Term Limits? How Would That Affect the so-called "Deep State"?

This is all dreaming.

it takes a constitutional Amenement, with 2/3s voting yes, to change term limits....

It just, ain't gonna happen, no matter how much many citizens want it to change....
Does it take a cotus amendment? Correct me if I’m wrong but, it doesn’t say anything about how long one can remain in office one way or another. Also, the cotus, would seem to indicate that being in congress was really supposed to be a part time job, but it didn’t take a cotus ammendment for them to make government a full time thing.

The deep state are the bureaucrats who actually write the bills and our politicians basically spend all their time looking for ways to get reelected. Politicians do get to sell influence and get in on some sweet insider trades, both of which make them a lot of money, but they don't have a lot of time to write legislation. The deep state, on the other hand, gets to sell their influence to lobbyists (bribers) and they no doubt get kickbacks from the politicians they represent as well. In addition, they control the media, the education system and our multinational corporations, which they also shake down. In other words, the deep state is beholden to $$$$$, not doing what's best for the people. The deep state has totally sold out to the rich, establishment types. Trump is so popular with the people because he threatens to break up the monopoly the establishment deep state has on our government. Establishment elitists hate Trump because they hate when someone tries to reform their thieving ways and prevent them from looting our government. Neocons and Democrats represent most of the establishment elitists that are all in with our current, rigged system.

Most Americans don't have the slightest interest in democracy and participating in the responsibilities of citizenship anyway; they can't blame anybody but themselves. Govts. all over the planet pretty much do reflect the values of the people they rule over, and the same applies here in the U.S., same moral values, same narcissistic outlooks, zero concerns for anything or anybody beyond themselves. Nobody can rig elections unless the people allow them to. they can't sell influence and 'The Big Guy' can't demand 10% without the cooperation of the public.

Does it take a cotus amendment? Correct me if I’m wrong but, it doesn’t say anything about how long one can remain in office one way or another. Also, the cotus, would seem to indicate that being in congress was really supposed to be a part time job, but it didn’t take a cotus ammendment for them to make government a full time thing.

There are two ways to create Amendments and pass them into law. Most people don't seem to know that.

yeah sure right-wing nut job ... ya need to make shit up for your base to jump in feet first ...then your winner base can't figure out why everything is so bad for them ... after all they got the Republican nut job elected ...
Sounds like projection….

There is currently a discussion about term limits. I'm against term limits. The reason is two fold. First off...if you look at the folks who were in charge when you were growing up 30-40 years ago and you look at the elected officials of today; you'll find that with very few exceptions there are new faces and new names. Did the "corruption" go away with new faces? Nope. So thinking that it will go away if you force by statute a revolving door of new faces is rather silly. In fact, it will likely make corruption more of an issue since, if you want to look at it from the standpoint of an employer, employees who remain at their job longer are less apt to become corrupt and corrupt employees are usually discovered pretty quickly and terminated. The second reason is this. If I like my rep; I want to continue voting for her or him.

Most of the silly angst I hear on this board is usually about something those on the right call "the deep state." It has become their crutch (aka excuse) to explain whatever outcome they don't favor. You can't get a straight answer from anyone about what the "deep state" is but most often it is called the un-elected appointed officials who remain at their jobs and are able to make all sorts of mischief counter to the wishes of whatever conservative overlord is installed.

My question is this. Shouldn't there be "term limits" for these folks too--all government employees? Postal workers, teachers, the lady at the DMV, the guys in the NRO, CIA etc...
Why term limits?

Because about 80% of the country want them?

Oh, that's right, the Left hates democracy

My bad.

Well guess what, democracy hates the democrats.

Term Limits is just a BS wedge issue...

Term Limits means having less experience people running your country... This would mean Party machine & Civil Servants would increase their power as they would possess knowledge... Vast majority of areas in US are not competitive so the party machines will be passing out jobs for the loyalists to the machine..

What US needs is multi-seat districts and preference voting... Suddenly the map really does move... US would have at least 5 parties within 12 years with seats in Congress.. Independents would expand massively...
We all have seen what deeply experienced leadership becomes.

You wind up with politicians with dementia, stroke victims, etc. who are so freaking corrupt over the years it defies description.

Instead of them creating a world for us they will never have to live in, how about forcing them to create a world where they will soon have to make a living in themselves?

This is all dreaming.

it takes a constitutional Amenement, with 2/3s voting yes, to change term limits....

It just, ain't gonna happen, no matter how much many citizens want it to change....
The point of the OP was that the right wing constantly complains about these people whom they never name being deep state operatives. It would seem to me that they would not care so much about term limits for elected officials but care more about limiting how long Judy in accounting (for example) can hold her job since they seem to believe that she, somehow, steers the agency to favor us on the left.

Yeah, I know it's nuts but thats that they believe. This unnamed criminal organiazation.

This is all dreaming.
it takes a constitutional Amendment, with 2/3s voting yes, to change term limits....
Actually all it takes is 34 states to approve an amendment for it to be approved.
There is a movement now for a Convention of States.

Actually all it takes is 34 states to approve an amendment for it to be approved.
I wouldn't get my hopes up...

From 2013....

:auiqs.jpg:

I wouldn't get my hopes up...
From 2013....
1691580764247.png

All in due time my pretty, all in due time...

Meaning it only takes 17 states to shoot down an Ammendment

Kind of why no Ammendment has ever been passed that way

It`s also a magnet for Ku Kluxxer wannabes.
Yeah...once you crack open the hood on the constitution they can strip away even more rights than the Supreme Court has done lately. No more birthright citizenship, English as the national language so voting ballots won't have to be bilingual, official national religions.

I'm sure someone will come on here and say that they wouldn't dream of such a thing. The same thing that the SCOTUS nominees said about overturning Roe. They wouldn't dream of it!!!

Yeah...once you crack open the hood on the constitution they can strip away even more rights than the Supreme Court has done lately. No more birthright citizenship, English as the national language so voting ballots won't have to be bilingual, official national religions.
I'm sure someone will come on here and say that they wouldn't dream of such a thing. The same thing that the SCOTUS nominees said about overturning Roe. They wouldn't dream of it!!!
Yep on birthright citizenship. No more anchor babies from our adversaries.
Not sure about English as the national language, but its a great idea.
There can be no national religion dumbass. Deviant democrats want to ban religions.

Forum List

Back