Terrible Start To Black History Month

It seems like the only kind of race talk conservatives will tolerate is negative talk. Anything related to race that is POSITIVE always comes under the demand that we only use "American" to describe people.

Race isn't a bad thing people. We're born this way. It's a part of most of our identities. Not the whole... a part.

Last edited:
Don was cooler than the underside of the pillow in an igloo.

Shitty way to go though, feel for his family.

One last, original, ride;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJT96yXNgVo&feature=related]ST Theme '71 - YouTube[/ame]

Does it really benafit our society to have a black history month?????

I don't think so.
Uhm....yes, it does.

How?

Since PR's get a week.
Asians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Mexicans get nothing
Whites get St. Paddys day

How does separation blacks out for special treatment benefit America as a whole?

I don't think so.
Uhm....yes, it does.

How?

Since PR's get a week.
Asians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Mexicans get nothing

How does separation blacks out for special treatment benefit America as a whole?
A lot of the historical and important contribution that blacks gave to this country are literally left out of the books. This month is a time to highlight such things.

Are the Irish the only whites in America/American history now? Interesting.

Uhm....yes, it does.

How?

Since PR's get a week.
Asians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Mexicans get nothing

A lot of the historical and important contribution that blacks gave to this country are literally left out of the books. This month is a time to highlight such things.

Are the Irish the only whites in America/American history now? Interesting.

:lol:

Ever been in Savannah on March 17th? I have. It doesn't matter what color or shade of color you are that day.

It's the day everyone on the planet become Irish and make fools of themselves.

Break out the shamrocks baby. They turn the fountains green. D's and R's don't matter that day. Blacks and whites don't matter that day.

We all become Irish. And it's a great day. No matter what color you are no matter what the history. It's party day.

Now my dad's name was Daniel Boone and I am Irish / Ukrainian don't ask :eusa_angel:. I party everywhere on the planet when it comes to the 17th of March.

You should too.

Ok.... WHY THE FUCK is there even a black history month?

Clearer?

snip
In the 1940s, efforts began slowly within the black community to expand the study of black history in the schools and black history celebrations before the public. In the South, black teachers often taught Negro History as a supplement to United States history. One early beneficiary of the movement reported that his teacher would hide Woodson’s textbook beneath his desk to avoid drawing the
wrath of the principal. During the Civil Rights Movement in the South, the Freedom Schools incorporated black history into the curriculum to advance social change. The Negro Historymovement was an intellectual insurgency that was part of every larger effort to transform race relations.

The 1960s had a dramatic effect on the study and celebration of black history. Before the decade was over, Negro History Week would be well on its way to becoming Black History Month. The shift to a month-long celebration began even before Dr. Woodson death. As early as 1940s, blacks in West Virginia, a state where Woodson often spoke, began to celebrate February as Negro History Month. In Chicago, a now forgotten cultural activist, Fredrick H. Hammaurabi, started celebrating Negro History Month in the mid-1960s. Having taken an African name in the 1930s, Hammaurabi used his cultural center, the House of Knowledge, to fuse African consciousness with the study of the black past. By the late 1960s, as young blacks on college campuses became increasingly conscious of links with Africa, Black History Month replaced Negro History Week at a quickening pace. Within the Association, younger intellectuals, part of the awakening, prodded Woodson’s organization to change with the times. They succeeded. In 1976, fifty years after the first celebration, the Association used its influence to institutionalize the shifts from a week to a month and from Negro history to black history. Since the mid-1970s, every American president, Democrat and Republican, has issued proclamations endorsing the Association’s annual theme.

History of Black History Month

So... tell me again why we need a black history month?

Just something else to rub in the faces of white folks who have also succeeded but dont get recognized. It's kinda like knocken the white man down a peg or two, and it's racist as well, to recognize one group over another.
But if you want to know the real reason why there is a black history month and not a white one it is because black people stood up for that, while whites continue to just sit on there hands and take body shots without fighting for it.

One wonders -

What's with "BLACK" history month?
Aren't we all Americans?
Why bring race into it?
What next - Middle Eastern history month?

What have they contributed, less 9/11 for sure?

Because blacks have an intricate and important role in American history that somehow gets ignored and swept under the rug in the American public schools...and private for that matter.

One has to literally major in African American studies in college to find out what contributions Blacks made to this country and the world in general.

What did Middle Easterners have to do with the development of this country I ask you?

My son is in 4th grade and still has not been taught anything about the founding fathers and the constitution, I have to teach him that at home to be sure he recognizes that important part of american hiostory, because the department of education is failing our kids in the real history of this country that created it. But guess what!? He has been taught all kinds of stuff about MLK and what not, isn't that awesome!?
In another generation our grandchildren will think MLK founded america in 1950 and Jimmy Hendrix was the first president.
I have no issues with black history month, none at all, but they need to start celebrating white history month as well, as that history "As far as america goes" was the history that this country was built on "Revolution, why we fought it, and the federalist papers etc".

How fucking ignorant are you? Ever hear of Steve Jobs? Ralph Nader? John Abizaid?

What a fucking idiot you are.
The only ignorance here is your ignorant rage.

Those are all modern people, just regular business folks. And I know what they've contributed...modern technology, regulations, etc.

However, how intricate is the Middle East in American History.

Snap out of it!!

Yeah, Apple Computer had nothing to do with the development of the U.S.

Go back to sleep Marky Mark.

Exactly, and I guarantee we will never hear a peep about eli whitney and the cotton gin anytime soon, even though it revolutionized the cotton industry.

One wonders -

Aren't we all Americans?
Why bring race into it?

Because blacks have an intricate and important role in American history that somehow gets ignored and swept under the rug in the American public schools...and private for that matter.

One has to literally major in African American studies in college to find out what contributions Blacks made to this country and the world in general.

What did Middle Easterners have to do with the development of this country I ask you?

Blame the lib they rewrite history becouse they don't want people to know the racists roots of the democrat party.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpezudbbZMA]Democrats and their Roots to Racism and the KKK - YouTube[/ame]

Truthmatters is really gonna have a hard time with this, maybe someone should go check on them to make sure they dont shoot themselves.

One wonders -

Aren't we all Americans?
Why bring race into it?

I put up a speech by a man called Frederick Douglass. Dedicating a monument to President Lincoln.

No young blacks on the board knew who he was. Enough said.

It was a very sad moment for me.

Would you like to counter me sir or madame?

That statement right there tells me we DEFINENTLY need a Black History Month.:doubt:

What a superb letter!

I note that the master was required to provide medical care to his slaves and did not charge them. The letter agrees that the costs of such provided services should be deducted from past unpaid wages. As should lodging, food and clothing. The former slave is absolutely entitled to the balance of whatever they should have been paid for their labors.

Interestingly is how easily slaves accept that it is duty of the master to provide things like medical care, housing, food, clothing to slaves.

Black people haven't changed much.

I don't think so.
Uhm....yes, it does.

How?

Since PR's get a week.
Asians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Indians get nothing
Mexicans get nothing

Thats not true.

National Hispanic Heritage Month

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Celebrating Irish-American Heritage Month

Native American Heritage Month 2011

I put up a speech by a man called Frederick Douglass. Dedicating a monument to President Lincoln.

No young blacks on the board knew who he was. Enough said.

It was a very sad moment for me.

Would you like to counter me sir or madame?

That statement right there tells me we DEFINENTLY need a Black History Month.:doubt:

A Black History Month is only as good as those choosing the historical figures. Frederick Douglass doesn't make the cut, not even to black people.

Forum List

Back