isn't it?

No, one month for whites would be fine; then it will be equal to the others. Same for heterosexuals.

IS that what you want? Some fucking bullshit recognition in the name of equality? Quite the Liberal you are... fine let's do it... but first, let's divvy up all the wealth in the country and spread it around equally, if equality is what you're into....yeah...didn't think so.

My, my you're all a-twitter.

Why so annoyed? If other races and sexualities have their very own month why does the thought of a white history month and a heterosexual pride month bother you?

And what's all this about spread the wealth . . . I'm just talking about one itty, bitty month to celebrate all the wonderful things that whites have contributed to this great country. And one itty bitty month to celebrate the pride of being a hetero.

Being equal means we all get to a month to celebrate! Oooo, partaay.

Googled:

What does the above have to do with being equal? Because white history is taught all year around and blacks have Feb, Asians have May and Gays have June.

Go out and create a hetrosexual pride day...Nothing is stopping you from doing no matter how gay you'll look doing it :lol:

These months are for celebrating our history and race and sexuality! Whites and heterosexuals don't have their very own month with programs and info on the teevee. Gosh, how's that equal?

If celebrating one's heterosexuality is gay . . . what do you call celebrating one's homosexuality? Hmmm . . . . .

I bet those liberals are stopping you from celebrating hetrosexual pride, right?

Last edited:

I bet those liberals are stopping you from celebrating hetrosexual pride, right?

Are you playing dense or actually dense? Heteros don't have a month! No mention of it ever on the teevee! Homosexuals get a whole month to officially celebrate their gay pride. Why isn't there a hetero pride month?

So it's equal if homos have a specific month set aside but not equal for heteros to have the same?

You lefties confuse me.

How sensitive you are? I know... those mean Bull queers bully us timid heterosexuals to the point of suicide all the time.

How sensitive you are? I know... those mean Bull queers bully us timid heterosexuals to the point of suicide all the time.

What are you babbling about? Did you forget to take your ADD meds cause you sure can't seem to focus on what I'm saying. Oh, is your post a strawman? It is, it is!

Are you playing dense or actually dense? Heteros don't have a month! No mention of it ever on the teevee! Homosexuals get a whole month to officially celebrate their gay pride. Why isn't there a hetero pride month?

So it's equal if homos have a specific month set aside but not equal for heteros to have the same?

You lefties confuse me.

The reason Blacks have a month is because someone pushed it and others backed it

what is stopping you or anyone else from pushing for a White History month or Hetrosexual Pride parades? Liberals?

You lefties confuse me.

The reason Blacks have a month is because someone pushed it and others backed it

what is stopping you or anyone else from pushing for a White History month or Hetrosexual Pride parades? Liberals?

Not a thing. Think it will fly? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. TPTB will react the way you and others have . . that somehow it's 'uppity' to even say it.

You lefties confuse me.

Not a thing. Think it will fly? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. TPTB will react the way you and others have . . that somehow it's 'uppity' to even say it.

Wait...It seems that having a white history month and Hetrosexual Pride parade is important to you. You even called it unfair, and you mean to tell me you havent done shit to make it happen and wont do shit to make it happen?

What are you babbling about? Did you forget to take your ADD meds cause you sure can't seem to focus on what I'm saying. Oh, is your post a strawman? It is, it is!

Why do you think gays have a month? To raise public awareness that they are just as much of a Citizen of this country as you and I....Any reasonable person knows this already... but there are many unreasonable people out there. If it will make their lives a little better and perhaps keep a few people from jumping out in front of 18 wheelers, I'm cool with that.

here's a link you should read.
Tragic Death | Brandon Bitner Memorial

The kid was from my School District and my daughter's friend.

Because blacks have an intricate and important role in American history that somehow gets ignored and swept under the rug in the American public schools...and private for that matter.

One has to literally major in African American studies in college to find out what contributions Blacks made to this country and the world in general.

What did Middle Easterners have to do with the development of this country I ask you?

I put up a speech by a man called Frederick Douglass. Dedicating a monument to President Lincoln.

No young blacks on the board knew who he was. Enough said.

It was a very sad moment for me.

Would you like to counter me sir or madame?
Doesn't your statement bolster the argument FOR a need a Black History Month?

I'm not sure where you're coming from here.

It means that whatever history we are teaching dearheart, the teachers are not succeeding.

I can almost speak that speech given by a black man in dedication to President Lincoln word for word.

I admire Frederick Douglass so much. Such an amazing man.

His words were written by him. His dedication speech to Lincoln brings me to my knees every time. It makes me cry. He embodies the civil war in one speech.

And I can feel it. Now don't go off on me here. Because we have really let our children down here if they can't feel history.

First day of black history month.

Dare you to go out into any neighborhood and ask a kid of any color who Douglass was.

Dare you.

You will hear silence. Therein lies the pity.

Shit most people cant name the VP of the US...but can name the cast of Jersey Shore. That has nothing to do with blacks tho

Shit most people cant name the VP of the US...but can name the cast of Jersey Shore. That has nothing to do with blacks tho

For true.

My dad was a huge history buff. So first trip to the US was to Gettysburgh. No Disneyland, no fun.

My freaking father took me to Gettysburgh to watch recreations of amputations for Civil War Vets.

Other kids go to fun parks. Nope I'm in Gettysburgh on the family vacation. :lol:

Some times when I get testy over history. Give me a pass ok? Have some mercy on me.

Last edited:

Seriously, ever heard Hannity do "man on the street?". Hell's bells you'll run for Croatia I swear or Tierra del Fuego to be your country.

Wait...It seems that having a white history month and Hetrosexual Pride parade is important to you. You even called it unfair, and you mean to tell me you havent done shit to make it happen and wont do shit to make it happen?

It seems that what I said was that is wasn't equal. It isn't.

Why do you think gays have a month? To raise public awareness that they are just as much of a Citizen of this country as you and I....Any reasonable person knows this already... but there are many unreasonable people out there. If it will make their lives a little better and perhaps keep a few people from jumping out in front of 18 wheelers, I'm cool with that.

here's a link you should read.
Tragic Death | Brandon Bitner Memorial

The kid was from my School District and my daughter's friend.

Gays have a month to celebrate their sexuality . . .which they keep saying shouldn't make any difference and isn't any of my business. They're right, it doesn't and it isn't. They can live their lives without announcing their sexual preference, like most citizens . . because what you do in your private life is private. Time will blur the line and this will be a non-issue in the not too distant future. But since gays get a whole month to 'be proud' then, for equalities sake, so should heteros. E-qual-i-ty.

Here's a news flash, gays aren't the only ones committing suicide. We've already had two, 12 and 15 years old. Tragic.

It seems that what I said was that is wasn't equal. It isn't.

Sure it's equal since you can create any group or cause you want and try to make it recognized by the public. You, or someone else hasnt done it but you're free to do so.

One wonders -

What's with "BLACK" history month?
Aren't we all Americans?
Why bring race into it?
What next - Middle Eastern history month?

What have they contributed, less 9/11 for sure?

Yeah, black Americans are American. They're also black. There's no harm in highlighting achievements of great black people.

Does it make you uncomfortable or something?

American is not a race.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back